2022 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (Prospect Standouts):

Ozzy

30 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I hope, with your mock, that the Steelers hit the Oline heavy in Fa because otherwise it will be a failure.

I could maybe have them going OL earlier like in the 3rd and maybe getting Dare Rosenthal, Tyler Vrabel or Alec Lindstrom but CB is an issue as well, used to have them getting Marcus Jones in the 3rd which would be ideal but now have him going higher.

Still not sure they could pass on Pickett in the 1st or Travis Jones in the 2nd and they fill two huge needs.  But sure maybe they got OL in the 1st if they really like Rudolph that much.  They have a decent amount of cap room so I assume they would address the OL but maybe they want a cheap rookie.  Andrew Stueber I think would be a culture fit and he could play RT or OG and George Moore has upside and is a nice developmental tackle in the late rounds.  

They could lose Haden and Witherspoon in free agency so CB is a massive need also, granted neither one of them were great but still.  

Not sure in the 2nd them getting Thayer Munford, Sean Rhyan or Abraham Lucas is better than getting Travis Jones and greatly improving that run D.  But I guess if they think Alualu can come back off injury and be good he is back in 2022 so who knows.  

• Like 1

Pass on the QB in the first and it works out better.  Reports are now that they will pass on a 1st round QB in 2022 and look to 2023 but that could be more of a smoke screen.  Just sticking any QB behind that Oline with no effort made to improve it it would be bad if it were Rudolph but a disaster for a rookie.  I do like Travis Jones in the 2nd. and a safety and CB taken. but more developmental Oline is not needed unless they got a RT and RG via Fa.

30 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Pass on the QB in the first and it works out better.  Reports are now that they will pass on a 1st round QB in 2022 and look to 2023 but that could be more of a smoke screen.  Just sticking any QB behind that Oline with no effort made to improve it it would be bad if it were Rudolph but a disaster for a rookie.  I do like Travis Jones in the 2nd. and a safety and CB taken. but more developmental Oline is not needed unless they got a RT and RG via Fa.

True but if Pickett is there I would be shocked if they pass on him, granted some have Washington take him which I feel is crazy high.  Pickett is mobile and can run a bit, is tough, smart and could be a decent developmental QB and potential option if he beats out Rudolph.

Also heard about the Steelers getting Russell Wilson which I doubt could happen but would completely change everything.  Nuts Wilson's "base salary" for 2022 is only $19 mil wit ha $27 mil cap hit, compared to Kirk Cousins next year who gets $35 mil base salary with a cap hit of $45 mil.  

18 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Love it for the Bengals (and since you missed Kinnard in it ...I stopped looking in the fourth, you can conveniently slide him to us in the third since I caught it 🙂  ) 

Darian Kinnard? I had him go at number 33 to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

8 hours ago, TVScout said:

Cowboys vastly need a left guard more than a right tackle.

True but I view La'el Collins as more of a guard anyway so put him at LG and get a new RT is my thinking.  But sure they could draft Zion Johnson instead but I am not a huge fan of Collins at RT.  He has struggled at times has he not?  

I am sure they would love Penning who could be a monster OG or RT but most likely he is gone before they pick.  

Also how in the world are they going to sign their free agents, it could be a mess considering they are -$21 mil which is 3rd worst in the NFL in terms of cap space for 2022.  

Keanu Neal
Leighton Vander Esch
Randy Gregory
Cedrick Wilson
Carlos Watkins
Jayron Kearse
Michael Gallup
Dorance Armstrong
Dalton Schultz
Damontae Kazee
Connor Williams
Noah Brown
Brent Urban

Sure some of those guys are not a huge deal but Gregory is a massive part of that team, same with Wilson and Gallup and especially Kearse with how good he was last year and Armstrong was solid as a rusher and Schultz was their best TE.  Sure some of that could be filled in the draft but they better have an amazing draft, and not sure they could lose Kearse considering how good he played last year, same with Gregory.

Ozzy,

How would you contrast/compare Arnold Ebiketie and Boye Mafe Minnesota as EDGE prospects? Could you see a run on EDGE rushers in the mid to late first round? I could see both players being fitting a situational pass rusher role in a rotation for the Chiefs as a rookie before hopefully getting more base package snaps. Thoughts on their projection at the next level?

