2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

7 hours ago, drew39k said:

By drafting him after trading out of two.

The dolphins did exactly this. Granted we could have stayed at 12 and grabbed avt then without needing to make that trade up or we could have grab Parsons and still did the trade up for avt while also loading up on picks.

Again how do you get Sewell? He went #7 the first trade up besides SF to #3 was Chicago to #11.

Also Darnold sucks, then, now and forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

Sure, my until post said "imagine if" it was purely a "man wouldn't it be great if" statement. One that, if Wilson does figure it out and become the franchise guy some of you were sold on when we drafted him and again after preseason and again after week one, would leave me looking like a pretty big fool. 

Ya he has to be trusted for at least 2-3 seasons. But the part that scares me is that the defense is so bad as well, so I could see us investing most our quality picks on defense. Yet again neglecting helping out our young QB.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Again how do you get Sewell? He went #7 the first trade up besides SF to #3 was Chicago to #11.

Also Darnold sucks, then, now and forever.

Not saying Darnold doesn't suck... we could have had Darnold and a vet and had comparable or better QB play than we ended up with

And again... Miami was able to move up to 6 so yeah after trading back w/sf 

It doesn't even take any guess work. We were slot two, Miami was three.  If anything we might have been able to get more.. I really don't understand what you are trying to argue here.

49ers receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 3 QB Trey Lance)

Dolphins receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 12 traded to Eagles)

2022 first-round pick

2022 third-round pick

2023 first-round pick

Dolphins trade up to No. 6

Miami Dolphins

Miami Dolphins

Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia Eagles

Dolphins receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 6 WR Jaylen Waddle)

2021 fifth-round pick (No. 156 traded to Steelers)

Eagles receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 12 traded to Cowboys)

2021 fourth-round pick (No. 123 DB Zech McPhearson)

2022 first-round pick

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I read Mike White tested positive and Flacco was a close contact?  Has nothing to do with him being unvaccinated lol.

Flacco being unvaccinated means that as a close contact he is out. Him being out forces the Jets to bring Johnson back up off the practice squad. Because Johnson is a vet, he is now out of options to be sent back to the ps. We are going to be forced to cut him or someone else after this game specifically because Flacco is unvaccinated. You might think it's not a big deal, but clearly the Jets valued Johnson given the efforts they went through to keep him around so far.

4 hours ago, drew39k said:

Flacco being unvaccinated means that as a close contact he is out. Him being out forces the Jets to bring Johnson back up off the practice squad. Because Johnson is a vet, he is now out of options to be sent back to the ps. We are going to be forced to cut him or someone else after this game specifically because Flacco is unvaccinated. You might think it's not a big deal, but clearly the Jets valued Johnson given the efforts they went through to keep him around so far.

You just said he spread COVID and wiped out the QB room.  Your two posts don't match.

4 hours ago, drew39k said:

Because Johnson is a vet, he is now out of options to be sent back to the ps

Does it really matter?  This team isn’t winning with JJ on the PS or active roster. I think getting Flacco was a smart move. At the time, Zach was broken, White was an uninspiring unknown as was JJ. Getting Flacco was a comfort move. Now, if we want to question JD for not getting a vet backup during the off season, that is a valid argument.

On 11/24/2021 at 4:47 PM, drew39k said:

Not saying Darnold doesn't suck... we could have had Darnold and a vet and had comparable or better QB play than we ended up with

And again... Miami was able to move up to 6 so yeah after trading back w/sf 

It doesn't even take any guess work. We were slot two, Miami was three.  If anything we might have been able to get more.. I really don't understand what you are trying to argue here.

49ers receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 3 QB Trey Lance)

Dolphins receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 12 traded to Eagles)

2022 first-round pick

2022 third-round pick

2023 first-round pick

Dolphins trade up to No. 6

Miami Dolphins

Miami Dolphins

Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia Eagles

Dolphins receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 6 WR Jaylen Waddle)

2021 fifth-round pick (No. 156 traded to Steelers)

Eagles receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 12 traded to Cowboys)

2021 fourth-round pick (No. 123 DB Zech McPhearson)

2022 first-round pick

Yeah no it wasn’t happening. Darnold sucks, I’m tired of seeing his name around here. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Does it really matter?  This team isn’t winning with JJ on the PS or active roster. I think getting Flacco was a smart move. At the time, Zach was broken, White was an uninspiring unknown as was JJ. Getting Flacco was a comfort move. Now, if we want to question JD for not getting a vet backup during the off season, that is a valid argument.

Ironically he really didn’t have much options. He went after Flacco to return but Flacco wanted a chance to play, Fitzpatrick hates it here, Mariota went back to the Raiders, who else was there? Hoyer? Keenum? Trade for Bridgewater?

I wanted Mullins. He played in the system. I would not consider him a vet, but he had experience in SF. Beyond that, the cupboard was kind of bare. Perhaps a late round pick for a QB should have been completed. The point is that it was not the smartest move to go into the season without having a QB who at least took a snap in a game within the last couple of years.

All this QB stuff does not really matter. No one is picking up Josh Johnson. You can cut him and grab him later if you need him. Zach Wilson is starting this Sunday and if he lays an egg again after this long break he needs to feel the pressure from the players, coaches, media and fans. No more playing around. You need to come out of this game with a W and no INTS. Then build off this. I hate Zach Wilson as you all know but as a Jet fan I'm forced to hope he does well. 

17 hours ago, xrade said:

I wanted Mullins. He played in the system. I would not consider him a vet, but he had experience in SF. Beyond that, the cupboard was kind of bare. Perhaps a late round pick for a QB should have been completed. The point is that it was not the smartest move to go into the season without having a QB who at least took a snap in a game within the last couple of years.

Not disagreeing but just saying it isn’t always as simple as we think.