2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If you’re Detroit and Cleveland offers to pay a good chunk of Bakers salary, why wouldn’t you give it a shot?

Let Goff and Baker compete.

Fwiw I've been spamming the Lions forum about this and it's about 50-50 split amongst the fans.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

That certainly would be entertaining.

Do you think Dorsey is still committed to Mayfield?

I think so.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Good thing for us!

Also, that he no longer is us.

Now that the dust has settled, Dorsey was an excellent GM IMO. He made one big mistake and that was Kitchens. Baker could have worked out here and the nerds would have drafted Darnold tHe aNaLittiX wEt dReAm. 

Picked Ward over Bradley Chubb and was right.

Passed on Barkley #1 to grab Nick Chubb round 2 and was right.

Drafted Corbett and has been memed over it. It ended up just taking Corbett a few years. He's been pretty good and just got another solid contract. It was a decent pick but just didn't work out here. 

Meanwhile until this past year the nerds (Sashi, Berry) have drafted garbage with good draft capital. Njoku...Peppers...

Their best move was buying a 2nd rounder for Brock. Color me skeptical that this is all gonna work out, as well as their yes-man. But last year looked pretty good for the draft so hope it works out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Now that the dust has settled, Dorsey was an excellent GM IMO. He made one big mistake and that was Kitchens. Baker could have worked out here and the nerds would have drafted Darnold tHe aNaLittiX wEt dReAm. 

Picked Ward over Bradley Chubb and was right.

Passed on Barkley #1 to grab Nick Chubb round 2 and was right.

Drafted Corbett and has been memed over it. It ended up just taking Corbett a few years. He's been pretty good and just got another solid contract. It was a decent pick but just didn't work out here. 

Meanwhile until this past year the nerds (Sashi, Berry) have drafted garbage with good draft capital. Njoku...Peppers...

Their best move was buying a 2nd rounder for Brock. Color me skeptical that this is all gonna work out, as well as their yes-man. But last year looked pretty good for the draft so hope it works out.

In terms of drafting and acquiring players, Dorsey was a very good GM, and just what we needed at the time. Biggest misstep on that front was OBJ, but that's hindsight second guessing. He's miles better than those that came before him at GM in that department. Jury is still out on AB, though, and I think he's shown some real promise to be as good in the early rounds as Dorsey. There are other factors than just personnel in being a good GM, and I think in those areas AB is probably a bit more well-rounded than Dorse the Horse (since he learned at the feet of Sashi, who had no business near personnel but was good in those areas).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Dorsey was an arrogant dude who couldn’t effectively work with or listen to others. That’s why he didn’t work here.

Dorset was fired because he chose kitchens over Ariens.

That is what happens when your ego overrides your brain.

You also did not mention the geeks paying 20 million for a 800 yard receivers 

Missing on Perryman and DeSean

Jackson to help a young qb. 

To say nothing off paying deshean more then Mahomes. 

59 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We went from “moar receptions then TO and Christ Carter” to “a 800 yard receiver” in 4 months? 

Lol life comes at ya fast.

Talking about cooper 

But this buds for you my friend 

The scary thing is there trying to bring him back.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We went from “moar receptions then TO and Christ Carter” to “a 800 yard receiver” in 4 months? 

Lol life comes at ya fast.

Very interesting 

Can you imagine though these 2 points

Landry thinking he is worth 20 million now.

Obj he could have got 15 million

And pared Von Miller with clowney

And myles because he thought he would make more in La as a 4th receiver. 

Those types of smarts can not be accounted for.

23 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Fwiw I've been spamming the Lions forum about this and it's about 50-50 split amongst the fans.

I think so.

Excellent thought

1st point if either wins the job you maybe able to trade them for more

Then what you paid

• Like 1