Around the Division

onejayhawk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Carr can look so good then at the last minute throws into triple coverage 3 yards short of the goal line 

It makes you wonder what competent coaching would have yielded. 

You have to admire the team's grit and determination. They could have folded midseason, then they were almost dead against the Chargers. In this one, it looked over midway in the 4th quarter. 

J

42 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

It makes you wonder what competent coaching would have yielded. 

You have to admire the team's grit and determination. They could have folded midseason, then they were almost dead against the Chargers. In this one, it looked over midway in the 4th quarter. 

J

I mean they were a TD away from OT, but the Bengals got ref help again

18 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Carr can look so good then at the last minute throws into triple coverage 3 yards short of the goal line 

I am far from a Carr defender, the dude consistently comes up short, but that play call at the end was absolute trash. Ran curl flats with Renfrow and Waller running flat routes like 5 - 10 yards short of the end zone. Wasn't even really a read to be had there. You're either throwing to a curl at the goal line to Zay Jones or Bryan Edwards in double to triple coverage, or dumping it off to Refnrow or Waller and hoping they can dodge two tacklers. Was a horrendous call for the situation.

22 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I am far from a Carr defender, the dude consistently comes up short, but that play call at the end was absolute trash. Ran curl flats with Renfrow and Waller running flat routes like 5 - 10 yards short of the end zone. Wasn't even really a read to be had there. You're either throwing to a curl at the goal line to Zay Jones or Bryan Edwards in double to triple coverage, or dumping it off to Refnrow or Waller and hoping they can dodge two tacklers. Was a horrendous call for the situation.

Yeah but if a QB extends the play when the playcall isnt good guys will move to get open. See: Mahomes or even Joe Burrow for great examples of this

Carr cant do that, certainly not with any consistency. Hes got an internal clock, and will dump it off seemingly regardless of the situation. Hes basically a better version of Alex Smith without the running ability, he lives and dies by the playcall. Must be frustrating for Raiders fans as it was for us

Edited by Chiefer

• 1 month later...

The rest of the division is cranking up the heat. Denver acquires Russell Wilson and the Chargers add Khalil Mack to Joey Bosa and Jerry Tillery. Here are a couple of articles about where the division stands.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/3/11/22972240/rockys-world-the-afc-west-is-challenging-the-chiefs-supremacy
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/russell-wilson-khalil-mack-trades-afc-west-chiefs/hp7lhqhmejupdx4t8hv1axhb

Edited by onejayhawk

I think we really need to decide what we’re going to do with Clark.  I don’t know if we’re waiting on legal stuff, or what the scoop is.  Honestly the only way I’d keep him is if we’re saving more than if we cut him, and he agreed to legal stipulations.  Combine that with the Hill extension and the obvious yearly rework of PM2 and CJ and we should have money to move.

Everyone else is gunning for our spot, we can’t stand by…