Bears OTA 2

WindyCity

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Nagy was pissed.  I would be too.  

Super Flaky. 

Obviously you can’t do anything with Hicks now.

Fine him and prepare to move on I guess. 

They get a ton of cap space back at a position they have been good at addressing.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Super Flaky. 

Obviously you can’t do anything with Hicks now.

Fine him and prepare to move on I guess. 

They get a ton of cap space back at a position they have been good at addressing.

He just got a new deal.  He chose to opt out.

No reason for him to be missing.  He better be in shape.  

If Eddie Goldman retires the Bears would have cap hits of

21: 3.3
22: 3.3

They would save

21: 4.5
22: 8.5
23: 11.4

They could also go after the 6.6 million in signing bonus that hit the cap in 21 and 22 but I have no idea how long it would take to get it.

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

I’ll just say that if Biggs is accurately representing the Bears’ perspective… that’s an extremely disappointing outlook. The feeling I got was that they don’t want to pay him, their decision isn’t affected by having a young QB, and they see Mooney as a suitable replacement. Yikes.

I believe his Keenan Allen comparison is pretty accurate and pretty straight forward but his numbers are wrong.  He's guaranteed $26.5 mil at signing and $43 mil total based on his 2022 salary becoming fully guaranteed 3/21/2021 which it did.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/keenan-allen-12357/

To be honest I don't know what Pace/Laine wouldn't agree to a deal like Allen's.  He's essentially gtd $43 mil which pays out before the end of year three.  That's only $14.3 mil per year which is about what ARob's original 3 year deal paid him.

With Allen's 2021 salary fully guaranteed his cash out over three years is $48.8 mil/16.3 mil per year.  That's less than the $17.9 mil ARob is getting on his tag.

Allen's cap numbers ran from $10.35 mil/2020 to $15.7 mil/2021 to $19.2 mil/2022.  His cap jumps to $21.7 mil in 2023 but the Chargers can release him and save $16-$19 mil in cap.

So is it the amount or the structure which would also allow the Bears to move on from ARob after 3 years at age 30?

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Oh, good lord. Gibberish on top of hogwash. 

Fields CAN'T win the job, no matter what? Pure bull****. 

Because Andy Reid/Mahomes, I guess. 

What a complete moron. I mean...we can't escape it anymore, can we? Who the the hell comes out and says that there is no way Fields will show better than Dalton?

It's idiocy. They may want to pretend it's a KC situation...but it ain't. 

My apologies, @dll2000...it does appear Nagy has lost what little sense he has left. 

It's unfortunate. But maybe it means the Nagy era will end soon. Which, given everything, is probably good. 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Eddie Goldman is an unexcused absence.

No showing the first mandatory team activity after sitting out a season is super fishy.

I am not sure we should be relying on Eddie to show up in the fall no matter what Nagy says.

Interesting but let's not get carried away until we have more info.  Do we even know why he's a no show?

Has Goldman told them he won't be attending mini-camp?  Has he told them he plans to retire?

Edited by soulman

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

We'll sees ya when we sees ya. Have a good trip, dude. 

Thanks brother.  Always good to get away for a bit especially now when we're hitting 100 degrees daily.  It's 6:30 PM now and it's still 97 degrees.

11 minutes ago, soulman said:

Interesting but let's not get carried away until we have more info.  Do we even know why he's a no show?

Has Goldman told them he won't be attending mini-camp?  Has he told them he plans to retire?

He was an unexcused absence.

You have to prepare for him not to be around. This is unreliable behaviour after missing an entire season.

I am sure they are preparing for it Halas Hall.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Oh, good lord. Gibberish on top of hogwash. 

Fields CAN'T win the job, no matter what? Pure bull****. 

Because Andy Reid/Mahomes, I guess. 

What a complete moron. I mean...we can't escape it anymore, can we? Who the the hell comes out and says that there is no way Fields will show better than Dalton?

It's idiocy. They may want to pretend it's a KC situation...but it ain't. 

My apologies, @dll2000...it does appear Nagy has lost what little sense he has left. 

It's unfortunate. But maybe it means the Nagy era will end soon. Which, given everything, is probably good. 

It's not as big a deal as you're making it out to be, man.

Fields was never going to start Week 1, I've been saying that since the moment we drafted him.

They want to ease him into the role, and I am completely fine with it.