2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

8 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Good thing the Raiders got Adams

The greatest QB in NFL history had one 5,000+ yard season under Josh McDaniels, lol. I just think we'll have a much more balanced approach this year and won't need Carr to throw the ball as much. 

• Like 1

I like Thomas Booker with one of our 5th round picks if he's on the board. Former 5 star, top 20 recruit that has experience as a 3-4 defensive end. High character guy as a 3 year captain at Stanford that started his career strong but just didn't really produce at the same level over his final two seasons. Over his Stanford career he had 159 tackles, 20.5 TFL, and 8.5 sacks.

His testing numbers are what caught my eye though.

6'4" 301, 34" arms, 10 5/8" hands

4.94s 40 yard dash (86th percentile) | 1.69s 10 yard split (83rd percentile)

110" broad jump (77th percentile) 

7.33s 3-cone (80th percentile)

4.41s shuttle (84th percentile)

31 bench reps 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Thomas Booker with one of our 5th round picks if he's on the board. Former 5 star, top 20 recruit that has experience as a 3-4 defensive end. High character guy as a 3 year captain at Stanford that started his career strong but just didn't really produce at the same level over his final two seasons. Over his Stanford career he had 159 tackles, 20.5 TFL, and 8.5 sacks.

31 bench reps 

I like Booker. I’d be OK with him in the 4th, to be honest. There are a few IDL guys I like in those rounds, but they’re few and far between. He’s one. 

29 minutes ago, mct288 said:

I like Booker. I’d be OK with him in the 4th, to be honest. There are a few IDL guys I like in those rounds, but they’re few and far between. He’s one. 

Yeah I think I'd like to target a RT with our first pick toolsy defensive players with our later picks. 

Something like this would be pretty ideal,Abram Lucas at #86, and the something like this with the rest of our picks:

Brandon Smith at 126, Thomas Booker at 164, Isaac Taylor-Stuart at 165, and Markquese Bell at 227.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The greatest QB in NFL history had one 5,000+ yard season under Josh McDaniels, lol. I just think we'll have a much more balanced approach this year and won't need Carr to throw the ball as much. 

Actually, he has had 0. 

Brady's 5k seasons have been 2011 when McDaniels was in St. Louis and last year in Tampa. 

I cannot, for the life of me, explain why anyone thinks Carr gets 5k. It's ludicrous and Fantasy booking. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I think I'd like to target a RT with our first pick toolsy defensive players with our later picks. 

Something like this would be pretty ideal,Abram Lucas at #86, and the something like this with the rest of our picks:

Brandon Smith at 126, Thomas Booker at 164, Isaac Taylor-Stuart at 165, and Markquese Bell at 227.

This is the mock I always do on thedraftnetwork lmao

11 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Actually, he has had 0. 

Brady's 5k seasons have been 2011 when McDaniels was in St. Louis and last year in Tampa. 

I cannot, for the life of me, explain why anyone thinks Carr gets 5k. It's ludicrous and Fantasy booking. 

Because Raiders were a trainwreck last year and Carr had 4,800 yards.  Don't let your hatred for the man cloud your judgment.

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Never, you've have always had Carr's back and completely understand the terrible situations he has faced over the years.  I'll vouch for you and that criticism makes zero sense! 

Thank you lol. 

I've never neglected to criticize Carr's personal boneheaded plays when they happen. Every player has them. 

I've also never been shy about saying "If we're going to keep putting trash around him, I hope we trade him somewhere that will put him in a better than bottom 5 situation". 

That said, "hate"? GTFO. I went on record saying that I think Carr may be a TOP 5 QB being held back by bad teams given that he usually cracks the top 10 consistently with absolute garbage around him. 

I must say, if not thinking Carr is going to throw for over 5k yards is "hate".....I guess there's finally a near consensus on the guy lol. 

JMD has never had a 5k QB, and even with the 17th game, only 2 QBs topped it last year.  Only 9 guys have ever done it, and 5 of them are in the HoF or locks for it, 2 are young and seen as top 5. To boot, Carr only had so many yards last year because we had no run game and had to spend the better part of the second half of games throwing wildly. How any of that is a criticism of Carr himself as a QB is....baffling 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 7:48 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

5 teams over the years had 3  1,000 yd receivers.

11 team's almost did it.  The last one was LAC in 2019

Allen 1,199 Ekeler 993  Williams 1,003

I think we’ll be #12.  Renfrow will get 900 probably but fall short of 1000.  Adams is likely to get 1200-1500+ and when you have a guy getting that much above 1000 it makes it incredibly hard to have the 3rd guy reach 1000.

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

31 bench reps 

He's been one of my favorite mid round targets since last year. I really hope we land him, I don't care what round given we traded our early picks.

17 hours ago, mct288 said:

Matthew Butler of Tennessee impresses me as well, is he one of your mid-round favorites? Booker is a wide body even though he doesn't have the bulk weight to look it on paper. I think Booker is my favorite potential mid round 2 gapper (5T, pass situation nose?) and Butler as a 1 gap penetrating 3tech. I'd be down to take both personally (Butler 86, Booker 126/164/165).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Matthew Butler of Tennessee impresses me as well, is he one of your mid-round favorites? Booker is a wide body even though he doesn't have the bulk weight to look it on paper. I think Booker is my favorite potential mid round 2 gapper (5T, pass situation nose?) and Butler as a 1 gap penetrating 3tech. I'd be down to take both personally (Butler 86, Booker 126/164/165).

I like Butler a lot. I figure he'll be a 3rd rounder, but I could see him going higher or lower too. I like Ogbonnia (UCLA) as a 3T type. He's just so powerful, and it's fun to watch. Uwazurike out of Iowa ST. is another one I like around the 5th. I'm OK with a few of the NT types, like Elliss from Idaho, too.

• Like 2