2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

55 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's the best WR in football. 

Who will be paid like it, and again is almost 30. He's never been known for his speed either so I worry he'd turn to molasses over the course of his contract.

I hope we use our money on the trenches.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Yeah but doesn’t seem to be serious probably keep him out for the rest of the season 

We've seen how long it takes rookie WR to adjust in our system, I'd pass on another WR early. 

Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Mike Williams, Courtland Sutton, Will Fuller, Chris Godwin, and JuJu are all potential free agents. 

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Who will be paid like it, and again is almost 30. He's never been known for his speed either so I worry he'd turn to molasses over the course of his contract.

As he should be. He'll be 29 in December, Antonio Brown is 33 and not the fastest guy either, has that stopped him from being great? Larry Fitzgerald was a 100+ catch / 1,000+ yard WR well into his 30s. The fact that he doesn't win with purely speed is a positive because it's less likely he'll decline quickly as he gets older. If you sign him to a 3-4 year deal you're getting him from age 29-32. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

As he should be. He'll be 29 in December, Antonio Brown is 33 and not the fastest guy either, has that stopped him from being great? Larry Fitzgerald was a 100+ catch / 1,000+ yard WR well into his 30s. The fact that he doesn't win with purely speed is a positive because it's less likely he'll decline quickly as he gets older. If you sign him to a 3-4 year deal you're getting him from age 29-32. 

Larry probably would've retired as one too if he didn't have to deal with a revolving door of QBs and systems. 

AZ did that man dirty.

Just now, NYRaider said:

If you can get a top 10 player in the NFL at age 29, you do it.

Yep. 

29 doesn't scare me, especially with WRs that aren't reliant on speed alone. 

Adams should easily remain an elite WR for another 3-4 years minimum. 

If he wanted to keep playing, he's very much one of those guys who should easily be able to transition to a WR2/3 role and rack up 7-800 yard seasons into his mid 30s and that again assumes he experiences a meaningful drop in skill in the next couple of years. 

I'd grab him on a 7 year deal with "out" options in years 6 and 7 and never think about it again. 

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Agreed. I bet we'll do that and grab a speedster in the draft. Kinda hope we do as well

42 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. 

29 doesn't scare me, especially with WRs that aren't reliant on speed alone. 

Adams should easily remain an elite WR for another 3-4 years minimum. 

If he wanted to keep playing, he's very much one of those guys who should easily be able to transition to a WR2/3 role and rack up 7-800 yard seasons into his mid 30s and that again assumes he experiences a meaningful drop in skill in the next couple of years. 

I'd grab him on a 7 year deal with "out" options in years 6 and 7 and never think about it again. 

Adams is literally the best WR in the NFL and people would rather draft a WR, lol. How well has drafting WR's worked out for us?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Adams is literally the best WR in the NFL and people would rather draft a WR, lol. How well has drafting WR's worked out for us?

I'm all for drafting one, provided we don't snag Adams. 

But my list of acceptable picks is very short, so they better back up the Brinks truck for Davante.

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

I'm all for drafting one, provided we don't snag Adams. 

But my list of acceptable picks is very short, so they better back up the Brinks truck for Davante.

Drafting a WR early would be meh. That's the Al Davis way of thinking, we've already seen Ruggs/Edwards struggle to adjust and build chemistry with Carr as rookies.

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

He's very good. I bet his stock will rise after the combine b/c his skills and production are very hindered by pretty bad QB play.

Thx. I know nothing about the upcoming draft class but just watching his highlights, he seems to bring the skillset we just lost.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

@BobbyPhil1781 What about the Ohio State WRs?

I would take Olave or Wilson in a heartbeat and not think twice about it. My only concern is we lost a guy who can stretch the field and neither of them have blazing speed. Olave, somehow, always finds himself behind the defense though so I'm confused as to how he'll fare against NFL CBs and if he can replicate that. Wilson's hands and route running are insanely good but I won't expect him to run sub 4.4 so I guess we need to prioritize what's most important. As much as I might hate saying it, Dotson would be a better fit to replace what we just lost than either of them. If we landed either of those three, I don't see how we'd end up sad though. All are fantastic players.

• Like 1