2021 Roster Injury Tracker

DreamKid

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeahhhh sorry but I'm gonna keep posting this until something I said actually doesn't turn out to be completely 100% true.

2/2 so far with Villanueva being bad and Stanley being injured. I expect to be 3/3 soon once Zeitler's consistent losses at the LOS become more evident with more game film. Guy wasn't good last year for NYG.

Any of the "Our OL is actually going to be better in 2021, I'm not worried" truthers wanna backtrack yet? I'll give you one chance. Don't be stubborn @diamondbull424 @baltimoreRebel

Edit: TL;WR
1. I’m not backtracking because the IOL still seems better than last year and Lamar historically struggles more with bad IOL play than with a bad edge protection.

2. I expect the OL to improve with more time to gel, similar to last season.. and also similar to 2018 when Lamar took over.

3. Also because the assets most likely to make a difference went towards draft values that are hard to be against.

Nope. Because again, I’m not seeing any solutions, just problem presenting. Who would you replace asset wise?

- Rashod Bateman, who many felt could’ve been a top 15-20 pick at WR? Just imagine if he were healthy and added to the promise we saw from the other WRs, could we not have a viable passing attack with his inclusion?

- Odafe Oweh, the guy who was a terror against the Raiders at edge and is the first legit impact edge talent we’ve had since a young Suggs?

Again, I’ve felt the OL will be fine along the IOL, stronger than last year. I’ve stated that Lamar can “endure” edge pressure far more than interior pressure. The results were a Lamar AY/A of 8.50, which is still 2019 levels of efficiency.

So do I want Lamar pressure to the tune of 56% of dropbacks, as he was? Absolutely not.

Yet just as we made moves in 2020 to improve the weak spots of our OL, we will make moves to do so in 2021, I’m sure. Again though, if/when our OT play improves our IOL has far more experience, talent, and depth to it… meaning Lamar can feel more confident to step INTO the pocket vs scrambling outside.

The early results are that the problems along the OL were:
- Injured Stanley
- Tyre Phillips (IR)
- Alejandro Villanueva

- Stanley will by all accounts likely be shutdown now until he looks closer to his normal level of health- meaning he shouldn’t be a turnstile when he does come back (hopefully).

- Phillips going down is unfortunate for him, but is sort of a Tony Jefferson situation, where the team will almost certainly benefit from improved performance now that the politics of the depth chart is no longer the case.

- AV now back to his “normal” position, could potentially show some level of improvement. Whether marginal or not, it’ll be hard for him to do worse than against the Raiders from here on out.
—————
Replacements:

- Patrick Mekari will likely move into the RT role. In 2020 he delivered in that average to above average capacity based on the metrics and what I remember of him when lined up there. Thus I’d expect him to be an improvement over AV’s Raider debut.

- Ben Powers already delivered legit improvement over what Phillips showed us prior to him going down. Ben Cleveland is our depth. Bredeson being traded however certainly reduced what I anticipated the strength of our depth to look like this season.
————

So I’m not defending EDC for his approach with the OL with some of his moves, such as trading Bredeson, going FB over OL, drafting Bredeson (guard exclusive) in the first place, etc.

However I also know that early last season, Phillips performed WORSE than AV (scoring in the low 30s by PFF as opposed to low 40s) and Brown Jr and Stanley were performing below standard with 50 and 60 type grades. Brown Jr eventually improved and Stanley was improving until he eventually went down.

So the way I see it, with all the new pieces of the OL and all the injuries that forced guys in/out of the lineup, I expect progression from the OL moving forward- just as we saw last season. With all the injuries you might as well say the OL was under COVID-19 type protocols, considering how little time they had to gel.

So again, just as I don’t think the 1st practice is enough to judge the OL by, I don’t think 1 game is enough to judge their annual performance by.

I stated that I think the 2021 OL is setup to potentially be better for Lamar than the 2020 unit, specifically because of the IOL talent and depth… the first game has not shown that to be false. So it’s a situation worth monitoring. If the IOL can perform at a consistently average to above average level, I feel confident Lamar can deliver the ball in a more reliable fashion over last season. In the first game they did that and Lamar for all the pressure, thrived as a passer.

Am I concerned with the OL, absolutely. But I’m not willing to backtrack because it’s hard to say I regret either draft selection and at the time of signing AV was seemingly the best/most logic choice towards addressing the OT situation (though hindsight logic we could’ve waited and Moses would’ve fallen into our laps).

Edited by diamondbull424

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

AV going back to LT might actually be a blessing in disguise:

1. It's his natural position so there's no way he can be worse there
  2. He won't have to face TJ Watt now, he'll just have to face Myles Garrett

Also Lamar is better scrambling to his right side than his left side. So as long as he can feel the pressure from AVs direction and the new RT play is reliable, Lamar should be able to move north/south and East at a reliable enough rate to make plays.

Though we’ll see.

I will say that the biggest surprise I had in all this is the Ronnie Stanley situation. Typically the organization doesn’t rush players back from situations and clearly they rushed Stanley back when he wasn’t ready to go.

I assumed that if Stanley was playing it meant that he would’ve been roughly 80% of himself, which was CLEARLY not the case. All involved parties within the organization definitely dropped the ball with that decision.

If Stanley doesn’t play and we have someone else manning the RT spot, I feel pretty confident we get the W there (unless that someone was Tyre Phillips, who has certified himself as trash after his performance against the Raiders in addition to his rookie season).

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yup. It's been a while since we've had a season where we weren't really good, and honestly, it's just the nature of the NFL. It's very hard to have 4,5,6 years in a row where you're constantly good. Every team every few years has a season where they get injuries, or underperform, etc. Just kinda part of the NFL cycle and looks like we're at the "wonky bad season" spot that everyone gets every few years.

It's not like before where we're looking off the edge of a cliff either. This team could miss the playoffs this year and then push for a perfect season next year once back at full strength. This is a really strong roster being dragged down by injuries and one true weak spot(Tackle).

- Regardless of what happens, I think all of these injuries get Roman another year automatically. 

- We'll still be good enough to cause trouble. No Top 10 Pick, as RR mentioned. Playoffs aren't even out of the question, but a title(by all appearances) is.

- The Ravens will be contenders for years under Lamar, so the young guys will be fine, but I feel for a guy like Calais Campbell who came here for a final shot at a championship.

We should hope for no more injuries to core pieces, progression from our younger players, and for anger to build in a young squad who sees teams trying to disrespect them when they're down. 2022 Ravens Revenge Tour. Come back pissed off fellas. 

• Like 2

It's funny watching all the grave dancing going on right now, and the chest pounding takes regarding our trade of Orlando Brown. Seeing people attack us for the trade like we just decided to up and trade OBJ out of the blue. The retard demanded a trade. He didn't want to be here and would of held out until we moved him.

Trading Orlando was 100% the right move. Players that don't want to be here- shouldn't be. What we do deserve heat for is the neglect at the Tackle position after moving Brown. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeahhhh sorry but I'm gonna keep posting this until something I said actually doesn't turn out to be completely 100% true.

2/2 so far with Villanueva being bad and Stanley being injured. I expect to be 3/3 soon once Zeitler's consistent losses at the LOS become more evident with more game film. Guy wasn't good last year for NYG.

Any of the "Our OL is actually going to be better in 2021, I'm not worried" truthers wanna backtrack yet? I'll give you one chance. Don't be stubborn @diamondbull424 @baltimoreRebel

Imagine being this petty. 

Was I wrong that the offensive line would be improved. Yes. 

Do you feel validated now?