2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

58 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Well, there are only 5 former first round picks in 4 teams.  Colts have 2.  Patriots, Ravens and Titans each have 1.

So why should Jets hurry up and get 3rd or/and 4th 1st round OL?

The way the board falls, insurance for Becton, Linderbaum is a generational Center (I'm not opposed to waiting on Center though).  Plus we don't have a history of hitting on late round OL.  When's the last time?

2 hours ago, TheChad said:

Points against the Saints in their last game against them:

Zach Wilson: 9

Tom Brady: 0

So there's that.

And both missing top two wr’s, but atleast Brady had his for some of the game

ZW>Brady and you just gotta accept it

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s a big time coaching issue on this team. Blame whoever you want (Saleh, LaFleur, Beck). But to only have 54yds in a whole half is more than just players. A Texas high school team can get 55yds in a half against an nfl team.

You are probably right, but this crazy injuries thing thru out the entire NFL is crazy, I  have been flowing the NFL since I was a young kid in the fifties and never saw anything like this. Just yesterday a bunch of star players went down for the rest of the year. It has to be all these new rules for training camp, where there is very little hitting, and starting players see next no action in preseason games. But your point about coaching outside of these few trick plays we had in the first half we did nothing the rest of the game, there were no adjustments, we just looked lost. 

Edited by doumeyer

41 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You are probably right, but this crazy injuries thing thru out the entire NFL is crazy, I  have been flowing the NFL since I was a young kid in the fifties and never saw anything like this. Just yesterday a bunch of star players went down for the rest of the year. It has to be all these new rules for training camp, where there is very little hitting, and starting players see next no action in preseason games. But your point about coaching outside of these few trick plays we had in the first half we did nothing the rest of the game, there were no adjustments, we just looked lost. 

One thing that does not get talked about is sleep, social media and video games.  There is a massive increase in chance of getting injured when getting 7 hours of sleep or less.  A lot of these athletes are a new generation who are on their phones all night with social media or playing COD/video games.  

Players are getting bigger, stronger, faster but many don't take care of their bodies.  There is a reason Tom Brady is still playing.  I'm sure the training camp rules affect it as well but these guys do not take care of their bodies properly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

One thing that does not get talked about is sleep, social media and video games.  There is a massive increase in chance of getting injured when getting 7 hours of sleep or less.  A lot of these athletes are a new generation who are on their phones all night with social media or playing COD/video games.  

Players are getting bigger, stronger, faster but many don't take care of their bodies.  There is a reason Tom Brady is still playing.  I'm sure the training camp rules affect it as well but these guys do not take care of their bodies properly.

That is another good point, there has to be a reason why there are so many injuries this year than ever before, with all these non contact injuries. Yesterday Sterling Shepherd tore his achilles heal just taking off from the LOS with nobody near him.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

So I guess it’s safe to assume we won’t see Becton this year?

such a weird situation

He’s going to come to camp and get destroyed again this summer and everyone will say “don’t be worried it’s camp” but I guarantee the coaching staff is worried about him. Keeping most of this line together and adding pieces and depth is essential. It may have been a freak injury but it wasn’t supposed to be season ending. That sounds like a player not working hard enough. 

Edited by ekill08x

22 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

He’s going to come to camp and get destroyed again this summer and everyone will say “don’t be worried it’s camp” but I guarantee the coaching staff is worried about him. Keeping most of this line together and adding pieces and depth is essential. It may have been a freak injury but it wasn’t supposed to be season ending. That sounds like a player not working hard enough. 

Edited by doumeyer

21 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I called this when the Jets drafted him. I wanted Wirfs over Becton. I'm not a fan of really big guys on the OL. A long time ago probably most of you don't remember there was a guy named Leonard Davis who was like 6' 8" and 360-370 pounds. He was picked very high by the Cards. You could tell he was fighting to stay on the field. He was always having back, knees and other injuries. From that point on I was not a fan of the really big guys. Give me that 6' 4" - 6' 5" 320 pound guy for the LT and RT. Becton is going to have a very short career. I think he will be out of the league in 5 years. He is just too bad then you add the attitude of just eating what ever you want to it is a plan for failure. 

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Becton, is making $ 4611,513 for 2021, the price of a big Mac is $3.99 each, that means he can buy 1,155,787 big Mac. That means he can eat 3,210 Big Mac every day. And you are worried about him coming to camp next year? 

57 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

The Jets are definitely worried about him, too many whispers and the fact that we aren’t getting any good updates on him

that draft looks just awful at this point. 

51 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The Jets are definitely worried about him, too many whispers and the fact that we aren’t getting any good updates on him

that draft looks just awful at this point. 

Yeah Douglas definitely struck out on the first one but 2021 has been a very nice one so hopefully more of that going forward. The results aren’t there obviously but at least we have a GM that for once prioritizes the right positions and prioritizes getting draft capital for players he doesn’t want to pay. Fans are way too quick to want to fire this guy. GMs jobs take several years this isn’t like a HC who you can almost tell after a year or two that they are not the answer. We asked Douglas to tear and down and start from scratch and fans are confused why we aren’t good lol. I think we would have seen a better showing this year if we stayed healthier so hopefully after another offseason and better draft we get closer to where we want to be in 2022. 

• Like 1