2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

I don't think the Ruggs incident changes that much for the draft. RT and IDL will still be the main needs to fix in Round 1 and 2. In the 3rd round we will probably pick a WR instead of a CB (and of course I think we will also go for an proven WR in FA). And then we get CB, QB, and depth players.

Further I wonder, if this could be a better chance for a scheme change in the offense with a new headcoach.
(I don't know if it's THAT necessary to replace a speedster with a speedster at the WR position - I'm not an football tactics genius 😉)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

I don't think the Ruggs incident changes that much for the draft. RT and IDL will still be the main needs to fix in Round 1 and 2. In the 3rd round we will probably pick a WR instead of a CB (and of course I think we will also go for an proven WR in FA). And then we get CB, QB, and depth players.

Further I wonder, if this could be a better chance for a scheme change in the offense with a new headcoach.
(I don't know if it's THAT necessary to replace a speedster with a speedster at the WR position - I'm not an football tactics genius 😉)

Honestly, this is what I'm thinking as well. I've been saying this a lot lately but this WR class look stupid talented so you will see high profiled guys dropping as a result. 

I don't know if it's important to replace a speedster w/ another but it is important to have guys that stretch the field to open  up other stuff. If a speedster gives you that, you need one and we really dont' have that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

The speed threat backs the safeties further from the line of scrimmage and opens up space for the other guys underneath. There's a real chance the offense regresses now.

Edited by oakdb36

On 11/3/2021 at 9:14 AM, Styrian Raider said:

The potential free agent WR class is loaded with guys like Davante Adams, Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, and Will Fuller all potentially hitting the market. There are so many variables right now though as we don't really know who will even be back next year depending on how we finish the season. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The potential free agent WR class is loaded with guys like Davante Adams, Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, and Will Fuller all potentially hitting the market. There are so many variables right now though as we don't really know who will even be back next year depending on how we finish the season. 

As i said, WR will for sure be our main target in the free agency. But I don't think, that Adams or Godwin will come to us. The will likely stay where they are. But maybe Robinson or Fuller would be interested.

5 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

As i said, WR will for sure be our main target in the free agency. But I don't think, that Adams or Godwin will come to us. The will likely stay where they are. But maybe Robinson or Fuller would be interested.

I think we have a legitimate chance at Davante Adams. I believe with Ruggs contract off of our books we'll have $61M in cap space to start the off-season. Adams refused to discuss an extension with the Packers before the season started and Rodgers restructured his deal in a way that would allow him to leave Green Bay after this season. Adams/Rodgers also both posted photos from the last dance documentary, implying that this may be there last season in Green Bay earlier in the year. Not to mention I'd assume that this covid drama isn't ideal for the Packers in terms of their ability to sell Rodgers on coming back. 

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

I think that depends on how aggressive we will be in free agency and the HC/GM duo.
If we sign an offensive-minded HC, then we might go for a WR in the first round and get a RT in the 2.

We've spent so much draft capital on WR both via trade and with picks that we've made and essentially none of them have worked out. I'd prefer to go after one of the top WR's in free agency, particularly either Davante Adams or Allen Robinson. Adams obviously has the Carr connection but I'd guess GB tags him. Robinson on the other hand is having a super down year, primarily due to the fact that Fields is buns so we may be able to get him at a discounted rate.  

I'll take an optimistic approach and assume that we make the playoffs this season so our coaching staff and Carr are both back next season. An ideal off-season for me would be: 

Resign: 

• DT's: Solomon Thomas, Quinten Jefferson, Darius Philon 

• Daniel Carlson, Alec Ingold, AJ Cole, and Casey Hayward

Cut/Trade: 

• Nick Kwiatkoski, Damon Arnette, Clelin Ferrell 

Free Agent Targets: 

• Defense: Kyzir White, De'Vondre Campbell, Carlton Davis, JC Jackson, Hasson Reddick, Akiem Hicks

• Offense: Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, Will Fuller, Mike Williams, Morgan Moses, Alex Cappa, Eric Fisher, Cam Robinson

I'd prefer that we invest into the trenches with our early picks although CB/WR may be a need again if we whiff in free agency. 

But some of the guys that I like as of now...

DL: Kingsley Enagbare, Drake Jackson, DeMarvin Leal, Jordan Davis, Aidan Hutchinson

OL: Charles Cross, Kenyon Green, Ikem Ekwonu, Alec Lindstorm, Daniel Falelele 

1. Kingsley Enagbare | Edge | South Carolina

2. Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota 

3. Alec Lindstrom | C | Boston College

4. Amari Gainer | LB | Florida State

5. Isaac Taylor-Stuart | CB | USC

5. Abraham Lucas | OT | Washington State

6. Sam Hartman | QB | Wake Forest

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We've spent so much draft capital on WR both via trade and with picks that we've made and essentially none of them have worked out. I'd prefer to go after one of the top WR's in free agency, particularly either Davante Adams or Allen Robinson. Adams obviously has the Carr connection but I'd guess GB tags him. Robinson on the other hand is having a super down year, primarily due to the fact that Fields is buns so we may be able to get him at a discounted rate.  

I understand what you mean and I do hope that we find at least one real starter in FA. I just want to say, that if the new GM-HC-Duo finds a guy that they like, they shouldn't pass on him, just because we already made some decisions that didn't work out.
(and at this point I think neither Mayock nor Bisaccia is a part of that Duo)

But for sure, if we have a top 15 pick, we have more urgent needs. (i hope that was a gramatically correct lol)