2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I didnt read them all, I'll defer to your judgment in that case.

Yeah, it's pretty oof. He was alleged by pretty much every woman to having a bipolar kinda uber-friendliness and then pushiness about it (i.e. coercion/intimidation), with the common behavior being getting nude even though told not to, moving so his unit would brush against their arm/hand over and over. He would at some point address what was going on, be fully hard and would actually..."finish". One woman allegedly went further--3rd base--after lots of pressure and alleged witnesses said she had PTSD from it. Who knows what's true and what's not, but man the allegations are gross. So there you go. Enjoy your throw-football-good-guy.

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, it's pretty oof. He was alleged by pretty much every woman to having a bipolar kinda uber-friendliness and then pushiness about it (i.e. coercion/intimidation), with the common behavior being getting nude even though told not to, moving so his unit would brush against their arm/hand over and over. He would at some point address what was going on, be fully hard and would actually..."finish". One woman allegedly went further--3rd base--after lots of pressure and alleged witnesses said she had PTSD from it. Who knows what's true and what's not, but man the allegations are gross. So there you go. Enjoy your throw-football-good-guy.

Sigh. 

Wanna get a cheesecake sometime? 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Sigh. 

Wanna get a cheesecake sometime? 

Give me *cheesecake all day over *hurting women.

*assuming both allegations true

Both bad looks but one would have gotten a regular guy jail time and a sex offender registry for life. Apples and oranges.

Yeah I read the transcripts also and pretty clearly there was a pattern of very similar behavior that would make you think he has an issue and these are not just money grabs. He’s a creep. The 3rd base one, that one struck me as a willing participant although I’m not exonerating him there, I don’t doubt that there was a bit of coercion. It just wasn’t physically a forceful situation and a rational person wouldn’t have gone there. 

Tldr Watson likes to get naked and make people touch and play with his man part. Accidentallyonpurpose. #faceofthefranchise

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

I thought after a few days I would be less annoyed by this whole situation but I’m actually more agitated. It’s appalling that ownership/front office went this route. It’s indefensible and the organization has entirely lost any credibility as far as any semblance of values. I understand that somebody is itching to argue that a lot of these players are not good people, etc. Again, there is a huge difference between these unknown circumstances and a very public situation where you are endorsing a guy as your franchise savior who you are selling out for. It’s just gross and I do feel like taint is going to be attached to our success with him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I thought after a few days I would be less annoyed by this whole situation but I’m actually more agitated. It’s appalling that ownership/front office went this route. It’s indefensible and the organization has entirely lost any credibility as far as any semblance of values. I understand that somebody is itching to argue that a lot of these players are not good people, etc. Again, there is a huge difference between these unknown circumstances and a very public situation where you are endorsing a guy as your franchise savior who you are selling out for. It’s just gross and I do feel like taint is going to be attached to our success with him. 

Not saying it’s right, but people will “forget” in about 2 years like they did with Ben.

We have shorter memories as a society. You guys will watch multiple games this year. You will click on articles, listen to podcasts and watch bad pundit shows. If you get the chance to go to a game you will go.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Not saying it’s right, but people will “forget” in about 2 years like they did with Ben.

We have shorter memories as a society. You guys will watch multiple games this year. You will click on articles, listen to podcasts and watch bad pundit shows. If you get the chance to go to a game you will go.

As long as he doesnt keep doing it people will sorta forget

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I agree, it's disturbing and gross and I'm still mentally grappling with it. I have to say, though, that our organization lost that credibility about any kind of values soon after Haslam took over and had himself and his whole business under FBI investigation for cheating truck drivers trying to put food on their families tables out of rebates so him and his execs could add more millions to their heaping stacks. Slime rolls downhill, and the guy at the top oozes it.

Edited by dawgdish
  • Like 4

Just now, dawgdish said:

I agree, it's disturbing and gross and I'm still mentally grappling with it. I have to say, though, that our organization lost that credibility about any kind of values soon after Haslam took over and had himself and his whole business under FBI investigation for cheating truck drivers trying to put food on their families tables out of rebates so him and his execs could as more millions to their heaping stacks. Slime rolls downhill, and the guy at the top oozes it.

Agreed completely, and it has become apparent we have reached the point of no return under him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Agreed completely, and it has become apparent we have reached the point of no return under him.

Yeah, between Haslem and Watson while idolizing Jim Brown and employing Hunt--the Browns have really turned into something else.

Instead of being the lovable underdogs, they have now turned into public enemy #1. Probably worse than the NE Patriots did for all of their spygate/delategate stuff.

I think Kay Adams said it best when she said I dont like when teams give us a reason to NOT root for them. Its becoming increasingly more difficult to morally grasp this and it feels like your stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think Kay Adams said it best when she said I dont like when teams give us a reason to NOT root for them. Its becoming increasingly more difficult to morally grasp this and it feels like your stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Did you enjoy being patronized as a loveable loser?

The media is going to do whatever the media wants, but don’t act like they had genuine goodwill built towards the Browns.

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Did you enjoy being patronized as a loveable loser?

The media is going to do whatever the media wants, but don’t act like they had genuine goodwill built towards the Browns.

I would rather be the lovable loser than the real life Mean Machine that makes me question my own dignity for supporting them

• Like 2

Fans and the media have been talking ish about this organization for years.  I can’t even pretend to care what the media has to say about this.

Most of them will use any situation to their own benefit regardless of the morality or how it impacts the subjects, so, yeah, don’t give af.

• Like 3