2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

24 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Gonna be cool to treat the draft like the Rams for one year and just not care about day 1 

McDanuels and Z said you can't massively reach on a prospect in the first round or two like Gruden and Mayock if you trade those picks away. 

With no 1st and 2nd now, wondering on the boards thoughts on who you’d like to see as a target in round 3? I think we’ll sign a capable RT in free agency still, and probably some cheap vet deals at DT and LB to round out the roster.. However, I think LB is our biggest area of weakness so I would consider trying to trade up from the 3rd round, maybe use our extra 5th rounder and get into the 2nd round to get Chad Muma or Damone Clark. Add some talent and youth to the position with Diablo and Perryman. 

4th round I would target the best guard for our offensive scheme to compete with Leatherwood, Simpson and Good for the starting spots and 5th round would probably be a good spot for a gadget/speed receiver pickup.. I think next year we focus on finding our long term RT in Round 1 and we’ll be looking prime for a nice run!!

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

still need a RT, DT......

Could use SLB, another S....

depth at Tackle, LB, DT, S sucks

Agree, I do think all those spots will be taken care of still with low cost vets between now and draft day.. but RT, LB, DT and S would definitely be the areas I’d like to see addressed for depth/development in the draft for sure!

2 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

With no 1st and 2nd now, wondering on the boards thoughts on who you’d like to see as a target in round 3? I think we’ll sign a capable RT in free agency still, and probably some cheap vet deals at DT and LB to round out the roster.. However, I think LB is our biggest area of weakness so I would consider trying to trade up from the 3rd round, maybe use our extra 5th rounder and get into the 2nd round to get Chad Muma or Damone Clark. Add some talent and youth to the position with Diablo and Perryman. 

4th round I would target the best guard for our offensive scheme to compete with Leatherwood, Simpson and Good for the starting spots and 5th round would probably be a good spot for a gadget/speed receiver pickup.. I think next year we focus on finding our long term RT in Round 1 and we’ll be looking prime for a nice run!!

OL or DT most likely. 

We could conceivably still move someone and package back into round 2. 

But assuming we stand pat until round 3, I'd probably go OL, DT, or WR/S/LB if someone fell. 

Looking at the roster, Abram and the LBs are still upgrade worthy and at least one OL is still needed for now. 

LT, 1 G, C, QB, RB, FB, TE, MLB, DE, WR*, FS, CB all look solid enough to ignore unless someone major falls. 

Like you, hoping we can address RT and maybe snag a LB via FA before all is said and done. 

Post Adams Trade:

FA: RT for short term.

Draft I wound up with at PFF:

86 Damone Clark, LB LSU... D needs a LB, Clark could be a stud

126 Christian Watson, WR NDSU... Stretch the field? This would be a massive steal.

164 Micah McFadden, LB Indiana... Bolster the LB unit. 

165 Otito Ogbannia, DT UCLA... Big space eater we still need after foregoing Wyatt, Davis, Jones, etc. 

227 Jack Jones, CB Arizona St... Depth CB. Worth the flier. 

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Post Adams Trade:

FA: RT for short term.

Draft I wound up with at PFF:

86 Damone Clark, LB LSU... D needs a LB, Clark could be a stud

126 Christian Watson, WR NDSU... Stretch the field? This would be a massive steal.

164 Micah McFadden, LB Indiana... Bolster the LB unit. 

165 Otito Ogbannia, DT UCLA... Big space eater we still need after foregoing Wyatt, Davis, Jones, etc. 

227 Jack Jones, CB Arizona St... Depth CB. Worth the flier. 

Christian Watson's probably not going to make it out of the second round(I personally think he goes at the end of the first). 

We may have a chance with the Wyoming LB Muma in the third round though. I like him

12 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

RT Petit-Frere or Lucas

DT Jones

None will probably be there but if any of the 3 drop I think it is a no brainer.