2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

On 12/17/2021 at 6:17 PM, NYRaider said:

I'm assuming we'll be picking at like 8th or 9th if we lose out. London fractured his ankle on Halloween so I don't think he'll be able to participate in any pre-draft stuff which could push him down the board.

I feel bad for him because he'd probably have balled out enough to warrant top 10 status in the draft had he finished the year and participates and tests well. 

That said, I very selfishly hope he falls and we can snag him. 

• Like 2

On 12/18/2021 at 9:22 AM, NYRaider said:

Trade Carr to the Saints for their 1st/3rd and Waller to the Packers for their first and a future pick.

I would take that  but I was thinking maybe the Panthers would take Carr for a couple of 1sts and have us eat Donalds contract, or atleast this years 1st and a good pick next year.  I could see sombody like the Bills wanting Waller, they need another weapon on offense and he could be perfect for them. 

10 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I feel bad for him because he'd probably have balled out enough to warrant top 10 status in the draft had he finished the year and participates and tests well. 

That said, I very selfishly hope he falls and we can snag him. 

I've seen a lot of people compare him to Mike Evans and I think that he can be a similar player. I like London, Jameo, and Dotson. 

5 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I wouldn't write off corner in the 1st just yet or safety in the second either.

I just want good players.  Forget need.  Just get a stud. 

I feel like this years draft is going to be wild. Watching college football this season the talent level seemed to be down across the board and I've seen a few guys ranked in such a wide range. Like some mock drafts have DeMarvin Leal going in the top 10 while others don't even have him going in the first round. I've also seen some people with Brandon Smith going in the first and others that have a 3rd round grade on him.

7 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I would take that  but I was thinking maybe the Panthers would take Carr for a couple of 1sts and have us eat Donalds contract, or atleast this years 1st and a good pick next year.  I could see sombody like the Bills wanting Waller, they need another weapon on offense and he could be perfect for them. 

If we're moving Carr for picks with his current team friendly deal we're not eating up space for a below average QB.

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

we lost alot of juice with Ruggs. We need a WR who can separate, scare the safeties. IDK about these 6'4 wideouts without those jets. We already have Edwards, how has that worked 

I still think Edwards could be decent with a different QB. esp in redzne
Carr has shown he prefers throwing to WRs who get open vs those who can win with size. Edwards should be able to win with ball placement and his size. 
I think a qb more willing to take shots / risks could get Edwards going in the redzone. 

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I still think Edwards could be decent with a different QB. esp in redzne
Carr has shown he prefers throwing to WRs who get open vs those who can win with size. Edwards should be able to win with ball placement and his size. 
I think a qb more willing to take shots / risks could get Edwards going in the redzone. 

I went from Edwards might be this stud, dark horse WR who should have been 1st rounder. Now I think he might develop into WR2 but not sold at all. We should bring in competition for that WR2 spot. For sure need a WR1

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I went from Edwards might be this stud, dark horse WR who should have been 1st rounder. Now I think he might develop into WR2 but not sold at all. We should bring in competition for that WR2 spot. For sure need a WR1

no doubt, he isnt proven so I agree we need to bring in competition. 
Just that I dont think his style of play is what Carr tends to like. 
Nothing wrong with that either, just kinda how I see it. 
IMO Carr should be throwing the back shoulder / contested catch to him a lot, as he apparently has great hands. (reported all offseason, but yet to be seen)

23 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Why would Packers give that much when Rodgers is most likely gone? 

7 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

IMO Carr should be throwing the back shoulder / contested catch to him a lot, as he apparently has great hands. (reported all offseason, but yet to be seen)

Edwards should be getting 5 targets a game especially considering our wrs and to see what he's got. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Edwards has the ability to make contested catches, but he's not reliable enough to consistently make those plays yet. Unless you got a guy like Adams or Hopkins, you don't want to write in contested catches as part of your game plan. The only guy who should get those types of targets semi-consistently is Waller, and he already does.

Going into 2022, I think most of us want him to compete for a #2 outside spot. We forget that, for most guys, playing receiver well takes time. Devonta Adams was kind of a big disappointment for several seasons before he became elite.