2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

The biggest mistake of the year was playing the corpse of Baker Mayfield. He regressed as a passer from a fundamentals perspective. 

So a long with rehabbing his shoulder he has to rehab his mechanics. 

We sold out the future for the now. 

Also Baker is driven by his image and his will want to rehab that too.

We need a new wr room, and that is a thing that takes time to develop.

I am not optimistic about his play in 22, even if the plan is for him to start.

I hope we dont lose this front office, and the coaching staff and the team in the process of Baker crashing and burning  if that is what happens.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Browns fans who wanted OBJ out and want us to roll the dice on Baker Mayfield, while also being Baker Mayfield apologists, are nothing short of delusional.

You posted this out of nowhere, calling anyone who supports our QB delusional. You pretty much made it OBJ vs Mayfield and then later claimed not to be on board with OBJ so you can have no fault in anything.

I have no idea what the Michael Thomas rumors are, I hadn't heard them or ever considered the idea of trading for him.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:
On 1/27/2022 at 5:37 AM, MWil23 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick? You’ve jumped the shark. 

Look at this guy saying we should replace Baker with anyone.

On 1/27/2022 at 8:26 AM, MWil23 said:

I mean, let's be honest about a few things here:

1. We already picked up Baker's 5th year option. Unless we can massively upgrade (and we can't through the draft IMO), he's our 2022 starter and should be.

Look at this guy bashing Baker with an agenda

Let's hope that his absolutely awful 2021 was due primarily to injury.

Look at this guy not giving him the benefit of the doubt and continuing his agenda

I still maintain that he's in the "average" tier, and let's just hope he can find his 2020 form.

Look at this guy bashing Baker and saying that we should replace him with a Day 3 Pick while refusing to acknowledge his 2020 season.

Expecting him to fix ALL of his footwork, ability under pressure, and reading defenses is a pipedream at this point...but if he can at least limit turnovers and do better in 2 of those above 3, this team will be a playoff contender.

Look at this guy assuming that he can't improve and saying that he'd suck no matter what.

2. The only viable other option(s) would be to trade for an ELITE QB. If that's Watson, I'm out for a while; he's a dealbreaker personally for me. That means I'd kick the can on Cousins if the price isn't too steep (draft wise), Rodgers, or Wilson via a trade, especially if the alternative means they'd end up in Pittsburgh.

Look at this guy saying that we should only upgrade if we can make an elite play that would involve only 3 potential players.

To be blunt, with the rise of Burrow and IF Jackson returns to his MVP caliber self, we are in trouble without a QB upgrade.

Having the 3rd best QB in the division is a concern if he doesn't improve is as close to "hating" as I've done

3. Either way, this is the year to re-sign Clowney and Ward, clear some cap space/cut the deadweight with a very solid 2022 roster and a war chest for 2023 to make a major move for a QB, whether that's via a trade up for a rookie pick or a massive package for some other guy.

Look at this guy assuming Baker is/should be our 2022 starting QB. What an agenda driven hater.

Lateral moves or major steps backwards like Ryan Fitzpatrick, a reclamation project like Trubisky, Rosen, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Jacoby Brissett, or Teddy Bridgewater is absolutely asinine.

Look at this guy naming a bunch of names he'd rather not have over Baker Mayfield while criticizing the 3 posters who said they'd rather have them than Baker. What a hater.

I never said you were an idiot. I know you are playing a role for whatever purpose much like scrabble does but you also hedge your bets.

Baker was really bad at times this year including most games down the stretch. No need for me to keep saying it over and over it's as true the first time as the hundredth.

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

But I'm glad you took time off of your 2 year hiatus to come here and say that. Hopefully it was cathartic. 

I am honored you took the time to look at how long it has been since I posted last.  If still doesn’t change the fact that almost every post in this thread is the same thing.  Baker is bad, if you disagree with me you are dumb.  

Just now, Wolfhunt said:

I am honored you took the time to look at how long it has been since I posted last.  If still doesn’t change the fact that almost every post in this thread is the same thing.  Baker is bad, if you disagree with me you are dumb.  

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:
10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Browns fans who wanted OBJ out and want us to roll the dice on Michael Thomas, while also being Baker Mayfield apologists, are nothing short of delusional.

This is what I thought I said and meant to say.

25 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

We need Antonio Brown. He could have five solid seasons here, a career resurgence. Think about it.

Good idea. We should also relocate to San Antonio and then we would be the San Antonio Browns.

Or just change the name of Cleveland to Antonio, we would be like San Antonio sans the San.