2022 Draft Talk

swede700

1 hour ago, viking said:

Was set on drafting corner in the first round but I'm starting to get a real draft crush for Drake London.

Give our new HC the best receiving trio in the league.

JJ and London on the outside and Thielen in the slot would be dominant.

I think that would be a luxury pick for which we don’t have the luxury. Especially with KJ and Irv. I think it would almost be professional malpractice to take an offensive player in the first round, considering how bad the defense was last year. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I think that would be a luxury pick for which we don’t have the luxury. Especially with KJ and Irv. I think it would almost be professional malpractice to take an offensive player in the first round, considering how bad the defense was last year. 

KJ and Irv aren't elite they are role players and haven't proven anything in the league.

The Rams won the SB by attacking the passing game - Cupp and Woods? They didn't care went out and signed OBJ.

The Bengals made it to the SuperBowl by adding Jamar Chase to a good recieving core

Adding weapons to an offense isn't a "luxury" it's how you win in the NFL

4 minutes ago, viking said:

KJ and Irv aren't elite they are role players and haven't proven anything in the league.

The Rams won the SB by attacking the passing game - Cupp and Woods? They didn't care went out and signed OBJ.

The Bengals made it to the SuperBowl by adding Jamar Chase to a good recieving core

Adding weapons to an offense isn't a "luxury" it's how you win in the NFL

The Rams added MUCH more on defense...that's how they won the SB. By being great on both sides of the ball. The Vikings are FAR from good on D, let alone great. And, they don't have money to do what the Rams did.

• Like 2

You don't need 3 elite WRs to have success as an offense.  And the Vikings have an elite RB on top of it, which neither TB had last year or the Rams had this year.  You can't lessen Cook's impact for the sake of adding a top-tier WR in the draft.  I would agree that that would pretty much be malpractice, especially with how weak the defense is, which also wasn't the case in either TB or LA.   

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

You don't need 3 elite WRs to have success as an offense.  And the Vikings have an elite RB on top of it, which neither TB had last year or the Rams had this year.  You can't lessen Cook's impact for the sake of adding a top-tier WR in the draft.  I would agree that that would pretty much be malpractice, especially with how weak the defense is, which also wasn't the case in either TB or LA.   

an "Elite" RB really doesn't mean much. A lot of Vikings fans are going to realise this going forward with an analytics based approach under Kewsi.

Any RB can have elite production if the opposing defense respects the pass game. If the opposing team can only have 6 in the box you're going to have a successful run game

1 hour ago, viking said:

an "Elite" RB really doesn't mean much. A lot of Vikings fans are going to realise this going forward with an analytics based approach under Kewsi.

Any RB can have elite production if the opposing defense respects the pass game. If the opposing team can only have 6 in the box you're going to have a successful run game

***Derrick Henry has entered the chat***

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I think the only exception is center, but we’d hopefully trade back and not draft one at #12 (but still land Linderbaum).

• Like 1

I’m moderately okay with going with Linderbaum at #12, if we don’t add any top IOL options on day 1 of free agent. 

darisaw-cleveland-linderbaum-davis-oneil

helps the QB, the passing game and the run game, while playing 100% of snaps and addresses an area of need (Bradbury replacement)

Edited by CriminalMind

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

I’m moderately okay with going with Linderbaum at #12, if we don’t add any top IOL options on day 1 of free agent. 

darisaw-cleveland-linderbaum-davis-oneil

helps the QB, the passing game and the run game, while playing 100% of snaps and addresses an area of need (Bradbury replacement)

Yeah same here. Just watched film on him and he looks like the real deal. He fits the zone blocking system perfectly, which I think we’re going to keep. The only thing that scares me is that we just missed on a first-round center with Bradbury, but then again, we missed on Laquon Treadwell then drafted Justin Jefferson a few years later. If Stingley, Gardner and Karlaftis are gone, I wouldn’t mind Linderbaum. Another player that has grown on me is McDuffie. He might be the best corner in the draft, he’s just a little undersized. 

16 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Great Twitter thread on Malik Willis. Lots of gifs of amazing throws and what his mistakes were. 

i would take Willis at 12 

Drafting Willis would be going against everything about our team and personnel group. Willis is a Quarterback that mostly runs RPOs much like Lamar Jackson. That’s the worst thing for an elite WR like Jefferson, because that means he’s not going to be getting the ball thrown his way as much. Also QBs that play in that style don’t have longevity. I would absolutely hate this pick and really doubt that’s the direction we go in. If we replace Kirk Cousins, it will be for a better QB, not worse. 

• Like 1