2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This OL coach can develop leatherwood into a good OG IMO. Leatherwood has A grade physical tools. He just needs to be coached up. I don't like his hand usage at all. He's very salvageable, plus Good is a good starting guard. I agree, tackle needs to be addressed, either by a vet and/or by drafting a promising OT.

As someone who’s coached oline the one thing imo that’s the most difficult thing to correct on a olineman are penalty flags. It’s a mental thing that’s very hard to overcome 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This OL coach can develop leatherwood into a good OG IMO. Leatherwood has A grade physical tools. He just needs to be coached up. I don't like his hand usage at all. He's very salvageable, plus Good is a good starting guard. I agree, tackle needs to be addressed, either by a vet and/or by drafting a promising OT.

Agreed. I’m not ready to give up on Leatherwood at G.  He spent the offseason and a huge portion of the regular season at RT. As a rookie, I can almost guarantee he  spent little to no time at RG (yes, I’m aware he played the position in college). After a full off-season focusing on that specific position, he’s bound to improve.  His issues arent a lack of physical attributes, he simply needs to be coached up.

I’d be 100% ok with penciling him and Good at G, letting Simpson back them up, drafting a developmental RT in the mid rounds (3rd would be ideal) and signing a vet RT that has a couple of years left of quality time (Moses is who I’m thinking).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

As someone who’s coached oline the one thing imo that’s the most difficult thing to correct on a olineman are penalty flags. It’s a mental thing that’s very hard to overcome 

Sure. But I’m going to give him a little time away from Tom cable to see if he can do it or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sure. But I’m going to give him a little time away from Tom cable to see if he can do it or not.

Let's see if someone can get his footwork taken care of.  It was posted that he was opening his hips like he was playing on the left side while at RG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Let's see if someone can get his footwork taken care of.  It was posted that he was opening his hips like he was playing on the left side while at RG.

Like I say no stance no chance and his stance is ugly. First thing cable should’ve fixed was that stance

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Like I say no stance no chance and his stance is ugly. First thing cable should’ve fixed was that stance

From what I remember Simpson could play either side.  As soon as Leatherwood showed is tendencies to play like he was on the left side they should have switched.  Cable was not capable of admitting he was wrong with any of the players.  The only reason why Cable did not mind moving Leatherwood inside was so he would have another chance to try and prove Parker was a good RT.

• Like 1

That's why I actually think he should play LG and under new coaching I actually think he will surprise, not turn out to be a bust.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

That's why I actually think he should play LG and under new coaching I actually think he will surprise, not turn out to be a bust.

I think Parker should be over there with him also.  I would like to see how he can handle the LG also.  Would be strange but have a left side backup in Parker and have a right side back up in Good.  Parker just needs to stay on the left side no matter what.

100%. We didn’t put him in the best positions to succeed. He just looked sloppy all around. Lunging/overreaching. Bad sets. False starts. Ugly stuff.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

100%. We didn’t put him in the best positions to succeed. He just looked sloppy all around. Lunging/overreaching. Bad sets. False starts. Ugly stuff.

Penn, Parker, and Leatherwood all looked bad at RT.  Brown was the only player that looked like they belonged at RT but he never played and we gave hi way to much money.  If McDaniels brings him back he better sign for less than $10 a year.  He already got paid from us.

34 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

From what I remember Simpson could play either side.  As soon as Leatherwood showed is tendencies to play like he was on the left side they should have switched.  Cable was not capable of admitting he was wrong with any of the players.  The only reason why Cable did not mind moving Leatherwood inside was so he would have another chance to try and prove Parker was a good RT.

I honestly doubt cable did anything with leatherwood he looked the same as at bama. I wonder what that pats thought of leatherwood as a prospect 

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I also agree Leatherwood NEEDs to be moved to LEFT guard and believe he could actually become a really good LG rather quickly.  

• Like 1