2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

Pro-Mayfield or not, there are some things that are clear.....

He has lacked consistency, which should be alarming to even the biggest Mayfield "homers"

He is a clear upgrade over ANYTHING we have seen at that position in a long time, even for the biggest "haters"

Barring a clear upgrade, there really isn't a reason to move on from him next year.  Even if you think you are delaying the inevitable, you aren't doing yourself any favors by making a lateral move, or worse!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

He has lacked consistency, which should be alarming to even the biggest Mayfield "homers"

He is a clear upgrade over ANYTHING we have seen at that position in a long time, even for the biggest "haters"

Barring a clear upgrade, there really isn't a reason to move on from him next year.  Even if you think you are delaying the inevitable, you aren't doing yourself any favors by making a lateral move, or worse!

For sure.

Deciding he’s not the next Mahomes or Brady is one thing.  Finding someone who’s better is another.  You move on from Baker when you figure out the latter, not the former.

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Spot on. That's the limbo we're going to have to get used to for the next season. Let's hope the doubting is fuel to the chip on his shoulder, and we surround him with the resources and game plans to maximize what we have in him.

3 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Spot on. That's the limbo we're going to have to get used to for the next season. Let's hope the doubting is fuel to the chip on his shoulder, and we surround him with the resources and game plans to maximize what we have in him.

I wish there was more debate going on

About Conklin

Dpj,landry,and Higgins that group was horrible by 1980 standardsSpeak Up GIF by INTO ACTION

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

I think his dismal performance in the clutch should sound as loud an alarm.

Which is more of a recent thing. His rookie year he won 7 games (technically 6 but why wouldn't you credit him with the Jets win) and 4 of the wins were via a game winning drive. He had 2 in 2020 without really a chance to add to that. He got us the lead against Baltimore but Lamar cleaned himself up and won it. That "fumble" against the Jets that Hunt recovered for a 1st but ended up being a TO finished that game. He did have a chance to take the lead vs KC in the playoffs but that wasn't our final drive.

2019 was a mess.

2021 he was bad at it. He was also sacked on every important 3rd and 4th and long. Partly his fault but he was put in a bad position with 5 wide and often a blitzer that came free really quickly without a dump off option.

I think I know what bothers me about Aaron Rodgers game - He’s too risk adverse. You see it every game.

He refuses to trust anybody not named Davante Adams or Aaron Jones. He’s too obsessed with keeping his interceptions down. It kind of reminds me of how Lebron used to play for the Cavs.

You can get away with that in the regular season, but not the playoffs.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think I know what bothers me about Aaron Rodgers game - He’s too risk adverse. You see it every game.

He refuses to trust anybody not named Davante Adams or Aaron Jones. He’s too obsessed with keeping his interceptions down. It kind of reminds me of how Lebron used to play for the Cavs.

You can get away with that in the regular season, but not the playoffs.

He would really hate it here then since none of our WRs can be trusted to actually catch the ball.

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Watching the 49ers and Jimmy G just reaffirms what I’ve felt about Baker in a weird way.

You can absolutely make it to a Super Bowl with him as your QB if your defense is good enough. We’ve gotta also fix special teams though.

I mean, counterpoint:

See Ryan Tannehill and how his defense dominated and he cost them the game.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:32 AM, big poppa pump said:

Just playing devils advocate…

we’re going to use it against him that he hasn’t been consistent and that should be alarming…

so he has to be more consistent than the inconsistency that has been around him?

How many QBs have been able to survive 3-4HC (some ppl love to include Gregg Williams )changes and a FO turnover? Baker was about to see his first bit of consistency from the franchise, he looked pretty darn good the first 2 games and he tears his shoulder up and a few games later Watt breaks his shoulder…