2022 Draft Talk

swede700

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Im not dismissing Chase as a player, I'm dismissing his value as a top 5 pick. No WR is worth that. Not Chase, Moss, Rice, Johnson, Owens etc.

I don’t think there’s anyone on this board that wouldn’t take Rice or Moss #1 overall. I understand the point you are trying to make, but that’s a pretty outlandish claim to make.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Eventually we’ve got to field a defense that isn’t a complete disaster. Jefferson, Thielen and Osborn is a perfectly capable trio, certainly wouldn’t move Thielen just to create a gaping hole. I’m all for grabbing a day 2 or 3 WR, just seems the Vikes need to figure out the defense, mostly at edge, DT and CB.

In that draft scenario we moved on from Cousins, almost the entirety if the cap saving would be allocated to improving the defense for sure.

42 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Im not dismissing Chase as a player, I'm dismissing his value as a top 5 pick. No WR is worth that. Not Chase, Moss, Rice, Johnson, Owens etc.

I don't dismiss that, but I dismiss any mock that has 2 offensive players and a safety drafted in the first 2 rounds.  That would be worthless, in my estimation, since they likely already have 2 capable safeties in Smith and Bynum (yes, I think Bynum is fully capable of holding down the starting spot).

• Like 3

Just now, swede700 said:

I don't dismiss that, but I dismiss any mock that has 2 offensive players and a safety drafted in the first 2 rounds.  That would be worthless, in my estimation, since they likely already have 2 capable safeties in Smith and Bynum (yes, I think Bynum is fully capable of holding down the starting spot).

BPA - Harrison isn't going to be around forever and is due to fall off a cliff any time soon. The top corners were gone so looked to keep the secondary strong at safety

Can you do a 3 round mock draft using PFF/fanspeak/the draft network? I am interested to see what you would do in the draft

47 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

you wouldn't take Rice or Moss with a top five pick, knowing how deep their careers were?

hoo boy, that's lame.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, viking said:

BPA - Harrison isn't going to be around forever and is due to fall off a cliff any time soon. The top corners were gone so looked to keep the secondary strong at safety

Can you do a 3 round mock draft using PFF/fanspeak/the draft network? I am interested to see what you would do in the draft

Either way, I'm not drafting a safety in the first 2 rounds when you have those 2 guys.  Consider doing it next year when you can get out of Harrison's deal...not this year.  I'd rather draft a LB than a S in the first 2 rounds.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you wouldn't take Rice or Moss with a top five pick, knowing how deep their careers were?

hoo boy, that's lame.

Eh, with the benefit of hindsight, sure. But I tend to agree with him when looking at it from a realistic standpoint. Ronnie Lott or Ed Reed would be a #1 overall player with the benefit of hindsight, but Safeties aren't that valuable. Positional value means something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

Eh, with the benefit of hindsight, sure. But I tend to agree with him when looking at it from a realistic standpoint. Ronnie Lott or Ed Reed would be a #1 overall player with the benefit of hindsight, but Safeties aren't that valuable. Positional value means something.

yes, but his statement involved hindsight.

36 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Either way, I'm not drafting a safety in the first 2 rounds when you have those 2 guys.  Consider doing it next year when you can get out of Harrison's deal...not this year.  I'd rather draft a LB than a S in the first 2 rounds.

Where's your mock?

Harder than it looks

3 minutes ago, viking said:

Where's your mock?

Harder than it looks

I generally only post 1 a year and I'm not ready to do that yet, because I haven't done enough research yet.  But, I can guarantee you it won't have a safety in the first 2 rounds.  😉

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I generally only post 1 a year and I'm not ready to do that yet, because I haven't done enough research yet.  But, I can guarantee you it won't have a safety in the first 2 rounds.  😉

A Vikings only mock? Or an NFL mock?

Edited by SemperFeist

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

hoo boy, that's lame.

If we are going based on the year they are drafted:

1985: Bruce Smith, Chris Coleman, Kevin Greene, William Perry and Randall Cunningham are 5 examples of players I'd take over Rice.

1998: Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Alan Faneca, Patrick Surtain, Matt Birk, Flozell Adams, Tra Thomas and Kyle Turley are examples of players I'd take over Moss. 

Regardless, Rice at 16 and Moss at 21 were fantastic picks. 

• Like 1