2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Those two games when Wilson was on the sidelines looks like it really help him. He looked like a different player Sunday. He went toe to toe with Philly in the first half, the second half he could never get on the field because our defensive was horrible.

Yep.    However, I ensure you that Saleh and JD knew it even though they stick with him being a starter.

We aren’t in a cap situation. While I think Q was an awful pick… we have to hold onto him bc he’s a good player. He just wasn’t draft him 3rd overall when you have a good DL great. And that was and still is my issue with that pick.

But by no means do you trade away a good young player for draft capital when you have 60mill in cap space. You hang onto those players and build around them. Q will be better with good edges on the sides of him.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We aren’t in a cap situation. While I think Q was an awful pick… we have to hold onto him bc he’s a good player. He just wasn’t draft him 3rd overall when you have a good DL great. And that was and still is my issue with that pick.

But by no means do you trade away a good young player for draft capital when you have 60mill in cap space. You hang onto those players and build around them. Q will be better with good edges on the sides of him.

Q can’t stop the run the save his life. He shows up every other week. Guy is insanely overrated on here. I honestly hate the JFM extension too. We’ll see what the excuses are next year. 

WHY OUT DEFENSIVE STINKS, IT WAS OUR LOUSY DRAFTING

2019  Quinnen Williams        third pick   first round         Not worth third pick in the draft

2019 Jachai Polite                 68 pick      third round        bust

2018  Nat Shephard          72 pick       third round            bust

2017   Marus Maye             39 pick       second round      good player wants out, won't be here next year

2016   Darron Lee               20 pick        first round           bust

2016   Jordon Jenkins        83 pick        third round          just a so so player gone

2015    Leo Williams            6 pick          first round           sucked with us is doing great with the Giants

2014    Calvin Pryor            18 pick         first round            bust

2013    Dee Millner              9 pick          first round             bust

2013    Sheldon Richardson 13 pick       first round             good player was gone in two years

all these first three round picks should have been the core of our defensive now

Our defensive was absolutely embarrassed Sunday

in our last five games we have given up 208 points that is a average of 42 points a game.

Edited by doumeyer

9 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Q can’t stop the run the save his life. He shows up every other week. Guy is insanely overrated on here. I honestly hate the JFM extension too. We’ll see what the excuses are next year. 

JFM extension is good.  Nowadays, average edge can score 10m a year. Jets slightly overpay JFM to secure 2 years (thru 2022).  After that, Jets can keep him or not one year a time.

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

WHY OUT DEFENSIVE STINKS, IT WAS OUR LOUSY DRAFTING

2019  Quinnen Williams        third pick   first round         Not worth third pick in the draft

2019 Jachai Polite                 68 pick      third round        bust

2018  Nat Shephard          72 pick       third round            bust

2017   Marus Maye             39 pick       second round      good player wants out, won't be here next year

2016   Darron Lee               20 pick        first round           bust

2016   Jordon Jenkins        83 pick        third round          just a so so player gone

2015    Leo Williams            6 pick          first round           sucked with us is doing great with the Giants

2014    Calvin Pryor            18 pick         first round            bust

2013    Dee Millner              9 pick          first round             bust

2013    Sheldon Richardson 13 pick       first round             good player was gone in two years

all these first three round picks should have been the core of our defensive now

Our defensive was absolutely embarrassed Sunday

in our last five games we have given up 208 points that is a average of 42 points a game.

None of them belonged to Joe Douglas.   Give Jets some time to gell it up under JD.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

None of them belonged to Joe Douglas.   Give Jets some time to gell it up under JD.

You can't build a defensive in two years, Douglas took over a terrible defensive that was built over the last eight years. The reason we are so bad is because all those high draft picks over the last eight years are gone. It was the same story with the offensive, but in the last two years Douglas has rebuilt the offensive. no way in the world could he build the offensive & defensive in two years. With those four picks we have between round one and two he will get a chance to get defensive help. 

Its hard with Wilson because the QBs he compared with didn't even start year 1, they sat and learned how to play within the offense. 

And I still do not get the Quinnen Williams hate, it seems like people have personal vendettas against him. He ranks as one of the best DTs in the league and people act like hes a bum. He has high pressure rates, will be close to 10 sacks, tons of TFL, so I just don't get it. The problem on our DL is that we have literally zero help at DE. If we had Carl Lawson and Bryce Huff, the DL would look much better. 

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Its hard with Wilson because the QBs he compared with didn't even start year 1, they sat and learned how to play within the offense. 

And I still do not get the Quinnen Williams hate, it seems like people have personal vendettas against him. He ranks as one of the best DTs in the league and people act like hes a bum. He has high pressure rates, will be close to 10 sacks, tons of TFL, so I just don't get it. The problem on our DL is that we have literally zero help at DE. If we had Carl Lawson and Bryce Huff, the DL would look much better. 

Quinnen’s production is fine it’s the plays he doesn’t make. We need him consistently pushing the pocket and being a force in the run game and he hasn’t been as disruptive as the stats suggest. He’s been good not great. Not #3 overall great. Same with Zach, he’s been decent at best not #2 overall pick good we had hoped. 

One thing we do around here is keep it real for the most part. We’re all rooting for these guys, I don’t think we’ve ever really hated on a player who was truly living up to their draft spot or contract. 

• Like 1