2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

What should we do?

In my opinion you got 3 options. 

1. Trade down and pickup a 2023 first rounder to give you move ammo to trade up for a top QB

2. Somehow trade for Russel

3. And this is the worst case, but something we have to consider is Deshaun. I have no idea about his situation, his character or whatever and I don’t wanna get into that convo, but that would be the 3rd option. 

That’s all you can do. And if you don’t want any of those options you have to fully devote this off-season to the offense. Use each of your first 4 picks on offense. Give him every possible amount of help you can give him while also setting up the offense for your potential next guy. 

that’s all you can do 

31 minutes ago, brownie man said:

3. And this is the worst case, but something we have to consider is Deshaun. I have no idea about his situation, his character or whatever and I don’t wanna get into that convo, but that would be the 3rd option. 

Lol “I don’t know what’s going on and I don’t want to discuss”.

This some elite stuff here.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, brownie man said:

1. Trade down and pickup a 2023 first rounder to give you move ammo to trade up for a top QB

That’s all you can do. And if you don’t want any of those options you have to fully devote this off-season to the offense. Use each of your first 4 picks on offense. Give him every possible amount of help you can give him while also setting up the offense for your potential next guy. 

that’s all you can do 

sign Chark

trade down draft Jameson

draft ross

trade up draft Bernhard Rainmann

Brandon Smith linebacker psu.

Phidarian mathis. Dt tackle

then Blitz more on defense

Kansas city is beatable so are Cincinnati look for Buffalo to take a step back 

Just remember the full effect of Mahomes and Allens contract go into effect next year.

Edited by mtmmike
Left out

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

that’s all you can do 

The Deshaun thing I would rather due death by a dull deer antler.

the reason I went offense is because I can get a top ten wide receiver in the upper teens or lower 20s.

you add him plus proven 1000 plus yard wr in his mid 20 for 10 million

you have made a huge jump.

2nd point this team put 40 on Pittsburgh the Steelers defense is light years ahead of KC.

Just a friendly thought.Monday Quarantine GIF by The Office

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Zach Harrison lb Osu

He’s returning for his senior season.

In b4 the coaching staff parades him out there, talks about his workout warrior ways, and then says "This is his breakout year" for a 3rd consecutive season. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In b4 the coaching staff parades him out there, talks about his workout warrior ways, and then says "This is his breakout year" for a 3rd consecutive season. 

His expectations were so high. I think he was supposed to be better than Young which is just not fair.  I think he has been good, not amazing like we all wanted. 

Just now, JDD said:

His expectations were so high. I think he was supposed to be better than Young which is just not fair.  I think he has been good, not amazing like we all wanted. 

I get it to a point, but I watched him for 2 years now not only struggle to rush the passer, but even worse, get bullied at the point of attack despite playing next to multiple capable interior defenders in Garrett and Togiai on the inside. Tyreke Smith is unquestionably worse, but Harrison really is still raw despite having arguably the best DL coach in the nation.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I get it to a point, but I watched him for 2 years now not only struggle to rush the passer, but even worse, get bullied at the point of attack despite playing next to multiple capable interior defenders in Garrett and Togiai on the inside. Tyreke Smith is unquestionably worse, but Harrison really is still raw despite having arguably the best DL coach in the nation.

Oh I think if you would have said this is how he would be playing not many would have believed that. Hell after his spot starting for Chase Young as a Freshman I thought he was the next top 3 pick. I'd say he is starter material at this point, good player but not great. But he could get outplayed pretty easily too if someone on takes that next step over the offseason. 

He is workout warrior and would test well at the combine if he left last year. Maybe he thinks he can take the next step this year?? 

Edited by JDD

26 minutes ago, JDD said:

Oh I think if you would have said this is how he would be playing not many would have believed that. Hell after his spot starting for Chase Young as a Freshman I thought he was the next top 3 pick. I'd say he is starter material at this point, good player but not great. But he could get outplayed pretty easily too if someone on takes that next step over the offseason. 

He is workout warrior and would test well at the combine if he left last year. Maybe he thinks he can take the next step this year?? 

If he puts it all together in 2022, all hating aside, he will test so well at the combine he's going to be a Top 10 pick. The film just isn't there yet, but if he went pro based upon workout numbers alone he's a 2nd day pick.

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If he puts it all together in 2022, all hating aside, he will test so well at the combine he's going to be a Top 10 pick. The film just isn't there yet, but if he went pro based upon workout numbers alone he's a 2nd day pick.

I honestly wonder how well he tests?

If he tests as well as we think he will, he’s probably a top 50 pick right now.  Why go back?  

I guess he could want OT’s graduate or improve, but realistically he’s got a long way to go to be a top 10 pick.

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I honestly wonder how well he tests?

If he tests as well as we think he will, he’s probably a top 50 pick right now.  Why go back?  

I guess he could want OT’s graduate or improve, but realistically he’s got a long way to go to be a top 10 pick.

Maybe he gets that he doesn't have the production and thinks he can tear it up in 2022. Plus, who knows how much he loves OSU and wants to get rid of this year's past disappointment? There are a lot of potential factors.

I'm not saying that vaulting his draft stock is even THE reason, but it could have a nice byproduct for him if he does.

• Like 1