2021 Green Bay Offensive Line

Refugee

I live in Minnesota, so couldn't watch the game. 

• How did Bakhti look? 
  • Refugee, thanks for your note that Myers didn't look great..  Any other impressions from you other scouts out there?  
  • How did Patrick at RG look?  My amateur inclination would be to go with Newman for the playoffs.  My unconfident rationale is that he's a quicker, more athletic pass-blocker, IMO, and against playoff defenses that's important.  

4 minutes ago, craig said:

• How did Bakhti look? 
  • Refugee, thanks for your note that Myers didn't look great..  Any other impressions from you other scouts out there?  
  • How did Patrick at RG look?  My amateur inclination would be to go with Newman for the playoffs.  My unconfident rationale is that he's a quicker, more athletic pass-blocker, IMO, and against playoff defenses that's important.  

Bakhtiari looked good, very good.  He apparently was winded and took himself out of the game.  Probably not out of line to think Nijman may play some as Bakhtiari works his way back.

I thought Meyers was just fine at C.  No botched snaps.  I don't recall any major protection issues from him.  

I also think that the line looked better with Meyers-Patrick than it did Patrick-Newman.  The Patrick, Kelly combo gave up a sack, but I think most of the blame is with Kelly on that one, and Rodgers probably needs to get rid of the ball as much or more than Patrick was at fault on the play.

Guess at the playoff line:

Bakhtiari-Runyan-Meyers-Patrick-Turner

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Bakhtiari looked good, very good.  He apparently was winded and took himself out of the game.  Probably not out of line to think Nijman may play some as Bakhtiari works his way back.

I thought Meyers was just fine at C.  No botched snaps.  I don't recall any major protection issues from him.  

I also think that the line looked better with Meyers-Patrick than it did Patrick-Newman.  The Patrick, Kelly combo gave up a sack, but I think most of the blame is with Kelly on that one, and Rodgers probably needs to get rid of the ball as much or more than Patrick was at fault on the play.

Guess at the playoff line:

Bakhtiari-Runyan-Meyers-Patrick-Turner

I saw Patrick looking like he was on skates a few times at guard.  

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I might go into the playoffs with:

Bakh - Runyan - Myers - Turner - Kelly

Kelly has been damn good, get another vet on the line. Newman, Patrick, Nijman. That's some damn solid depth. 

I like it. I fear SF and TB the most because of their defensive lines, and they are the two I think we are most likely playing. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Kelly has been damn good, get another vet on the line. Newman, Patrick, Nijman. That's some damn solid depth. 

Frankly, this was my five at the beginning of the season once they added Kelly (Jenkins for Runyan of course). However, the Packers seem intent on keeping Turner at OT. If not this, I like the lineup yesterday of: 

Bakh - Runyan - Myers - Patrick - Turner

If this team only had Jenkins to go with Runyan and Myers on the inside right now....

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Has he? That's good to hear. The more the merrier.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I like it. I fear SF and TB the most because of their defensive lines, and they are the two I think we are most likely playing. 

Agreed :( Plus they can both run the ball and we're  not elite in that department

Edited by James Lofton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, craig said:

• How did Bakhti look? 

Bak got some work, even after the game 12 said there might have been some play calls for pass even when Det was going light at the line. They wanted to get Dave some action on the edge. Overall, he seemed like he was ready. Playoffs will be a different kind of test  

I didn’t focus enough on Myers to get a real impression. He didn’t do anything to stand out, which is usually what you want in a center. I’ll rewatch the first half to see how he looked in the run game and on any pulls etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I saw Patrick looking like he was on skates a few times at guard.  

Back in September, MLF chose Newman ahead of Patrick to start at RG.  

I think I'd make that same call now.  

Am I the only guy on the board who likes Newman ahead of Patrick for RG? 

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I like having a vet next to Myers, but you think Turner is good enough at G to make it worth it?  He's such a good athlete and he plays with intensity, but I've never felt he could really move bodies and he can play too far over his feet which worries me trying to reach the second level at speed.  Feel like you'd see a higher degree of whiff blocks downfield from him, but honestly that may just be a false mental image of him on my part.  I can't say I've watched enough of him to really be confident in any opinion of his game.