2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Zach needs to be much better going forward. The offense has shown it has potential…if he comes back against really weak teams and slows the offense down…we HAVE to be in the market for a QB to bring in to compete in 2022. You just can’t hand him the keys if he really isn’t ready or just isn’t the guy. Unfortunately his struggles have been so extreme that this is the necessary approach. Some guys need to sit. Nothing wrong with that. Forcing him to start again next year when he can’t get it done does absolutely nothing for him or the team. Let’s see if he’s learned anything. I am anxious to see him back in there but I am still unsure he can process the speed of the game yet. 

Under no circumstances will this team be in the market for a Quarterback next year. 

Zach, if you’re listening(you aren’t), just let the game come to you. Take the check downs, use your legs when needed and just be patient. It’ll come together as the game goes along. The worst thing you can do is dig yourself into a hole on your first game back without your starting Running Back and a terrible defense to protect you. 

I think how Wilson plays in this game will show a lot about him.

Its an awful team we’re playing, so there’s no excuses. Yes we’re awful too. But we at least have some young talent to invest in.

He’s seen how much better this offense is with being smart. Taking the easy passes. Not just slinging it around.

For me it tells me a lot about him with how he plays. He plays smart I think we have a kid that gets it. He watched how it worked in a couple games while he was out. Learned and will get better. The negative is that he comes out and plays like he did. Which to me is extremely worrisome. And way beyond just playing poorly again. It shows a lack of the ability to sit and learn from mistakes. Stubbornness. Immaturity.

Im cheering for him and hope this down time helped him. So I’m in your corner Zach

14 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

How would we have Sewell exactly?

By drafting him after trading out of two.

The dolphins did exactly this. Granted we could have stayed at 12 and grabbed avt then without needing to make that trade up or we could have grab Parsons and still did the trade up for avt while also loading up on picks.

16 minutes ago, drew39k said:

By drafting him after trading out of two.

The dolphins did exactly this. Granted we could have stayed at 12 and grabbed avt then without needing to make that trade up or we could have grab Parsons and still did the trade up for avt while also loading up on picks.

I mean there are countless what ifs every draft. We'd be a Super Bowl contender if we drafted who I wanted every draft. But I'm not a scout or draft expert. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean there are countless what ifs every draft. We'd be a Super Bowl contender if we drafted who I wanted every draft. But I'm not a scout or draft expert. 

Oh hell yeah if I could go back when I joined and they drafted my guys we would have won a Super Bowl. 😄

Only bust would have been Gholston lol.

We have been comfortably leading the league in offensive yards since week 8. Granted a lot of it came in garbage time. 

But I think LaFleur has settled into his role now and we have seen the system can work. If ZW comes back and is still missing check downs and throwing it into the turf near an open receiver, we are in trouble.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Sure, my until post said "imagine if" it was purely a "man wouldn't it be great if" statement. One that, if Wilson does figure it out and become the franchise guy some of you were sold on when we drafted him and again after preseason and again after week one, would leave me looking like a pretty big fool. 

34 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

We have been comfortably leading the league in offensive yards since week 8. Granted a lot of it came in garbage time. 

But I think LaFleur has settled into his role now and we have seen the system can work. If ZW comes back and is still missing check downs and throwing it into the turf near an open receiver, we are in trouble.

Him missing those checkdown/flats throws was a major issue for him. He needs to do a much better just b at getting the balls to receivers with placement that allows for them to turn up field and run after the catch.

12 hours ago, ekill08x said:

If Zach shows very little progress the rest of the season it would be absolute malpractice not to be. 

The resources will still be utilized towards helping him become the best QB he can be. So like Bobby said at most bringing in a vet is what we’ll do with White being the #2 most likely.