11 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Ozzy,

How would you contrast/compare Arnold Ebiketie and Boye Mafe Minnesota as EDGE prospects? Could you see a run on EDGE rushers in the mid to late first round? I could see both players being fitting a situational pass rusher role in a rotation for the Chiefs as a rookie before hopefully getting more base package snaps. Thoughts on their projection at the next level?

Mafe I think could sneak into the 1st round  and he is a great athlete but most likely will be picked early to mid 2nd but Ebiketie who was amazing during the season I see more as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  I have the Chiefs getting Travon Walker in the draft but granted if he works out well he could go a lot higher.  I also have them getting Tyree Johnson in the 3rd who would be a great pickup as well, provide much need speed off the edge and possibly could be like Dee Ford.  

They will have tons of opportunities to address the DL but yeah it should most likely be done in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round to get the best guys.

I see a run on OL in the mid to late 1st round for sure, and Chiefs might need one if they cannot sign Orlando Brown Jr.  I have them for sure getting DL and OL with the first three selections potentially.  

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Mafe I think could sneak into the 1st round  and he is a great athlete but most likely will be picked early to mid 2nd but Ebiketie who was amazing during the season I see more as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  I have the Chiefs getting Travon Walker in the draft but granted if he works out well he could go a lot higher.  I also have them getting Tyree Johnson in the 3rd who would be a great pickup as well, provide much need speed off the edge and possibly could be like Dee Ford.  

They will have tons of opportunities to address the DL but yeah it should most likely be done in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round to get the best guys.

I see a run on OL in the mid to late 1st round for sure, and Chiefs might need one if they cannot sign Orlando Brown Jr.  I have them for sure getting DL and OL with the first three selections potentially.  

Veach has been pretty transparent this offseason so far that he is very confident Brown will be with the Chiefs for the long haul. I think there is a good chance he gets franchised as a formality before the final deal is hammered out. My fear is that Veach signs Brown to a huge deal that resets the market for left tackles.

Veach has also made some statements that fortifying the defensive line is also a major priority this offseason...I can see him really focusing on EDGE both in free agency and the draft.

I have a feeling that Mathieu will likely not be back (or Sorenson for that matter), so what Veach does at the position considering the heavy use of 3 safeties in Spagnoulo's defensive scheme.

Veach has traditionally valued the CB position less than most other teams and seems content with drafting mid-round and looking for players cut by other teams that are pedigreed reclamation projects as low cost additions in free agency (ex. Mike Hughes and DeAndre Baker). I don't see Charvarius Ward returning to the Chiefs.

The Chiefs went after a couple of wide receivers last year when available such as JujJu and OBJ but came up short. I think they also showed interest in Reynolds before he signed with the Titans.

In FA, I could see them going after JuJu and Reynolds again while still drafting a prospect at the position.

1 hour ago, nicfre2011 said:

Veach has been pretty transparent this offseason so far that he is very confident Brown will be with the Chiefs for the long haul. I think there is a good chance he gets franchised as a formality before the final deal is hammered out. My fear is that Veach signs Brown to a huge deal that resets the market for left tackles.

Veach has also made some statements that fortifying the defensive line is also a major priority this offseason...I can see him really focusing on EDGE both in free agency and the draft.

I have a feeling that Mathieu will likely not be back (or Sorenson for that matter), so what Veach does at the position considering the heavy use of 3 safeties in Spagnoulo's defensive scheme.

Veach has traditionally valued the CB position less than most other teams and seems content with drafting mid-round and looking for players cut by other teams that are pedigreed reclamation projects as low cost additions in free agency (ex. Mike Hughes and DeAndre Baker). I don't see Charvarius Ward returning to the Chiefs.

The Chiefs went after a couple of wide receivers last year when available such as JujJu and OBJ but came up short. I think they also showed interest in Reynolds before he signed with the Titans.

In FA, I could see them going after JuJu and Reynolds again while still drafting a prospect at the position.

