2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

35 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Ramsey 

I respect your opinion but I don’t believe that many NFL GM’s would align with it. Most, if not all, would definitely take Donald because he disrupts the offense on all three downs in both the run game and the pass game. 

A more interesting question would be a prime T.J. Watt or a prime Jalen Ramsey. That’s a tougher decision for me. 

13 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Donald and Ramsey aren't equals, though.

They are both considered the best at their respective position in the sport. The fact that they also play on the same team adds an interesting additional layer as well. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st

6 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

If you were building a defense from scratch would you start with prime Aaron Donald or prime Jalen Ramsey? 

Probably Donald, though some would depend on who my HC and DC are and their strengths and what type of scheme they want to run. 

If building from scratch, one has to assume that it's an incremental build. Thus, if someone was absolutely hell bent on a secondary being their primary defensive strength, I could see someone saying they want Ramsey at the center of that over someone on the DL. 

Personally, I probably still go with Donald, and I'm more of a secondary guy. Just saying, I can see a reason someone could possibly opt for a stud DB. 

Regarding the Donald/Ramsey hypothetical think of it this way:

Aaron Donald is still one of the most dominant players in the league even after being double teamed almost every time and the Rams are 3rd in the league in sacks. While Donald might not get all of those, he at least is a factor via proxy due to all the attention he gets leaving other people one-on-one. The Rams give up the 11th most passing yards a game.

This simply isn't a discussion to be had. There is a right and wrong answer.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

There's a couple of guys I wouldn't mind snagging day 2. 

With Mullen, Facyson, Hobbs (if he keeps his ish together), and Hayward likely all being back, a rookie won't have to start. But adding someone with some ball skills would be nice, and necessary. Father time will catch Hayward eventually. Better to have someone ready to step up. 

Yeah it depends, I hope we resign both Hayward and Facyson. Then we can go OL/DT/WR.

14 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

If you were building a defense from scratch would you start with prime Aaron Donald or prime Jalen Ramsey? 

Donald and it's not close.  There is one AD in the NFL and as good as JR is I can name 5 others CB's in his caliber.  

Gaining pressure from up the middle while commanding a double team and being stout in the run game from one player is an invaluable asset.  

Take AD and build your D around him.  There hasn't been an 3T like AD ever and it seems like every draft there is a stud CB or two that come out.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I respect your opinion but I don’t believe that many NFL GM’s would align with it. Most, if not all, would definitely take Donald because he disrupts the offense on all three downs in both the run game and the pass game. 

A more interesting question would be a prime T.J. Watt or a prime Jalen Ramsey. That’s a tougher decision for me. 

You can find a run stopper fairly easily but a guy who takes the best receiver of the offense away for the whole game is unique. 

Not sure how you can speak for NFL GMs

Edited by Jraider91

3 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

You can find a run stopper fairly easily but a guy who takes the best receiver of the offense away for the whole game is unique. 

Not sure how you can speak for NFL GMs

So unique that the Rams give up the 11th most passing yards a game. What an impact!

And the fact you say "a run stopper" when quoting a post about Donald means you have a heavy, heavy bias or you just flat out don't know what the hell you're talking about. Both can be true but I'll refrain from claiming that's the case. 

I've literally never seen anyone call Donald "a run stopper" and say it's easy to find him. 

• Like 1

As a Raider fan, I’ve seen a defense with the best CB in the league. Teams can avoid them Pretty easily especially if they have more than one good receiver. It’s harder to mitigate a DT because if you double him you’re leaving the Tackles on an island against DEs who can get to the QB. 

• Like 4