2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

13 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

For the love of God can people stop talking about how great Mosley was and how many tackles he had.  It meant NOTHING.  Sure there were some games, like the Titans game, where he had a big impact.  But who gives a s*** how many tackles when they are 5+ yards downfield because the team can't stop the run.

I wish I could like this 10 times. Even though I think the kid is bright and the website is usually very good, Michael Nania wrote and article about why the run defense was horrible and literally didnt list a single starter in front 7 other than Davis who barely played. Like lets be honest, Mosley was NOT good last year. I would literally give up a pick to get rid of his contract. He might be a good leader and play hard, but he literally was a JAG last year.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I wish I could like this 10 times. Even though I think the kid is bright and the website is usually very good, Michael Nania wrote and article about why the run defense was horrible and literally didnt list a single starter in front 7 other than Davis who barely played. Like lets be honest, Mosley was NOT good last year. I would literally give up a pick to get rid of his contract. He might be a good leader and play hard, but he literally was a JAG last year.

Run defense was bad mostly because of scheme IMO. Same personnel as last year mainly, that’s where the major change was. 

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean he was good and that’s a fact. Thing is, is that just a LB can’t alter a game much. That’s why I want nothing to do with a guy like Lloyd at 10. Great player… but isn’t a premium position. You can’t keep using premium picks on non premium positions when you don’t have great players already. To go a step further this is why I don’t want Hamilton either. Love him as a player… but he’s not a premium position. 

A fact?! In what effing world.

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Run defense was bad mostly because of scheme IMO. Same personnel as last year mainly, that’s where the major change was. 

Scheme isnt changing, this is what we are running. Need better players. LB is very important in this scheme. 

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

System relies on DEs getting pressure and we did 1/2 of that when we added Lawson. It was unfortunate that he got injured, but he’ll be back. And I’d have to imagine we use 1 of our top 4 picks on a DE or trade for one.

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

A fact?! In what effing world.

You’re right he wasn’t good… he was great. He was hands down a top 5 LB. Which is actually elite. So you’re right he wasn’t good or great… he was elite.

Seems like your pointing our front 7 not being good on him. Like he can control the other 6 players play. This defense relies on pass rush from DEs. We had no good DEs last year with Lawson out. Also relies on athletic LB play. Mosley was exactly that, but Quincy isn’t disciplined at all at LB and the other LB spot was a revolving door. Add to that poor S play behind him and he did everything he could as a LB on an awful defense.

It’s like saying Najee Harris wasn’t great this year. No Harris was great. But he had no OL in front of him. He can only do so much as a RB with no OL. Mosley can only do so much with little around him.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re right he wasn’t good… he was great. He was hands down a top 5 LB. Which is actually elite. So you’re right he wasn’t good or great… he was elite.

Seems like your pointing our front 7 not being good on him. Like he can control the other 6 players play. This defense relies on pass rush from DEs. We had no good DEs last year with Lawson out. Also relies on athletic LB play. Mosley was exactly that, but Quincy isn’t disciplined at all at LB and the other LB spot was a revolving door. Add to that poor S play behind him and he did everything he could as a LB on an awful defense.

It’s like saying Najee Harris wasn’t great this year. No Harris was great. But he had no OL in front of him. He can only do so much as a RB with no OL. Mosley can only do so much with little around him.

Elite lmao. Bobby come on you're better than this. That is all I can say. 

57 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Elite lmao. Bobby come on you're better than this. That is all I can say. 

You keep saying this. But prove to me how HE wasn’t elite. I don’t want to hear our whole defenses stats. I want you to talk about him and him alone. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You keep saying this. But prove to me how HE wasn’t elite. I don’t want to hear our whole defenses stats. I want you to talk about him and him alone. 

He was pretty bad in coverage 113 passer rating against. He complied tackles downfield. Had only2 TFLs all season and even though I HATE PFF at times...they gave him a 42. While I dont think he was that awful I think he was far from ELITE and just looked out of place and frail. I wish they would let him play with some more weight again. 

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

He was pretty bad in coverage 113 passer rating against. He complied tackles downfield. Had only2 TFLs all season and even though I HATE PFF at times...they gave him a 42. While I dont think he was that awful I think he was far from ELITE and just looked out of place and frail. I wish they would let him play with some more weight again. 

He also had a 9.7% missed tackle rate and only 3 QB pressures.  I am not sure how the missed tackle rate stacks up to other ILB's.  A lot of his tackles were downfield but is that his fault?  IDK.

IMO, Mosely was OK and worthy of being a starter but not at his salary which is certainly not his fault.  I love his field leadership and smarts.  Because of his contract, he will be starting for us this season.  We absolutely need an upgrade at ILB this season.  Williams is too reckless.  Preferably a rookie who can play decent zone coverage.

What I find funny on this site is that people dump all over Q because he does not live up to his draft status but like Mosley ignoring his excessive cap hit and diminished play relative to his Baltimore days.  Both are starters on almost any NFL team.  They are not elite but that is subjective.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

So you’re basing it off stats?

I hope you watched the games and saw he was better than that. You’re also not taking into consideration that he was the only player we trusted on our whole defense. He shouldn’t be in coverage as often as he was, but we had an incredibly young CB group and scrubs at S. So he was forced to do that. So he’s being downed by you for being a team player and doing what the coaches asked him to do?

And if I read right… I think he still ranked at like the 12th best LB with having to compensate for 7 or so other deadbeats.

Mosely proved me wrong health wise, but he wasn't great. I've been saying all year he's going to be moved unless they restructure his deal. If we keep him after this season,  that's 18.5m a year for the next 3. 

ILBs are probably the most important in this defense.  They consistently play a part in all areas of the defense and they're the ones that adjust the front 7 when offenses audible. One missed gap by an LB in a 4-3 mean the RB probably won't get touched until he's in the secondary if we're playing a good offense.  

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Mosley played out of position all year and had a good year under those circumstances. The answer is probably somewhere in the middle but he wasn’t terrible or awful by any means.

He wasn't awful at all, I thought he had a good year.  But the guys coming in here calling him elite is just wild.

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

He wasn't awful at all, I thought he had a good year.  But the guys coming in here calling him elite is just wild.

When your rank top 5 in tackles and a top LB 15 by PFF in our defense with 0 help and asking to do WAY more than you should…. That’s elite if you ask me.

I think most of you are still so sour about his contract, injury and sitting out where he’ll never be good to you.