2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

19 hours ago, brownie man said:

Man the more I think about it as we prepare for these championship games

No one mentions Tyreek's situation coming about with domestic abuse

No one mentions Joe Mixon's abuse situation with the woman

we all forget about it. We move on mentally. 

I'm warming up to the Deshaun Watson move more every day. I'm not saying any of their actions are more or less worth than the other, but in general our ability to move past situations and totally forget about them gives credence to thinking getting Watson is the best move for our franchise. 

It'd be a tough year maybe two, but if he doesn't have anymore issues I could see it being similar to these two situations. Idk 

What you have got to think about is a lot of the players are dads of daughters and what that does to a locker room bringing him in.

We also have ladies on the staff. If we think we can do it without it being a issue then fine, but this all needs addressed 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, brownie man said:

Man the more I think about it as we prepare for these championship games

No one mentions Tyreek's situation coming about with domestic abuse

No one mentions Joe Mixon's abuse situation with the woman

we all forget about it. We move on mentally. 

I'm warming up to the Deshaun Watson move more every day. I'm not saying any of their actions are more or less worth than the other, but in general our ability to move past situations and totally forget about them gives credence to thinking getting Watson is the best move for our franchise. 

It'd be a tough year maybe two, but if he doesn't have anymore issues I could see it being similar to these two situations. Idk 

What are you warming up to?  You admittedly don’t even know what tf he did lol.

I’m glad you’re coming to grips with…. something.

Please stop this clown show charade and just nut up and bang the table for Deshaun Watson tbh.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What are you warming up to?  You admittedly don’t even know what tf he did lol.

I’m glad you’re coming to grips with…. something.

Please stop this clown show charade and just nut up and bang the table for Deshaun Watson tbh.

It sounds like the Texan organization knew about and organized bang tables for DeShaun Watson. They just failed to organize it with the massage therapists.

On 1/28/2022 at 10:31 PM, JDD said:

I hope he goes 4-13.  You know like he did his last year starting. 

If this was a BS rumor I could understand your argument.  You know like 1 woman says it but makes no sense then 3 more say it’s true with zero proof. But this could be going to trial. So I don’t think he is going to get out of this with, oh it’s no big deal.  Also no one brings up those guys? Yes they do.  They just don’t on the broadcast.  Are either of them the face of their franchise? Nope. 

I said it once and I’ll say it again, I’d be out as a fan unless he is innocent of the charges. Not that others haven’t done bad things.  But this one just seems pretty bad. If you can justify it that’s fine.  Lots of people do it. 

Do you care that theres video of Kareem Hunt kicking a woman on the ground? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I do, but he also doesn't have dozens of civil and possibly some criminal cases upcoming. Hunt was lucky he had people there to keep that situation from being worse. It doesn't make it better but she wasn't innocent in it either unlike Watson's accusers.

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

I agree with what happened to him (released and suspended) and also the fact the incident was reviewed by the police and no charges were filled after the video was released. 

Are you good with what he is accused of and rolling the dice to hope it’s not true? This isn’t an argument of innocent until proven guilty, it’s do you build your football team around him with all this going on?

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

Yes. I also care inasmuch proportionately about a single isolated incident vs a pattern of predatory and sociopathic behavior over time

45 minutes ago, JDD said:

I agree with what happened to him (released and suspended) and also the fact the incident was reviewed by the police and no charges were filled after the video was released. 

Are you good with what he is accused of and rolling the dice to hope it’s not true? This isn’t an argument of innocent until proven guilty, it’s do you build your football team around him with all this going on?

My argument is that fans always care when the players aren't on their team but stop caring when the player *is* on their team. Even rape and murder is fine as long as the players get away with it like Ray Lewis and Big Ben. 

Sports fans in general never change loyalties over things like this but I've seen fans echo sentiments like this all the time when its convenient and easy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yes. I also care inasmuch proportionately about a single isolated incident vs a pattern of predatory and sociopathic behavior over time

Isolated incident?

You should check Hunt's history if you believe that he has only had one instance of trouble.  I mean...unless you are saying he only kicked one woman.

Pretty sure he punched a guy in the face at Put n Bay, after another time he had laid the boots to some dude in an incident in KC

Got caught speeding with marijuana in his car

Could of sworn there was something else out there about violence towards a girlfriend.....but anyways

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Isolated incident?

You should check Hunt's history if you believe that he has only had one instance of trouble.  I mean...unless you are saying he only kicked one woman.

Pretty sure he punched a guy in the face at Put n Bay, after another time he had laid the boots to some dude in an incident in KC

Got caught speeding with marijuana in his car

Could of sworn there was something else out there about violence towards a girlfriend.....but anyways

I’m speaking only of DV, not his extensive past. Would you feel differently if 25 women came forward that they were kicked? I would.

1 hour ago, JDD said:

So to be clear...once Watson has dealt with the legal issues, and is imposed a jail time/fine/suspension, or whatever...that will satisfy you enough to welcome him on your football team?  As you were ok with Hunt dealing with his legal issues, and then accepting him on your team?

10 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

My argument is that fans always care when the players aren't on their team but stop caring when the player *is* on their team. Even rape and murder is fine as long as the players get away with it like Ray Lewis and Big Ben. 

Sports fans in general never change loyalties over things like this but I've seen fans echo sentiments like this all the time when its convenient and easy. 

Naturally there will be some of that. We are programmed that way so we don't self destruct. You'll try to reason and validate your own flaws while you judge others based only on the incident. If we were as harsh on ourselves as we are towards others we couldn't live with ourselves.

In general anyway. We're all different but the majority seem to see things that way. Same goes with your team. You have to figure out a way that it isn't that bad so you can continue to root for them. It's easier to avoid signing Watson and having to put yourself in that situation. If he was already a Brown you'd have to figure it out in your head. Most complaints were just "minor" there are only a couple that were actually sexual assault.

Steelers had Ben. Ravens had Lewis. Bengals had the gang rapists. That proves we aren't worse than others because we traded for a sexual deviant.