2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

Just now, pscottdai said:

And again, where has he  stated he is not going to try and do so...he asked to be moved. As any sane person should do. If they so n o then fine, go out and play. If they do then  great.

If that’s the plan, why make it public?  It’s not about wanting a fresh start, it’s about “punching back” on social media and public perception 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If that’s the plan, why make it public?  It’s not about wanting a fresh start, it’s about “punching back” on social media and public perception 

There is no telling who made it public, from everything I have seen so far it is "sources" saying they asked for it. No where have I seen him come out and say he asked for it. Unless I missed a post from him asking for it, then I stand corrected and apologize. 

EDIT - and I apologize. I just read an ESPN article where he supposedly told them that. 

Edited by pscottdai

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, this is literally the same type of asinine “browns are gonna be the browns” stuff we’ve seen his whole tenure as owner.

Are all these guys idiots?  Or is there one idiot at the top who doesn’t know when to let others do their job?

I mean....how do you think the conversation went?  Did Jimmy say go get Watson, and if not...figure it out!  Even if Jimmy dropped it on their lap at the last minute, they had to formulate a plan on the fly....

There has been just as much chatter (if not more) of there being a rift between Stefanski and Baker, than there was about Jimmy inserting himself to go get Watson.

9 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

There is no telling who made it public, from everything I have seen so far it is "sources" saying they asked for it. No where have I seen him come out and say he asked for it. Unless I missed a post from him asking for it, then I stand corrected and apologize. 

A good perspective from a former player

bad language warning 

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I mean....how do you think the conversation went?  Did Jimmy say go get Watson, and if not...figure it out!  Even if Jimmy dropped it on their lap at the last minute, they had to formulate a plan on the fly....

I think he said I want Watson, let’s go get him. Maybe the homeless guy recommended it?

Just like he told Farmer when we drafted JFF.  

Exactly like that situation that’s already happened involving this same dude.

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

There has been just as much chatter (if not more) of there being a rift between Stefanski and Baker, than there was about Jimmy inserting himself to go get Watson.

Ive had rifts with my wife too.  We’re still married.  Rifts and tossing a nuke into a situation are two different things.

If the nerds wanted him gone I’d have expected them just to trade him and move on. They clearly don’t it would seem.  This looks like a half wit idea presented by an imbecile.

And I know if just such and imbecile in the organization.

If Baker stays I imagine that he will play as well as he can, he wants to be a top tier qb.

If he plays really well, he will get tagged. 

I doubt he plays through injury though. 

Coaching will have less leverage over his play, he will audible more I'm guessing and throw the way he wants too. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ive had rifts with my wife too.  We’re still married.  Rifts and tossing a nuke into a situation are two different things.

If the nerds wanted him gone I’d have expected them just to trade him and move on. They clearly don’t it would seem.  This looks like a half wit idea presented by an imbecile.

Clearly not Cowherds burner account.

Wife farts bad divorce. 

Wife gets a new hobby divorce. 

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think he said I want Watson, let’s go get him. Maybe the homeless guy recommended it?

Just like he told Farmer when we drafted JFF.  

Exactly like that situation that’s already happened involving this same dude.

And some rifts are irreparable.  It's easy to speculate, and if it makes you feel good to blame the idiot owner...cool

I legit think this is the most embarrassed I've ever felt of this franchise. And I feel like I've been here for over 10 years. I don't even want to look at the real #. I'm actually going to cancel my 20 year season tickets if baker is still slated as our starter next Friday. I'll still watch and care, but they will have lost me in the big picture. 

I take it Haslam was told by Berry that their evaluation of Baker was that he's not the guy. It's the only reason they felt it ok to go so public on Watson. That "adult" comment just reveals there's at least one exec/coach that blames Baker for squandering a great window and is especially bitter.

Browns FO know they're a good QB away from competing but the good young QB's won't be available until 2023. So I think a part of this is to just slush their way through 2022 and reload. Haslam would be on board as long as it actually nets them their franchise guy in a year's time.

Meantime they'll try to be competitive with a left field guy/game manager this season. If he's younger and they get lucky they might have found their guy, if not they could be in a better position to draft a QB.

So... it's a mini-rebuild.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

No more drafting big personalities 

Our fanbase is full of *** who don’t understand that QBs need to be adults. Not overly emotional college frat boys.

They didn’t learn from Manziel and they didn’t learn from Baker.

I don't really see Baker as a big personality. Nothing like Manziel. He is pretty direct and straight forward with his answers that sensitive people may have an issue with but he isn't out there partying or creating drama. 

We were going after Watson...drama. Aaron Rodgers...drama. Tom Brady...drama. Big Ben...drama.

If you want a QB who creates less drama than Baker (there is drama around his name but that's media and fans) then you get to choose from about 10% of the QB pool in any particular draft.

I wouldn't change who I drafted because fans are emotional and sensitive. 

Winning cures everything...oh wait. I guess it didn't. 

If we’re doing a mini rebuild it’s kinda smart. I feel bad for Chubb, but everybody else has a lot of time.

Looking at the AFC, we cannot compete with those teams who have franchise QBs. Then you have potential threats in Mac Jones and Trevor Lawrence.