2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

15 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

100%.

One of the most used incorrect statements is people saying that this draft QB bad and lacking talent. You find a player you like, take them. We honestly don’t know until they suit up

The 2017 class still had three guys go in the top 10.

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

100%.

One of the most used incorrect statements is people saying that this draft QB bad and lacking talent. You find a player you like, take them. We honestly don’t know until they suit up

You know how many classes have said to be "lacking talent" and they turned out to lack talent? 

Pointing out the exception to the rule doesn't mean the rule doesn't exist and isn't what you're going to get majority of the time. Watson was far better than any prospect than this class has. I didn't think Mahomes was anything to write home about though. Whoops. He still had all the intangibles you look for I just didn't like his "cute" style of play. I still don't like it but it's bitten him far less than I thought it would

Yeah QB classes always get ripped to shreds. Heck just two years ago, majority hated Tua, Justin Herbert, and Jordan Love. Burrow was the only well liked prospect. Jury is out on Tua and Love, Tua finally has a good offensive coach fit to his skillset, and we’ve only seen Love play one game. But Herbert is at least a Top 8 QB, and in some people’s opinion the 4th best behind Rodgers, Mahomes, and Allen .

People hated Josh Allen with a passion. People hated Lamar. People hated Mahomes (although to be fair, Mahomes was more 50/50 love/hate). People thought Watson was meh and would be average. 

If you go into every class thinking the class sucks, you are stuck with someone slightly above average like Carr, Cousins, or Tannehil for a decade. 

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You know how many classes have said to be "lacking talent" and they turned out to lack talent? 

That’s why you gamble and take risks. Conservative teams get no where. I can’t think of one conservative team that has won the Super Bowl in recent memory. Eagles, Chiefs, and Rams all made aggressive QB trades, and aggressive moves in general. 

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s why you gamble and take risks. Conservative teams get no where. I can’t think of one conservative team that has won the Super Bowl in recent memory. Eagles, Chiefs, and Rams all made aggressive QB trades, and aggressive moves in general. 

And the Giants overdraft ****ty QBs and have been in purgatory along with other teams. Gotta look at both sides of the coin. Mahomes was still 10x the prospect anyone in this class is but you can draft EJ Manuel and Christian Ponder all you want. I don't want any part of it. 

Was watching some clips of Burks and my guy was made for a McDaniels offense. He would kill it in the slot working those option routes where he can then eat of those YAC yards. Then can easily play outside as well. It will never happen oh man it’s a perfect fit. Built like Demaryius Thomas who just happened to be drafted by…….. Josh McDaniels

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 4:03 PM, BayRaider said:

Yet 80% of this forum was going crazy for Lamb…. who was a clear 4.5 guy both on tape and at the combine. At least Drake is 6’5” and can do a ton of things Lamb can’t. Only thing Lamb has over Drake is YAC/Elusiveness. 

thats a big only thing

Feel like one of the best values in the draft is WR Justyn Ross. His freshman and Sophomore year was very eye opening. Tons of big plays in big games. Had a incredible one handed catch in the title game against Bama. Freak athlete with great size. Have to trust your medicinal evaluation on him but if he clears this is a guy you can get in the 2nd/3rd that has top 20 talent and ability. Crazy upside with some risk 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Was watching some clips of Burks and my guy was made for a McDaniels offense. He would kill it in the slot working those option routes where he can then eat of those YAC yards. Then can easily play outside as well. It will never happen oh man it’s a perfect fit. Built like Demaryius Thomas who just happened to be drafted by…….. Josh McDaniels

The Raiders already have an All Pro slot

8 hours ago, roi34 said:

thats a big only thing

Drake beats him in every other category though, by far. Catch in traffic, route running (close but def Drake), bigger body, way better redzone threat, easily beats press (Lamb can’t beat press to save his life), and speed is probably exactly the same. 

Drake has the size and dominant skillset to be a Top 10 Wideout in this league. Lamb does not, imo. 

Edited by BayRaider