2022 Draft Talk

swede700

The deeper we get into this the more I think we should go Matt Coral or somebody like Jordan Davis to sure up one of those 3-4 DE's. We can take a chance on secondary in the 2nd, may be use like a 5th or 6th to move up a couple spots. O-line is also a need but I kind of don't mind taking a couple late round stabs seeing what we have In Wyatt Davis and trying to sign a vet before the season. May be trade a late round pick like we did for Mason Cole. He was better than Bradbury.

What i don’t want us to do is reach for CB for the purpose of trying to fill a hole, if we don’t value that “3rd CB off the board). In that scenario, if they value Jordan Davis, to occupy multiple OL, allowing both DEs to be single covered, and to keep the entire DL fresh… I’m ok with that. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, viking said:

@OzzyI just saw this...

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1507326439762264069?t=BOLEqa7bYt6QzbIl5wIXkg&s=19

Jordan Davis number 1 out of 1378 DTs from 1987-2022 in the RAS score hmmmmmm

That is impressive but clearly the RAS scores are odd, if you are tall like Jordan Davis that score goes way up, happened with Jelani Woods as well and Spencer Brown last year.  Still impressive because with most of the drills it is harder to do it when you are so tall and long and moving that much mass that fast.   It is more impressive than a skinny guy doing it so there is that.  

Still think he is totally in play at 12, but maybe some guys drop if this odd QB hype continues and teams over draft the QBs even more dudes could fall so the Vikings could have plenty of options.  

Players and positions I would draft at 12:

qb - Malik Willis 

OL - Neal, Ekwonu

wr - Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams

edge - Hutchinson, thibs, Walker, jermaine Johnson 

cb - Gardner, Stingley (depends on health)

s - Hamilton 

that’s 11.5 guys, if the Vikings stick to my board, we’ll be golden!! 😁

Edited by battle2heaven
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think I’m gonna end up higher on Andrew Booth and Kair Elam than I will on either Stingley or McDuffie. 

The lack of work over the past 2 years is going to hurt Stingley, but if he clears medicals on most of the teams, he probably will still go higher than Booth...but I can see people considering Booth over McDuffie because of the height issue and whether they would strictly use him as a slot corner.

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The lack of work over the past 2 years is going to hurt Stingley, but if he clears medicals on most of the teams, he probably will still go higher than Booth...but I can see people considering Booth over McDuffie because of the height issue and whether they would strictly use him as a slot corner.

While I like Booth, it's not like he doesn't have his own injury issue for teams. Couldn't workout at the combine, ended up having core muscle surgery after; won't do any pro day workouts before the draft. 

On 3/26/2022 at 4:11 AM, CriminalMind said:

What i don’t want us to do is reach for CB for the purpose of trying to fill a hole, if we don’t value that “3rd CB off the board). In that scenario, if they value Jordan Davis, to occupy multiple OL, allowing both DEs to be single covered, and to keep the entire DL fresh… I’m ok with that. 

If there is a starting CB at 12, take him. They don't have close to enough there. A starter is worth 12. Unless you think there aren't three starting CBs on this draft...

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 7:14 PM, PrplChilPill said:

If there is a starting CB at 12, take him. They don't have close to enough there. A starter is worth 12. Unless you think there aren't three starting CBs on this draft...

Derek Stingley Jr. is that guy. I’m sure Jefferson would be jumping on the table to get him. People talk about him only playing in 10 games within the past two seasons but forget that Chase sat out an entire year and still tore up the league. It might actually work in our favor that he missed all that time because if he had stayed healthy and dominated this past year, there would be no chance that he falls out of the top 5. Now we have a chance to take him at 12, which would be a steal in my opinion. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I'm probably in the minority but I would take him at 12.

I'd be happy if we took Williams at 12. If he didn't tear his ACL he would be regarded as the WR1 in the class and a lock to be a top 10 pick IMO.