2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I was kind of mad at Zach Wilson what he said to a reporter. The reporter pretty much threw a knife at him and he had no answer. The reporter asked him "The offense is struggling pretty bad what do you think about this? " Zach said "I'm not concerned about this." Umm MORON you should be. You are the key part of it because you touch the ball EVER play. You're suppose to be a leader on this team. Own up to it. This is just another trouble sign for this kid. He is not a leader of a football team. There is no way the Jets beat the Jags. This team has already packed it in months ago. I hope this coaching staff and Zach Wilson come back with a killer attitude next year. You have got to show some fire and emotions. 

For a guy that looks like a pretty boy. He is tough and plays tough. He just needs to work on his mechanics, decision making and not getting rattled. There was a clear differ3nce in his play after he took a couple sacks this last week. He has to power through that stuff.

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I was kind of mad at Zach Wilson what he said to a reporter. The reporter pretty much threw a knife at him and he had no answer. The reporter asked him "The offense is struggling pretty bad what do you think about this? " Zach said "I'm not concerned about this." Umm MORON you should be. You are the key part of it because you touch the ball EVER play. You're suppose to be a leader on this team. Own up to it. This is just another trouble sign for this kid. He is not a leader of a football team. There is no way the Jets beat the Jags. This team has already packed it in months ago. I hope this coaching staff and Zach Wilson come back with a killer attitude next year. You have got to show some fire and emotions. 

I hear you on that.  But Zach is just mimicking his HC.  According to them, there is no problem other than the growing pains of young FB team.  I am so tired of the nice guy answers.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I hear you on that.  But Zach is just mimicking his HC.  According to them, there is no problem other than the growing pains of young FB team.  I am so tired of the nice guy answers.

Very true. I never thought of that. He is doing what the HC does. We are young blah blah blah. At some point you MUST see progress. Here we are just a few games left and you have to REALLY dig deep to see progress with him. The progress he has made should have been done from like week 1 to week 1 to week 2 type stuff. 

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

By about week 6 next year Saleh won’t be able to use these excuses and things will get interesting 

If, by week 6, the Jets still look even close to being this pathetic, Saleh may not withstand the onslaught of fans and media.  You’ve got to believe they hear this ****.

Lets face it, any rookie we draft or sign will have some rookie growing pains on this team. JD will probably not spend too big in FA, it’s just not his MO. So unless Zach takes a huge leap and the coaches figure out how to get the D to resemble an actual NFL unit, we may very well be posting 2023 mocks by week 6. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

If, by week 6, the Jets still look even close to being this pathetic, Saleh may not withstand the onslaught of fans and media.  You’ve got to believe they hear this ****.

Lets face it, any rookie we draft or sign will have some rookie growing pains on this team. JD will probably not spend too big in FA, it’s just not his MO. So unless Zach takes a huge leap and the coaches figure out how to get the D to resemble an actual NFL unit, we may very well be posting 2023 mocks by week 6. 

He brought in the top pass rusher and one of the top WRs in FA. He's definitely a spender, just not Jerry Jones level.

10 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

AVT and Carter (db) on COVID list. I’m not even mad, I want that top 2 pick at this point 

Ya we might be rolling out the D- team for this one. And it's really Wilson's last game to show us anything. And he really wont be protected and with a poor group of weapons around him 

15 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

He brought in the top pass rusher and one of the top WRs in FA. He's definitely a spender, just not Jerry Jones level.

I was merely suggesting that he will not go crazy if FA to fill most of the holes.  He may get a big name or two but that's it.  If you look at what we need, CB, S, LB, OG, PR, TE, WR; he may only get a big name OG and a S.  You can substitute WR for one of those roles.  The Jets would need Mosley to play better, the CB's step up a bit, Lawson comes back strong, Becton plays and plays well, and almost no top TE's in FA.  We will be relying on rookies and 2nd year players to really step in.  That is a tall order.

16 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I think we did good in FA. We signed players that were still young. And that’s what we need to continue to do. Can’t predict injuries.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

lmao I laughed too hard at this. 

But with the players that are missing, we will probably get the #1 pick in the draft. 

We still need help to get there. The lions and Texans both need to win (not sure if Texans need 2 wins.

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Godwin tore his ACL which should only increase his odds of hitting the open market. Should be a guy we really should look into signing.

Godwin would be a good get but chances are it ain’t happening. He is making $16M this year. He’s going to want a raise which TB will probably do.  One thing that concerns me with any FA WR is our QB. Will he develop enough to justify a large contract WR?  It’s one thing to look good with Brady chucking it, maybe even Winston, but Zach?  It would really suck to have a $18M per year WR getting only 50 catches and less than 1000 yds.