if the draft started today I would go

R3- RT - still a hole, I prefer Leatherwood on the inside 

R4- RG- I think Good is a stopgap 

R5- WR- add a explosive playmaker who can add competition 

R5- DL- add more talent in the trenches 

R7- LB- sure another depth player for the unit 

On 3/25/2022 at 5:39 PM, raidr4life said:

without further ado

#34 Leo Chenal, LB, Wisconsin: Perryman and Chenal on rundowns and eventual replacement.

# 86 Kellen Diesch, OT, AZ ST.: Can compete and win RT spot

#126 Neil Ferrell Jr., NT, LSU: Plugger in the middle could start

#164 Sterling Weatherford, S, MIA OH

#165 Tyquan Thortan, WR, Baylor: Blazing speed

#217 Cam Jurgens, C/G, Nebraska

#227 Decobi Durant, CB, SC ST.

I don’t want to come off sounding mean or rude but trading a 2023 1st so we can draft Leo Chenel, to me at least, destroys the draft. You could hit on other picks and still overall it’s a failure, because of the cost to get at best a late 2nd round ILB. And I actually really like Chenal as a prospect.  We don’t need a ILB so badly we need to sacrifice a ‘23 1st for it.  If Chenel makes it to the end of round 2 and you want to trade up from 86, that’s something that’s plausible.  Chenel is a very good prospect as a MIKE 34 LB with his ability to stuff the run, plus he’s a very good blitzer.  But he’s rather poor in pass coverage.  That’s why they blitzed him so much.  Even in zone coverage he doesn’t make plays on the ball when the balls thrown into his zone.  Spending a ‘23 1st on Leo Chenel is the equivalent value of drafting Alex Leatherwood at #17.  

I do really like the idea of drafting Jergens.  I think he could compete with James by year 2.  I like Ferrel in round 4.  He isn’t the classic 2gap run stuffing NT, however.  he can shoot gaps and make plays down the LOS.  For a NT he’s a decent pass rusher.  But I think he needs to get much stronger with his punch, which he could because he does have okay upper body strength.  it’s his lower body where he lacks power and that’s concern to me.  He’s a mid round prospect and they all have issues.  Overall, he has enough good traits I think he’s worth drafting.  Graham in NY seemed to like bigger DTs outside of NT.  He seems to be bringing that idea to LV when he signed Vernon Butler.  Thus, I could see Graham liking Ferrell.

Diesch is an interesting RT prospect. He’s always been a LT and his pass blocking is way ahead of his run blocking.  He’s 6’7.125”, 301 lbs so he’ll have to add weight to be a RT… like 15-20.  He’s got 4.8 speed so he could afford to sacrifice some during the bulking up process.  He’s considered a RT prospect probably because his arms are only 32.25”, plus smaller hands.  Personally, I’d stay away from him until round 4 earliest.  I think he projects far better in a ZBS then our power/man system.  Trying to play this guy at RT in year 1 would be brutal for the run game.  

• Like 1

86. Phildarian Mathis | DL | Alabama

Big, versatile defensive tackle that can play up and down the defensive line in both the 3-4 or 4-3. Seems to fit the mold of what Graham is looking for with his interior DL.

126. Eyioma Uwazurike | DL | Iowa State

Another big, versatile defensive lineman that played up and down the d-line at Iowa State. Our first two picks would really interject some more youth and versatility to our defensive front. 

164. D'Marco Jackson | LB | Appalachian State

Linebacker depth and a potential replacement for Denzel Perryman who is going into a contract year. 

165. Jack Jones | CB | Arizona State

Ball hawk CB that can play inside/outside, has the talent but just never really put it all together in college. 

227. Tyquan Thornton | WR | Baylor

Late round flier on a WR with big play ability that could potentially sneak onto the end of the roster.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

86. Phildarian Mathis | DL | Alabama

Big, versatile defensive tackle that can play up and down the defensive line in both the 3-4 or 4-3. Seems to fit the mold of what Graham is looking for with his interior DL.

126. Eyioma Uwazurike | DL | Iowa State

Another big, versatile defensive lineman that played up and down the d-line at Iowa State. Our first two picks would really interject some more youth and versatility to our defensive front. 

164. D'Marco Jackson | LB | Appalachian State

Linebacker depth and a potential replacement for Denzel Perryman who is going into a contract year. 

165. Jack Jones | CB | Arizona State

Ball hawk CB that can play inside/outside, has the talent but just never really put it all together in college. 

227. Tyquan Thornton | WR | Baylor

Late round flier on a WR with big play ability that could potentially sneak onto the end of the roster.

What are the chances Mathis makes it to 86, in your opinion?  He’d be a best case Scenario IMO.

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

What are the chances Mathis makes it to 86, in your opinion?  He’d be a best case Scenario IMO.

if we miss out on him, Travis Jones(if maybe he’s there as a result of Mathias  being drafted) and John ridgeway are good options in the the 3rd

Neil farell jr in the 4th would be really good too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

if we miss out on him, Travis Jones(if maybe he’s there as a result of Mathias  being drafted) and John ridgeway are good options in the the 3rd

I think there’s NO way Travis Jones lasts till the 3rd.  Someone takes him in round 2.

I do like Farrell and Ridgeway though.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think there’s NO way Travis Jones lasts till the 3rd.  Someone takes him in round 2.

Jones will definitely be gone. If it weren’t for the outrageous combines of the Georgia boys, he would’ve had way more plaudits and attention. 

He also smashed the senior bowl.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I was looking at selecting him at 53 if we could not trade back in round 1.  Without a trade my dream scenario before the Adams trade was Rd1 Penning, Wyatt/Jones Rd2, and Pickens Rd3.

20 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Jones will definitely be gone. If it weren’t for the outrageous combines of the Georgia boys, he would’ve had way more plaudits and attention. 

He also smashed the senior bowl.

Yeah… Jones really showed out for the scouts, but because he’s from UConn and a NT he really didn’t get the press clippings.  But he’s definitely secured a spot high on teams draft boards.  

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Travis Jones will be off of the board before Mathis, imo. 

Neil Farrell Jr, Thomas Booker, John Ridgeway, Noah Elliss, MarQuan McCall, Eyioma Uwazurike are all guys later in the draft that seem like good scheme fits.