2021 Roster Injury Tracker

DreamKid

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

Maybe I remember his tenure differently then. He definitely played well at RT on our Super Bowl run. 

This is a quote from Oher after the 2012 run:

"I prefer playing right tackle," Oher said. "I've flip-flopped back and forth ever since I got here and played both sides, but I think right tackle is my best position. I think I'm better over there and the team is better with me over there."

He played where we told him to play, and did the best he could. He was a pretty tough player so I would not count him as a diva like some of the others. 

Yeah it was mostly after that year. Remember the whole "Oher getting put on skates by a DB" thing? That was right at the height of that whole debacle.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah it was mostly after that year. Remember the whole "Oher getting put on skates by a DB" thing? That was right at the height of that whole debacle.

Maybe he was confused at first because they wrote a book and made a movie about him protecting "the blindside" 

Stanley isn't going anywhere until 2024, at the earliest. Which if he's healthy, is fine. He's a Top 5 OT in the league. 

We still should pick at least  two offensive tackles in the draft though. The majority of our 2022 picks should be spent on OL. 

OL, CB, DI - That will probably be our focus. 

22 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

And what about Stanley's contract? Assuming he's healthy, I don't think we can/should get rid of him while his value is probably at an all-time low.

First round OT could play RT if Stanley is back in time. Regardless we need a serious influx of young talent there and after the first few rounds OT dries up significantly every year.

14 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

First round OT could play RT if Stanley is back in time. Regardless we need a serious influx of young talent there and after the first few rounds OT dries up significantly every year.

Personally, I feel like Mekari has done a great job filling in at RT. Assuming we can re-sign him for cheap, feel that's a better option than investing a first round pick on a RT. I agree we do need better depth at the tackles, but that's what I believe a developmental tackle is for, and I feel we could certainly find one given the vast amount of mid round picks we have next year.

7 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Personally, I feel like Mekari has done a great job filling in at RT. Assuming we can re-sign him for cheap, feel that's a better option than investing a first round pick on a RT. I agree we do need better depth at the tackles, but that's what I believe a developmental tackle is for, and I feel we could certainly find one given the vast amount of mid round picks we have next year.

I could see that. I'm just not willing to trust 100% that both Stanley is coming back ready to go and Mekari continues to play at this level. It's possible but I think it'd be foolish to count on that. I think OT is - along with LB - one of the weakest parts of our team. I'd like to see them address it with a high pick.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I could see that. I'm just not willing to trust 100% that both Stanley is coming back ready to go and Mekari continues to play at this level. It's possible but I think it'd be foolish to count on that. I think OT is - along with LB - one of the weakest parts of our team. I'd like to see them address it with a high pick.

I remember when he looked good at center for a significant stretch (better than Skura) and that devolved to awful over time. I'd sign Mekari to a utility contract like we had James Hurst back in the day. He has value and will likely be needed to play somewhere, but I wouldn't consider him a strong locked in solution at any position.

• Like 1