2021 Green Bay Offensive Line

Refugee

Arthur, not to interfere in what's not my discussion.  But I think both of you guys have been correct. 

• You said it was probably an MCL, not an ACL.  You are correct.
  • Incog said that ACL is not disproven by a walking-off rather than cart.  Incog is correct.  He never said it was an ACL; only that Turner's capacity to walk off wasn't proof that it might not still be an ACL.  

Either way, I'm super happy that it is NOT an ACL.  And that hopefully Turner will be able to come back, and help this fun season to extend as long as possible, and to finish as happily as possible! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

No, you're trying to pivot to something else so you don't look wrong for saying it was an ACL because he was pissed off lol

No. I literally called you out (along with several others after me) for your claim that it couldn't have been an ACL because he wasn't carted off.

That's it. It's that simple.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

LaFleur said last nights game was Royce Newman's best of the year.  He also said Royce has not missed a snap this year.  He hasn't been great by any means, but he's been a huge value.

Still hopeful (and expectant) that he continues to improve and turns into the next staple on the IOL going forward. 

Jenkins/Myers/Newman for several years together would be cool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

LaFleur said last nights game was Royce Newman's best of the year.  He also said Royce has not missed a snap this year.  He hasn't been great by any means, but he's been a huge value.

I was skeptical of the pick and that we decided to start him over LP but am very happy he’s been getting experience and seems to be improving. Can’t knock a rookie who has been starting all year on the line and hasn’t been horrible. The trouble is, he’s been playing with more and more depth as the injuries pile up. Hope Kelly as his right hand man steps up. 

Yeah, MLF didn't really say much about Turner.  Other than that he "hopes" his season isn't done.  He certainly didn't use any verbage to suggest is was week-to-week, or anything.   

I've thought that Newman has been doing pretty well lately, including last night.  Seemed like when there was penetration, is tended to be more Runyan or Patrick than Newman.  (But, I don't know the details of what the defense was doing, either.). 

On 12/13/2021 at 8:37 AM, Packerraymond said:

I'm hoping for MCL here, back by Detroit game.

They know if its an ACL tear... before the player even leaves the field.

They'll often wait on a full diagnosis until they see the scans - so they can find out if other tendons, structures are involved. But the season-ending ACL tear is easily diagnosed without any scans

We could teach you this technique in about 15 minutes- and then you'd able to diagnose ACL's on the spot too

"Multiple studies have shown that the Lachman test is the most sensitive and specific in the diagnosis of acute ACL tears, and generally superior to both the anterior drawer test and the pivot shift test."

The video below shows all 3 techniques, but  the Lachman is considered the gold standard

https://youtu.be/vEQw-G1Vr18

Fingers crossed, hopefully he is ready for playoffs along with Bakh and Myers.

If Packers expect Turner to miss 3 games or more, then we should see them put him on the IR, because they can just bring him back when he's healthy and use the roster spot for a healthy body in the mean time.

So if he's not on the IR by gameday that means either they're unsure but expect it might be less than 3 weeks or they're sure of it. Not to say they can't be wrong... but with the new IR rules that's the biggest key to seeing what a team thinks of an injury that they're not talking about publicly.

• 4 weeks later...

So, we’re getting guys back and the reinforcement couldn’t have come too soon. We were getting down to our 5th options at T.  The most recent starting alignment:

69 76 71 62 79

I believe turner will start at RT on a few weeks and Bak takes over at LT.  Nijman looked solid again out there and supposedly they started 69 because they didn’t want him to get through warms ups, sit, then have to warm up again. In the end, the all pro gets the nod.  Nijman and Kelly are great insurance and now have the reps to build on.  

The real question is do we keep the rookie at C?  Can’t say he looked great after the long layoff but I haven’t rewatched anything. LP has done an admirable job but is not spectacular there and I like his fight at G. 

Aaron talked about using today and the coming practices to determine the best 5. I’m just excited to have most of the band back together and solid depth. Of course, we are still minus Jenkins who would have pushed this line into the top tier. Let’s get ready to rumble!