They have been lucky and or good at CB, with how good Ward has been not to mention Fenton and Sneed was a huge hit considering where they drafted him.  Hughes was great for them last year I thought, Baker not as much.  If Ward is gone that could be a big loss but maybe Fenton is ready to take over.  At safety if they lose Mathieu that would be huge and not sure they could replace a guy like that.  Sorenson is probably done for though he got beat a lot, Thornhill is ok and so is Watts

Will be interesting what they sign Brown Jr to, considering how well they develop OL I thought they would try and keep Mathieu and draft a LT/RT type.

Still they have a massive amount of quality free agents that they probably cannot sign and that is not even including Orlando Brown Jr.  So will be interesting what they do, possibly the Super Bowl window closed this past year but might never be the case having Mahomes at QB.

Mathieu
Reed
Ingram
Hitchens
Ward
Remmers
Nnadi
Hughes
Pringle
McKinnon
Sorenson
Blythe
Bell
Wylie
Watts
O'Daniel

If I was Orlando Brown Jr I would be pissed, has been a super high level player and has barely been paid anything over his four year career so far.  I would be super pissed about that.  Says he got around $3 mil last year but not sure if he got that from the Chiefs or the Ravens paid some of that.  Over his four year career has barely over $5 mil though

On 3/3/2022 at 6:16 AM, Ozzy said:

If I was Orlando Brown Jr I would be pissed, has been a super high level player and has barely been paid anything over his four year career so far.  I would be super pissed about that.  Says he got around $3 mil last year but not sure if he got that from the Chiefs or the Ravens paid some of that.  Over his four year career has barely over $5 mil though

Yeah it probably eats at him a little. But that’s the industry. One of the worst combine performances ever. Dropped him at least 32 slots.

But don’t worry, he’s about to get his. Sure he’ll get a top 5 contract at the position. Has the leverage. Chiefs will find a way to pay it imo.

• Like 1

This group of corners is historic, I cannot recall a time in the last 20 years with this many raw tall athletic corners in one draft.  All the guys below are 6-1 and above.  Usually there are one or two taller corners, to have three guys at the top all 6-2 and over that run 4.41, 4.26 and 4.33 respectively is insane.

Sauce Gardner 6-3 190: 4.41
Tariq Woolen 6-4 205: 4.26
Zyon McCollum 6-2 199: 4.33
Kaiir Elam 6-1 1/2 191: 4.39
Martin Emerson 6-2 201: NA
Jalyn Armour-Davis 6-1 197: 4.39
Joshua Williams 6-3 195: 4.53
Isaac Taylor-Stuart 6-1 1/2 201: 4.42
Akayleb Evans 6-2 197: 4.46
Jaylen Watson 6-2 197: 4.51

I did not have Woolen or McCollum on my radar before the combine but they are on there now, and I really like Joshua Williams as well physically.  Is a crazy tall and fast group of corners with a few hidden gems in there.  Emerson is damn good and Elam has 1st round potential and is well over 6-1 also.   

Will be interesting how it plays out, because Woolen and McCollum have extremely high potential at that size with their athletic ability.  

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

This group of corners is historic, I cannot recall a time in the last 20 years with this many raw tall athletic corners in one draft.  All the guys below are 6-1 and above.  Usually there are one or two taller corners, to have three guys at the top all 6-2 and over that run 4.41, 4.26 and 4.33 respectively is insane.

Sauce Gardner 6-3 190: 4.41
Tariq Woolen 6-4 205: 4.26
Zyon McCollum 6-2 199: 4.33
Kaiir Elam 6-1 1/2 191: 4.39
Martin Emerson 6-2 201: NA
Jalyn Armour-Davis 6-1 197: 4.39
Joshua Williams 6-3 195: 4.53
Isaac Taylor-Stuart 6-1 1/2 201: 4.42
Akayleb Evans 6-2 197: 4.46
Jaylen Watson 6-2 197: 4.51

I did not have Woolen or McCollum on my radar before the combine but they are on there now, and I really like Joshua Williams as well physically.  Is a crazy tall and fast group of corners with a few hidden gems in there.  Emerson is damn good and Elam has 1st round potential and is well over 6-1 also.   

Will be interesting how it plays out, because Woolen and McCollum have extremely high potential at that size with their athletic ability.  

Tell me about Armour-Davis...solid press-man developmental prospect?