The Probably Too Early Season Record Thread

Dbrog24

Now that the schedule for the year is out, I was looking to see a range of what our team could win this year. I know Stink on the radio was talking about the Broncos winning around 6 games again this year "because we are bottomfeeders now," but I'm a bit more optimistic than that. I'll go ahead and bold my choices for games that seem winnable and I'm glad our schedule is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than last year.

Week 1: Broncos at New York Giants (Sunday, Sept. 12, 2:25 p.m. MT, FOX)

Week 2: Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars (Sunday, Sept. 19, 11 a.m. MT, CBS)

Week 3: Broncos vs. New York Jets (Sunday, Sept. 26, 2:05 p.m. MT, CBS)

Week 4: Broncos vs. Baltimore Ravens (Sunday, Oct. 3, 2:25 p.m. MT, CBS)

Week 5: Broncos at Pittsburgh Steelers (Sunday, Oct. 10, 11 a.m. MT, FOX)

Week 6: Broncos vs. Las Vegas Raiders (Sunday, Oct. 17, 2:25 p.m. MT, CBS)

Week 7: Broncos at Cleveland Browns (Thursday, Oct. 21, 6:20 p.m. MT, FOX/NFL Network/Amazon)

Week 8: Broncos vs. Washington Football Team (Sunday, Oct. 31, 2:25 p.m. MT, FOX)

Week 9: Broncos at Dallas Cowboys (Sunday, Nov. 7, 11 a.m. MT, FOX)

Week 10: Broncos vs. Philadelphia Eagles (Sunday, Nov. 14, 2:25 p.m. MT, CBS)

Week 11: BYE WEEK

Week 12: Broncos vs. Los Angeles Chargers (Sunday, Nov. 28, 2:05 p.m. MT, CBS)

Week 13: Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs (Sunday, Dec. 5, 11 a.m. MT, CBS)

Week 14: Broncos vs. Detroit Lions (Sunday, Dec. 12, 2:05 p.m. MT, FOX)

Week 15: Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals (Sunday, Dec. 19, 2:05 p.m. MT, CBS)

Week 16: Broncos at Las Vegas Raiders (Sunday, Dec. 26, 2:25 p.m. MT, CBS)

Week 17: Broncos at Los Angeles Chargers (Sunday, Jan. 2, 2:05 p.m. MT, CBS)

Week 18: Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs (Sunday, Jan. 9, 2:25 p.m. MT, CBS)

That would put us at 11-6 and finally winning a game against the Chiefs after all these years (though I'm projecting it will be due to them resting most of their starters cause they have #1 seed locked up)! We almost always split with the Raiders and I see the Chargers at least taking 1 from us this year. Again, these projections are optimistic (and streaky!) but we truly are facing some historically awful teams this season so it gives us a chance. Now, unfortunately that would make us fools gold if we did get into the playoffs because we probably get smashed in round 1 by an actually good team. Anyway...I'd like to hear some thoughts from you guys of how this season could go.

Week 1: Broncos at New York Giants

Week 2: Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars 

Week 3: Broncos vs. New York Jets

Week 4: Broncos vs. Baltimore Ravens

Week 5: Broncos at Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 6: Broncos vs. Las Vegas Raiders

Week 7: Broncos at Cleveland Browns

Week 8: Broncos vs. Washington Football

Week 9: Broncos at Dallas Cowboys

Week 10: Broncos vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Week 12: Broncos vs. LA Chargers

Week 13: Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs

Week 14: Broncos vs. Detroit Lions

Week 15: Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals

Week 16: Broncos at Las Vegas Raiders

Week 17: Broncos at LA Chargers

Week 18: Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs

10-7

• Like 1

This isn't an especially tough schedule on paper, but that doesn't really mean much. That said, if we can't finish above .500 with this schedule, it's time to clean house completely. 

My guess is that we end 10-6, especially with a stronger defense and hopefully improved 2nd year play at QB, plus fewer injuries.

• Like 1

I see 6 games where if you don’t win it’s an absolute joke, which feels like a lot. I see about six other games that are very winnable. The Ravens and KC games (and they might rest guys in Week 18) are the only ones I think we’re just outclassed. Maybe Cleveland, I think they can be scored on but the Thursday night primetime set up is rough for us.

I don’t think you could ask for a better set up to be honest. If this team finishes worse than 10-7, I’d consider that a big disappointment.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

This isn't an especially tough schedule on paper, but that doesn't really mean much. That said, if we can't finish above .500 with this schedule, it's time to clean house completely. 

My guess is that we end 10-6, especially with a stronger defense and hopefully improved 2nd year play at QB, plus fewer injuries.

11-6 or 10-7?

2 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

Week 1: Broncos at New York Giants

Week 2: Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars 

Week 3: Broncos vs. New York Jets

Week 4: Broncos vs. Baltimore Ravens

Week 5: Broncos at Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 6: Broncos vs. Las Vegas Raiders

Week 7: Broncos at Cleveland Browns

Week 8: Broncos vs. Washington Football

Week 9: Broncos at Dallas Cowboys

Week 10: Broncos vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Week 12: Broncos vs. LA Chargers

Week 13: Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs

Week 14: Broncos vs. Detroit Lions

Week 15: Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals

Week 16: Broncos at Las Vegas Raiders

Week 17: Broncos at LA Chargers

Week 18: Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs

10-7

This is super fair just about spit on with me. I can see 11-6 if all things break right. 

You can’t project records without specifying who you think the QB will be. 

Best case scenario - we get Aaron without surrendering a key player and  a few premium picks. 14-3

Case 2 - we get Aaron but give up premium picks and a key player or two. 13-4

Case 3 - we don’t get Aaron but we keep Drew, he makes a jump, and we improve markedly. 10-7

Case 4 - we don’t get Aaron but we start Drew who makes a jump but not a big one but we roll with him for the year long as he is healthy 8-9 

Case 5 - Drew is the Drew from last year, Vic/Shurmur play it safe and start Teddy who is his regular vanilla self. We are competitive but anything but dynamic: 7-10

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

17 games feels so wrong 

The agenda is so obvious. It’s gonna be 18 games soon. It’s a shockingly clever psychological tactic, much easier to sell players on going from 17 to 18 than it would be to go directly from 16 to 18, which nobody was going for. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The agenda is so obvious. It’s gonna be 18 games soon. It’s a shockingly clever psychological tactic, much easier to sell players on going from 17 to 18 than it would be to go directly from 16 to 18, which nobody was going for. 

I wish they would've stayed with 16 games, but added in an additional bye week.  Still gives the NFL18 total weeks of viewing during the regular season and keeps guys fresher

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

2 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

I wish they would've stayed with 16 games, but added in an additional bye week.  Still gives the NFL18 total weeks of viewing during the regular season and keeps guys fresher

The NFLPA agreeing to a CBA that didn’t lock in 16 games without their approval is just another sign of how ineffectual the NFLPA is.  

It’s almost a given at this stage that the endgame will be 18 game regular season, 2 bye weeks and 2 preseason games (as the calendar for actual games and when players have to be with team is collectively agreed to, extending that time would have to be mutually agreed upon - so shortening the preaseon is the go-to move.   

Before ppl cite losing stadium revenue - TV was 60 percent of league revenue before the massive 2022 new deal increases.   It’s likely going to be 75-80 percent by then.     It’s not hard to see why the league would shorten the preseason.