2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

A part of me actually hopes Woody does move this franchise to London. I can finally stop rooting for them 

It is a lot closer than you think, Liverpool put in a bid to take the Jets. I was hoping Belfast, Nothern Ireland, would get the Jets, our green jerseys would go over big, and we can finally get rid of those ugly black jersey. 

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

It is a lot closer than you think, Liverpool put in a bid to take the Jets. I was hoping Belfast, Nothern Ireland, would get the Jets, our green jerseys would go over big, and we can finally get rid of those ugly black jersey. 

Belfast is a cesspool. At least it was. That is what my relatives around Dublin say. I just can’t see a fan base developing there. Great Britain, sure.

36 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If you guys weren’t Jets fans who would y’all root for. Ravens or Chargers for me

The Titans have a special place in my heart for the way they ended Brady's time in New England. They're also the anti-Minnesota. They find ways to pull out wins and win as a team without one unit having to do it all. They can beat anyone. Also, Henry is fun to watch. So I'd say them.

I've always liked the Ravens, but I don't like Lamar. I like what the Bengals have going, but I don't think Zac Taylor going to be the guy to get them to finally win a playoff game again. I like what they have going in Arizona, though for some reason I still think they go one-and-done in the playoffs (not sure I trust Kliff yet). Can't support the Bills as a division rival, unless the Jets disappear from the league. I like McVay but I don't like their way of building a team over there. Chargers I like too, but for my entire football watching lifetime it feels like they've underperformed each and every year and I'm not sure I can deal with that. At least the Jets are never expected to be any good.

On 12/17/2021 at 3:08 AM, xrade said:

Belfast is a cesspool. At least it was. That is what my relatives around Dublin say. I just can’t see a fan base developing there. Great Britain, sure.

Belfast is in N.Ireland and is part of GB whereas Dublin and S.Ireland (or just Ireland) isn’t. Both are beautiful cities though. 

As much as our fans over here love football it will never come close to the other football (soccer) 

For those saying how terrible this team is, doesn't anyone remember we only had ONE player worth watching last year and that was Becton.  Him, Q and Mann were our best players lol.  Now we actually have some promising players on this team.  Moore, Carter and AVT all look like fantastic picks.  We just need to let this thing develop.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

For those saying how terrible this team is, doesn't anyone remember we only had ONE player worth watching last year and that was Becton.  Him, Q and Mann were our best players lol.  Now we actually have some promising players on this team.  Moore, Carter and AVT all look like fantastic picks.  We just need to let this thing develop.

The OLine as a whole has been pretty good. And needs more praise. 

The pain is almost over. 4 more games to go. 

For the vets on the team, I like what I saw from Quincy Williams, Berrios (SPT), Hall, and LDT. They weren't the best, but good enough to start next season or at least hold the position for a developing rookie. No one really looked like a clear #1 answer on the roster and they all could be upgraded if the opportunity was there. 

Although Wilson is struggling (Because he was pushed out there when he wasn't ready), this whole draft class has flashed good potential but I don't think anyone locked in their positions as a clear #1/long-term answers in their positions. Moore is really close but got hurt. Michael Carter could be the RB, but we won't know until next season unless he explodes in these final games. I think each rookie was impacted by other's struggles or injuries. So I'm not blaming any of them. It wouldn't surprise me if Mc2, Carter, Moore, and AVT were the ones to really step up next season. 

Overall, some of the players flashed, but all the positions could be upgraded if the opportunity was there. That's why I'm going into the offseason with an open mind. I really want to find a potential threat other teams have to take seriously and core guys we can build the defense around for the next decade. 

Looking at the Pats/Colts game, the QBs aren't the best and the receiving options aren't even good! But they have great OLs and run games.  Multiple backs.  The Pats have two reliable TEs which is really helping Jones out.  I would not care if we loaded up Neal and Lindy, or Lindy and a RG.  Davis and Moore should be enough on the outside but we need an OL to dominate and rely on the run game until Zach is ready to win games.  

We have seen it in the past with Tennesse and Baltimore too.  Cleveland has been doing this with Baker.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Looking at the Pats/Colts game, the QBs aren't the best and the receiving options aren't even good! But they have great OLs and run games.  Multiple backs.  The Pats have two reliable TEs which is really helping Jones out.  I would not care if we loaded up Neal and Lindy, or Lindy and a RG.  Davis and Moore should be enough on the outside but we need an OL to dominate and rely on the run game until Zach is ready to win games.  

We have seen it in the past with Tennesse and Baltimore too.  Cleveland has been doing this with Baker.

Well, there are only 5 former first round picks in 4 teams.  Colts have 2.  Patriots, Ravens and Titans each have 1.

So why should Jets hurry up and get 3rd or/and 4th 1st round OL?

Edited by JetsandI