Raiders release S Jeff Heath

Turnobili

Just now, Turnobili said:

wonder what the S depth chart looks like... which of Gillespie or Joseph do they have backing up Moehrig at FS? both of those guys have mainly played SS

Gillespie has mainly played FS.

4 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

wonder what the S depth chart looks like... which of Gillespie or Joseph do they have backing up Moehrig at FS? both of those guys have mainly played SS

Joseph will probably back up both while Gillespie backs up SS. 

The only true/natural FS is Moehrig though, and we shouldn’t expect much from him his rookie season, although he should be much muchhh better than Harris/Abram were last year.

Edited by BayRaider

Oh wow I'm just seeing this for the first time. I mean yeah it saves money you can tell they were holding on to him until they signed someone else. And then drafting Gilespie in the fourth round was kind of the nail in the coffin. 

My last player to be cut will be Richard.  No need to pay a 3rd RB $3.5 Million.  You knew him or Heath was going to get cut if we wanted to sign a vet CB.  With the extra S in the draft it meant Heath was done.

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

My last player to be cut will be Richard.  No need to pay a 3rd RB $3.5 Million.  You knew him or Heath was going to get cut if we wanted to sign a vet CB.  With the extra S in the draft it meant Heath was done.

Well yeah, no reason for Richard with Drake on the team. Drake can do everything Richard can do and do it better. Can even run as a traditional RB. Richard trying to run between the tackles is some ugly ugly stuff lol. 

Edited by BayRaider

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well yeah, no reason for Richard with Drake on the team. Drake can do everything Richard can do and do it better. Can even run as a traditional RB. Richard trying to run between the tackles is some ugly ugly stuff lol. 

Cut Nassib and Richard, sign Marvin Ingram