2021 Roster Injury Tracker

DreamKid

DeShon Elliot is a fun young player with a decent ceiling and possibly the best hit stick in the league, but he's definitely a glass cannon. Just can't get any sort of year to year consistency going. 3/4 of his U25 Seasons have ended with him on IR. It's not any chronic issues at one spot either, his injuries have varied. 

Strong bet is he'll be back here next year on a really cheap prove it deal. Hope he has a speedy and successful recovery.

Edit:

Bicep tear definitely occurs beforehand and he re engages to try and tackle with the injury. Never dealt with something like that, but have to imagine it isn't fun. Tough kid.

Edited by DreamKid
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Derek Wolfe shut down for the season. Yikes.

we need a youth revitalization on the defensive line BADLY. 

Welp, there goes that hope. Pray whatever back ailment is hindering him isn't something career ending.

Either way, between this and the UFAs we have coming up this offseason, I think we're going to see a very different defensive line in 2022 than what we've been used to for the past few years.

I get the feeling that Derek Wolfe took one look at what he was being paid this season after no team met what he felt he’d be paid and said… “yeah, my back hurts.”

Maybe I shouldn’t accuse him of such, but he’s getting up there in age and SA sacrificing your body for a good payday likely makes sense, but doing it for less than you want? Might not have been incentive enough to motivate his maximum efforts.

Just seems weird that this all of a sudden popped up and then he was never able to make it back. And backs are notorious for being the “I’m faking it injury.” He doesn’t seem like the type, but I also don’t know him personally either.

Edited by diamondbull424

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I get the feeling that Derek Wolfe took one look at what he was being paid this season after no team met what he felt he’d be paid and said… “yeah, my back hurts.”

Maybe I shouldn’t accuse him of such, but he’s getting up there in age and SA sacrificing your body for a good payday likely makes sense, but doing it for less than you want? Might not have been incentive enough to motivate his maximum efforts.

Just seems weird that this all of a sudden popped up and then he was never able to make it back. And backs are notorious for being the “I’m faking it injury.” He doesn’t seem like the type, but I also don’t know him personally either.

Only reason I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt is his injury history and the effort he showed last year when we were missing everyone on the D-Line.

From this article (https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-derek-wolfe-tavon-young-20211115-5g5yjk2qx5axnhx5i236vewpry-story.html😞

Wolfe suffered a bruised spinal cord in 2013 and underwent neck surgery in 2018, which he called “life-changing.” Asked whether Wolfe’s absence was related to his back injury, Harbaugh said: “I’m not in a place to detail all that out.”

• Like 1

19 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Ehhh. Backs can be notoriously lingering. Feels good one day, try to do something, locks up and feels like crap the next. Wouldn’t be surprised if he has some sort of a disc injury and is reluctant to get surgery.

• 2 weeks later...