MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Of course Brady's completion % is better. His WR's get open more often and more quickly than ours do. Even Jimmy G was able to complete 68% of his passes in that O. Do you think Brady would have the same stats running the Eagles O? I sure as hell don't. He'd be getting sacked left and right before our WR's could finish their double moves.

He is getting sacked left and right.... his line isn't good this year. Also Brady's WR's have been in and out of the line up all year. Jimmy played six quarters....

Wentz would struggle more in New England. He gets more help in Philly

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

He is getting sacked left and right.... his line isn't good this year. Also Brady's WR's have been in and out of the line up all year. Jimmy played six quarters....

Wentz would struggle more in New England. He gets more help in Philly

Yea, I'm sure Wentz would suck with BB as his coach, throwing to terrible WR's like Brandin Cooks, and putrid TE's like Gronk, and those RB's who suck at catching like Dion and White. Patriots wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Brady is widening the gap with each game, as he's being forced to carry the offense while Wentz really has just needed to deliver on 3rd downs. It's still close enough that 1 week could change it, but as of now, Brady is the more valuable player and having the slightly better season. The statistical gap is pretty damning outside of TDs, and I don't put that much stock into pass TDs by themselves. What really matters is whether the team is finishing drives in the end zone (and with that usually pass TDs follow), and both have been doing so at a high level.

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Yea, I'm sure Wentz would suck with BB as his coach, throwing to terrible WR's like Brandin Cooks, and putrid TE's like Gronk, and those RB's who suck at catching like Dion and White. Patriots wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Lewis isn't a good receiving back at all. White is good for drops. Cooks and Gronk are lights out. 

He's dancing around the pocket like a ballerina though, as we have turnstiles for tackles. I'd take Ertz over our 2nd and 3rd TE's, I'd take Jeffrey and Agholor and slot them into this team all day long. Cooks, Jeffrey, Hogan and Agholor with Gronk and Ertz as Tight Ends. The Eagles entire OL. Ajayi as 2 down back, with Burkhead receving back. Boom. Undefeated. 

8 hours ago, footlunder said:

Brady and it's not even close.  The media just wants to pick Wentz bc they hate brady/patriots.  Wentz has a strong run game and elite D.  Also, this:

Those damn TD passes keep overshadowing your true play on the field. Take it easy there Carson, we talked about this. 9_9 Stop leading the league in that category. 

FYI, the media does not hate the Pats. The Eagles are currently seen as some fluky 10-1 team because of the easiest SOS ever in NFL history.

But in the end, I have no issue giving the MVP to Brady over Wentz. He deserves it. 

30 minutes ago, Blaaaaaah said:

Wentz hasn't thrown 5 passes in the 4th quarter since week 3. 

We've won our last 4 games by at least 28 points.

He would be throwing close to 300+ yards a game if that's what was needed. 

Well yeah maybe, but he isn't. The team is winning by 28 points because the whole team is great. Doesn't that make you happier than relying on one player? 

Also it's last 3 games, not 4 - you beat the 9ers by only 23, losers

35 minutes ago, Blaaaaaah said:

Wentz hasn't thrown 5 passes in the 4th quarter since week 3. 

We've won our last 4 games by at least 28 points.

Wentz doesn't throw that much in general, though. 10th in attempts in the 1st half and 5th in attempts in the first 3 quarters. Besides, I don't think yards/game should be a primary factor  - oftentimes the players at the top of that list are padding their yards at the end of blowout losses. Wentz is 10th in yards/attempt, so him throwing more wouldn't lead to him having more passing yards than Brady anyway.

Philly non-QBs are averaging 4.8 yards/rush compared to 4.3 for the Patriots. Not complaining about the 4.3, by the way. I think anything over 4 is solid.

Wentz definitely deserves MVP consideration, and many things can change in the last five weeks.

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

Well yeah maybe, but he isn't. The team is winning by 28 points because the whole team is great. Doesn't that make you happier than relying on one player? 

I'm just making a point.

As much as people want to use stats to back up their point, you can just watch the games and see very clearly that they're the best player on their respective teams. 

3 minutes ago, Blaaaaaah said:
9 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I'm just making a point.

As much as people want to use stats to back up their point, you can just watch the games and see very clearly that they're the best player on their respective teams. 

I agree. Wentz is #2 in MVP to me. I just think there is a clear distinction on who is more valuable this year

35 minutes ago, Blaaaaaah said:

Pretty irrelevant in this discussion. 

I highly doubt voters will see a stat gap and say “oh, well Wentz could cover that if he wants to”. People using stats as the crux of their argument is because that’s what voters tend to do. W-L record and narrative play a part too, especially when there are multiple guys that have closeish statistics (which I believe Brady and Wentz split). 

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Pretty irrelevant in this discussion. 

I highly doubt voters will see a stat gap and say “oh, well Wentz could cover that if he wants to”. People using stats as the crux of their argument is because that’s what voters tend to do. W-L record and narrative play a part too, especially when there are multiple guys that have closeish statistics (which I believe Brady and Wentz split). 

If you scroll down a little bit more to my next post you'll see I pretty much completely agree. 

Archived