2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

On 1/2/2022 at 9:20 PM, JetsandI said:

No coaching staff change for me. 

Yeah, agreed. I don't think the scheme is the problem.

Lafleur looked better as the line got more comfortable and as Zach got more comfortable. Ulbrich would look better with starting caliber players in the front 7. 

A good draft will go a long way. I also don't want to see Mosley gone any time soon. Would rather overpay him as long as hes playing at an elite level. Seems necessary given the lack of talent at the LB position right now. Weirdly, since he makes so much in '23 and '24 and its not guaranteed...I think that puts LB in play as one of our first two picks.

2 hours ago, Abe56 said:

I think they are.  Joe Douglas knows with another disaster season, his time might be up, I expect them to be very aggressive 

I doubt it as well. Just not in his DNA. This is going to be year 2 off this new regime. I think we add depth and continue finding our cornerstones through the draft. 

11 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Yeah, agreed. I don't think the scheme is the problem.

Lafleur looked better as the line got more comfortable and as Zach got more comfortable. Ulbrich would look better with starting caliber players in the front 7. 

A good draft will go a long way. I also don't want to see Mosley gone any time soon. Would rather overpay him as long as hes playing at an elite level. Seems necessary given the lack of talent at the LB position right now. Weirdly, since he makes so much in '23 and '24 and its not guaranteed...I think that puts LB in play as one of our first two picks.

Gotta draft his replacement, Mosley could be a great trade chip in another year for a contending S.B. team.

The Jets need to replenish the LB's, and not just with waver wire replacements and players coming off bad years or bad scheme fits.

Other than last years S converted to LB's how many years has it been since the Jets have added any LB's of note? Who would be impactful?

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Anyone think Fant could net a 1 or 2? Coming off an Elite year metric wise at LT at a modest contract, though expiring. What y’all think?

I don’t see why we’d trade him with Bectons health and work ethic an issue and Moses a FA. So we no chance we even think about it IMO. And no even if we had more sure things at OT… I think he’s net a 3rd at max. This was is only year he’s looked great. And he’ll be 30.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Anyone think Fant could net a 1 or 2? Coming off an Elite year metric wise at LT at a modest contract, though expiring. What y’all think?

He could probably pull a 2nd from a team that missed out on a LT in the draft. I'd hope we keep him, but I understand selling while the stock is high. Especially if we feel good about Moses & Becton returning. Not we as fans, but the organization (I know someone is ready to attack.lol) 

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Berrios extension in the works. Very smart move. Reliable player that clearly Wilson likes to throw to. Hopefully we don't drag it out and just pay him.

good news, Berrios gives this team a spark, he might not be a every down player, but he has his place with the Jets. It has been a long time since the media has been talking about a Jet player with respect.

9 hours ago, doumeyer said:

good news, Berrios gives this team a spark, he might not be a every down player, but he has his place with the Jets. It has been a long time since the media has been talking about a Jet player with respect.

He is an every down player is the thing. 

I just want to see us target the best TE we can get, RB #2, a good safety, and a vet CB for competition/mentoring in free agency. I'm open to adding a WR, but I'm also cool with giving Berrios a shot. He always found ways to make plays no matter how bad the QB situation was or how unhealthy the rest of the targets were. He will likely look better with the starting group and a 2nd year for Wilson.