2022 Draft Talk

swede700

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I would not mind trading down, would love to steal Daxton Hill and have him be the safety opposite Smith and he could play CB also potentially as well.  

So I was thinking about Daxton Hill!....but as a cb, not a safety.  a lot of characteristics can translate to the boundary corner as well! Do you think if we stuck him as a boundary corner, he can still succeed?

Edited by battle2heaven

Given our recent lack of success with 1st round picks I'd just like someone that can come in and contribute from Day 1. I don't mean to sound like I'm setting the bar low but Spielman was absolute garbage, Jefferson aside, since the Trae Waynes pick back in 2015.

Edited by VikeManDan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

March 29th in a big day, Purdue's pro day and I want to see Karlaftis run a 40.  

George Karlaftis

6-4 266
21 reps at 225
38" vertical
121 Broad jump
4.36 short shuttle
NA 40 yard dash

Boye Mafe

6-4 257
21 reps at 225
41.5" vertical
125 Broad jump
4.20 short shuttle
4.53 40 yard dash

Mafe is just as strong, has a better vertical, better broad jump and better short shuttle and my guess is a much better 40 time.  Also was a better player this past year that got more pressure on the QB and sacks, also had a great Senior bowl against top competition.  

Not sure George is worth a top 12 pick overall, and I still question his ability in a 3/4 when he is more a 4/3 DE.  If George is worth that high of a pick then Mafe is as well even though I do not have him as one either.  But fact is Mafe is possibly the better player and can bend the edge better and is more twitchy arguably.  George I thought disappointed this past year and did not live up to his ability and seemed a little different off that injury, and Travon Walker/Jermaine Johnson jumped him as prospect and so did Boye arguably.  

Also no way I take Wyatt or Karlaftis over Jordan Davis, I still say that dude is more conditioned now than he ever was on Georgia, that loss to Bama really made him change and who knows how great he could be with that new found explosiveness and stamina.  Something he did not always have on Georgia, but sure he will have to keep it up and continue that kind of preparation.  

I don’t agree with you on that. I’ve seen Karlaftis play and I’ve seen Mafe play. There is really no comparison. Karlaftis’ tape from the Notre Dame game alone is more impressive than Boye Mafe’s entire college career. Boye Mafe is very raw and it might take some time for him to even see the field. Also Boye Mafe doesn’t really play the run well. He seems like a 3rd down guy at the moment. I think he’s one of the players that if you watch his highlights you’d be amazed, but when you watch the entire game tape, there are a lot of reps that he doesn’t do much of anything to disrupt the play. Just watch Voch Lombardi break down Karlaftis and you’d understand why this guy is different. 

Edited by Purplepride323

27 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Kyle Hamilton at 12 is my surprise prediction right now. 

I would love this. Talent wise he's a top 3 player in the draft. I don't know if he'll make it past 7, though. The Giants desperately need help back there.

41 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Kyle Hamilton at 12 is my surprise prediction right now. 

Who do you have going 1-11? 

Washington NYJx2 NYGx2, ATL and Seattle I can see taking him 

Edited by viking

8 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

So I was thinking about Daxton Hill!....but as a cb, not a safety.  a lot of characteristics can translate to the boundary corner as well! Do you think if we stuck him as a boundary corner, he can still succeed?

I love Daxton Hill, heck I think the Vikings could toy with drafting him as the safety opposite Harrison Smith but yes I think he could play boundary corner also.  But is an above average safety in coverage and a great tackler with outstanding footwork.

He would be a great pickup, but I could see him drop and Green Bay steal him.  But yeah I would not be against drafting him and trying him out at corner and if that does not fit he could be a great safety with range and tackling ability inside and outside the box.  

• Like 1