2021 Green Bay Offensive Line

Refugee

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I thought Meyers was just fine at C.  No botched snaps.  I don't recall any major protection issues from him.  

PFF had Myers in the bottom 5 on offense with a 48.1. Two pressures and the 2nd worst run blocking grade behind Newman. 

Considering his long layoff and average performance pre- and now post-injury, there might be some debate among the staff about whether he should be the starter for the playoffs. 

Just listened to MLF's presser.  Confirm that he was very positive about Patrick in one question, kind of gushing about his key block in the Deguara TD; then when later asked about starting or depth, he stated that Patrick would be one of the 5.  

He was asked about Myers, and noted that Myers situation is quite different from Bakhti's, but he kind of acknowledged that Myers didn't play as well as Bakhti.  

We'll see what they decide.  But for now it would seem it's kinda Myers versus Newman, and Patrick will start at the position of whichever of those two doesn't start.  

17 minutes ago, craig said:

Just listened to MLF's presser.  Confirm that he was very positive about Patrick in one question, kind of gushing about his key block in the Deguara TD; then when later asked about starting or depth, he stated that Patrick would be one of the 5.  

He was asked about Myers, and noted that Myers situation is quite different from Bakhti's, but he kind of acknowledged that Myers didn't play as well as Bakhti.  

We'll see what they decide.  But for now it would seem it's kinda Myers versus Newman, and Patrick will start at the position of whichever of those two doesn't start.  

Sorry to point this out but who would expect a rookie center coming off of an injury and missing what, 8 games to be close to the best LT in the league? I know Bak was out a year, but he knows how to play in the NFL so the comparison seems unfair to the rookie. 

3 hours ago, Les Punting said:

PFF had Myers in the bottom 5 on offense with a 48.1. Two pressures and the 2nd worst run blocking grade behind Newman. 

Considering his long layoff and average performance pre- and now post-injury, there might be some debate among the staff about whether he should be the starter for the playoffs. 

Did you watch it yourself? I am not going to deny their numbers.  But what did you think?

Like I said, I think he was just fine.  And just from the little that I saw, I would prefer Meyers-Patrick to Patrick-Newman in the playoffs.  I very well could be wrong, and the staff will keep Patrick at C.  

Myers is starting. There's zero doubt. Absolutely settled.

On the Rodgers sack where Kelly goes to the outside Patrick follows a guy inside, which would be Dillons pick up. Kelly has the outermost rusher. Patrick should be picking up the guy that Kelly is passing off.  Unless Dillon missed the line call on the motion in. (which looks entirely possible as Dillon is trying to communicate with Rodgers up until the snap). First guess would be Patricks gotta take the guy. Solid blitz though.