2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

No coaching staff change for me. 

Same. They are married to their systems and I don’t think the coaching is the problem it’s really more of the fact that we need better pass rushers and LBers and safeties. Our corners have proved to be solid and compete hard but the rest of that D has completely underperformed and we are down to safeties from the street. Having actual starting caliber players next year will go a long way. I really hope we don’t just assume Nas or Sherwood are penciled in as starters because they looked like fish out of water before getting hurt. We better keep adding actual LBers and if one of those two workout cool, if not we took a chance on day 3 safeties and tried to see if they could be LBers. 

Three players we must bring back on defensive for 2022.

Quincy Williams, Bryce Hall, Cj Mosley

Hall is finally a late round draft pick who makes plays

Quincy Williams, Has really played well

C J Mosley, has been all over the field like Quincy and has second the most tackles in one season in Jet history.

These are the three players who have stood out. We have two or three players who will be back automatically next year

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

C J Mosley, has been all over the field like Quincy and has second the most tackles in one season in Jet history.

These are the three players who have stood out. We have two or three players who will be back automatically next year

Q is about to only go into his 4th year next year as a 1st rounder. So he's under contract for 2022. I'd imagine we 100% pick up his 5th year option for 2023. So he's still 2 whole seasons from being a FA. And we could even tag him after that.

Bryce Hall is a 2nd year player. He's under contract for 2 more years.

Quincy Williams is a FA in the offseason. I imagine we bring him back for cheap. But we still need to upgrade at LB.

CJ Mosley still has 3 more years to his deal. Now that's a number that's not exactly true. He's done with his guaranteed money after next season. So we can move on from him of we want. Which if we decide to keep him... we'd have to restructure that deal. Bc his money for 2023 and 2024 is ridiculous and he'd know that. So we will see if we keep him around beyond next season. He will be 31 when the 2023 season starts.

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

All are under contract anyway.

11 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, and QBs like Jones developing.  

I feel like he will, but I really hope JD is able to find playmakers on defense we can build around this off-season.  

I looked at the list so far. Not a lot of talent hitting the market via expiring deals so we’ll have to see who gets cut. 

Two guys I see fans clamoring over are Jessie Bates and JC Jackson but I can’t see their teams letting them hit the market. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I looked at the list so far. Not a lot of talent hitting the market via expiring deals so we’ll have to see who gets cut. 

Two guys I see fans clamoring over are Jessie Bates and JC Jackson but I can’t see their teams letting them hit the market. 

Same. Hopefully there is someone that will want a new contract and demand a trade. There is 1 every year. 

Just give me 2 guys we can build around. I'm not counting out the idea of us coming away with Thibo & Lloyd in the first. 

37 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

After giving Lattimore 95 mill, could see Marcus Williams shaking loose from the Saints.  Prob not trying to give another mega deal in the secondary with a bad cap situation (they are a projected 62 million over the cap)

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

Prob not trying to give another mega deal in the secondary with a bad cap situation (they are a projected 62 million over the cap)

Every year they are in cap hell and somehow manage to wiggle out of it with little pain. NOLA’s capologists had to have worked for the Fed prior to the Saints. 

18 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets ain't going to shell out $$ on big time or proven FA.   Just ascending players with 2 "locked" years in contracts.

I think they are.  Joe Douglas knows with another disaster season, his time might be up, I expect them to be very aggressive 

2 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

I think they are.  Joe Douglas knows with another disaster season, his time might be up, I expect them to be very aggressive 

Everyone in FO and coaching staff had agreed that this year was Year 1.  So, all disaster season talks are only coming from fans and media.   JD and Saleh won't be in hot seat until after 2022 season. 

That is what I have envisioned of new Jets.  Yes, I have to say "new". lol.