MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

On 11/27/2017 at 11:47 PM, footlunder said:

Brady and it's not even close.  The media just wants to pick Wentz bc they hate brady/patriots.  Wentz has a strong run game and elite D.  Also, this:

Patriots fans can have that MVP.

We just need that Super Bowl victory. B|

No, but seriously my last post in this thread before yours was simply "The answer is Brady", cause that is really all that needs to be said.

He has taken a BIG leap from year 1 to year 2 and I understand why Eagles fans would like to see him win the award, but he hasn't been the most valuable (no matter how you define it). If you think the most valuable is the best player in the league which would be Tom Brady or you think its for the player who matters the most to his teams success then its probably Russell Wilson.

To win MVP as a 2nd year QB is super rare. The only players I've heard of getting it that early is like Dan Marino and Kurt Warner. And, lets be honest while it was only Warner's 2nd real season in the NFL he was on the Packers for the offseason roster 5 years earlier and spent the next 3 years after that playing in NFL Europe and then spent 1 year as a 3rd stringer on the Rams before playing his first season (2nd year in the NFL), so calling him a 2nd year QB is kind of deceiving.

The fact that Carson is even somewhere in the conversation is good enough for me. I wasn't expecting him to be this good this year at all. He's making calls pre snap like a veteran and is playing great situational football when it matters the most like on 3rd down and in the red zone.

Eagles fans need to calm down when other fans say he's not the MVP. It isn't that big of deal when you take a deep breath and step back to see the bigger picture.

Brady deserves the MVP.

If all stays equal, Wentz will win the MVP. That doesn't mean it is correct, but Brady can't really "win" the MVP at this point, Wentz has to lose it. The media will have an obvious bias towards Wentz because of the storylines and general Brady hate.

10 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

wentz lost his only argument over brady today.

He still has TD's. And realistically both of them have one tough game left (maybe two for Wentz if you count the Cowboys when Zeke is back because they will probably be playing for a playoff spot). It's kind of funny because Wentz actually had a much better day than Brady, but it kind of shows how much of his case was based on the record because without it, it's really hard to make a case for him. 

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Wilson looks pretty MVPish to me

Aside from percentage of offense, which nobodies ever voted on, he doesn't have a single argument against Brady. Every single year there is a guy who people claim deserves it because of the lack of talent on their team and how much more their wins are associated with him. Those candidates never win it. It comes down to best player on the best team or player on a contending team that is doing something historic or near historic. 

Archived