2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Only he wasn't. That week 1 twitter thread and pushed this narrative and people bought in. Reality is, he has cover skills like a DB. Parson is an absolute war daddy in every facet of the game. Coverage, pass rush, you name it.  

The cold part is he's only gonna get better

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Only he wasn't. That week 1 twitter thread and pushed this narrative and people bought in. Reality is, he has cover skills like a DB. Parson is an absolute war daddy in every facet of the game. Coverage, pass rush, you name it.  

And what’s insane is that the Cowboys only took him because the Broncos didn’t take a QB. 

It’s possible he could have fell to the Raiders, I think of how awesome that would be but then I realized that Gruden probably still would have taken Leatherwood. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

And what’s insane is that the Cowboys only took him because the Broncos didn’t take a QB. 

It’s possible he could have fell to the Raiders, I think of how awesome that would be but then I realized that Gruden probably still would have taken Leatherwood. 

Mr. Leatherwood would have been taken top 5 of we were picking there. 

Remember, he was "the highest rated player on our board" per Mayock the Magnificent. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

The cold part is he's only gonna get better

I would pump the breaks on this take. We've seen this story before. Parsons hit the ground running and is much much better than I though he'd ever be. But, I wouldn't expect him to get better when he already looks great; he's just giving Dallas a lot early--which is great for him and them. Break out rookies--particularly at instinctive positions like runningback or linebacker--usually level off or regress instead of getting better, especially when you consider injuries (see Dallas last two highly touted linebackers).

I will say that I have only really watched Parsons against the Raiders and he was pretty much just an edge rusher or an extra blitzer. Is that what he plays every game for Dallas? If that's the case, I could definitely see him getting better as an edge rusher.

And, even without watching a snap of him in coverage, there is no shot he has DB coverage skills. I think that's just vast underestimation of what it takes to cover NFL receivers. Maybe backup-level DB coverage skills--which is still good for a linebacker. I feel like it's shorthand for when a player covers well for not being a DB.

Right now where the Raiders are picking at the moment I think it takes them out of a couple of players who I mentioned before(Dean,Gardner,Neal)

Think this would be a great spot for Chris Olave. Can’t teach speed and he has it. Also a damn good route runner

1.Chris Olave WR

2.Roger McCreary CB

3.Haskell Garrett DT

I would address RT and SS in FA along with WR as well. 

Edited by agarcia34

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Right now where the Raiders are picking at the moment I think it takes them out of a couple of players who I mentioned before(Dean,Gardner,Neal)

Think this would be a great spot for Chris Olave. Can’t teach speed and he has it. Also a damn good route runner

1.Chris Olave WR

2.Roger McCreary CB

3.Haskell Garrett DT

I like him a lot more in the 20s. He's a good player. 

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

1.Chris Olave WR

2.Roger McCreary CB

3.Haskell Garrett DT

I like Chris Olave But I don't think you'll be there by the time we pick

24 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I would pump the breaks on this take. We've seen this story before. Parsons hit the ground running and is much much better than I though he'd ever be. But, I wouldn't expect him to get better when he already looks great; he's just giving Dallas a lot early--which is great for him and them. Break out rookies--particularly at instinctive positions like runningback or linebacker--usually level off or regress instead of getting better, especially when you consider injuries (see Dallas last two highly touted linebackers).

I will say that I have only really watched Parsons against the Raiders and he was pretty much just an edge rusher or an extra blitzer. Is that what he plays every game for Dallas? If that's the case, I could definitely see him getting better as an edge rusher.

And, even without watching a snap of him in coverage, there is no shot he has DB coverage skills. I think that's just vast underestimation of what it takes to cover NFL receivers. Maybe backup-level DB coverage skills--which is still good for a linebacker. I feel like it's shorthand for when a player covers well for not being a DB.

Parson's is a differently animal. He's an absolute *** kicker. You don't see players like him often. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I like Chris Olave But I don't think you'll be there by the time we pick

Such a stacked WR class I could see it. 

First WR that I can see get drafted is     J.Williams

G.Wilson

Olave or Burks 

London

Maybe Dotson at the end of round 1 but there are two rounds of good WR talent 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

G.Wilson

Olave or Burks 

London

Dotson is very underrated, he will be good.

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

G.Wilson

Olave or Burks 

London

The 1st round has historically been a poor return on value at the WR position. I would prefer to wait because good WR prospects always fall in the 2/3 range. I’m all for building up the OL or DL in round 1 this year (Jordan Davis would be ideal).