MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

4 hours ago, VanS said:

Alvin Kamara deserves some votes for MVP.  

He's been the MVP of the Saints so far this season.

Amen to this.  Ingram's MVP chatter was starting to grow more and more in the last few weeks but Kamara has been just as, if not more effective for New Orleans throughout the entire year.  I would think Kamara has surpassed Ingram after his performance yesterday.  ORY is his at this point but if he can keep up his production and New Orleans wins the NFC South then he should get more consideration >>>edit for MVP.

9 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

No, I'm just right. As @Meeker pointed out, what he's doing this season is historic.

Didn't say you were wrong, I said you were obsessed. Every single post in the two (or three) MVP threads is about Wilson. Have some balance.

@PatriotsWin! Looking at those stats, you could say something along the lines that Brady is the efficient, cerebral one of the three, who takes most care of the ball and has the better completion/average stats. Wilson and Wentz are more all-action, at the cost of some efficiency. May well come down to record only.

20 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

NFL.com has Russ at nine fumbles with two lost.

profootballreference.com has Wilson and Wentz with 9 fumbles and Brady with 7.

Football Outsiders, who control for bad snaps, have Wilson with 7 fumbles (2 lost) on pass plays and a fumble on a run play--- Wentz with 6 fumbles (2 lost) on pass plays and a fumble on a run play--- Brady with 6 fumbles (3 lost) on pass plays.

So I have no idea where those above numbers are from.

It's really nice to see Russell Wilson getting heavy forum-wide recognition on the season he is having.  @brazilianguy made the case that Russell Wilson should be in consideration about two months ago and he was right.  Here is a post I made weeks ago back when Alex Smith was in most people's top 3 for MVP voting.

On November 20, 2017 at 10:23 AM, showtime said:

Russell Wilson is the Seahawks leading rusher on the season with 290 yards.  Wilson is tied for the team lead in rushing touchdowns with one.  Those are the stats and the Seahawks are about to play their week 11 game tonight vs the Falcons.  Wilson has almost literally no running game and one of the worst offensive lines in the league.  "The defense carries the Seahawks"... Not really.  The Seahawks defense has had some abysmal moments this season.  They got absolutely dominated early this season in Tennessee, especially in the third quarter.  The defense gave up 21 points in the third quarter and got ran all over in a game that was 9-7 at halftime.  A few weeks ago Deshaun Watson hung up 40 points on the Seahawks defense in Seattle, the Seahawks won that game because Russell Wilson carried the entire team.  Most recently, the Seahawks have the lead late in the fourth quarter vs the Redskins - The defense gives up roughly 70 yards in two plays and the Seahawks lose that game.... again, in Seattle.  With all of this, the Seahawks are currently sitting at 6-3.  This one guy is the Seahawks entire offense.  He does it all.  This team would have one or two wins without Wilson.

With all of that said, Tom Brady is the MVP of the league.  The Patriots are sitting at 10-2 and he has remarkable stats to back it all up.  If you look at the stats, Wilson is right there with Brady in several categories, even passes him in total yards and total touchdowns due to Wilson's rushing statistics.  10-2 vs 8-4 really is a pretty big difference, though.  I think team record is huge.  If Seattle can finish 12-4 and get a top seed in the NFC, then Wilson has a shot.

In a literal sense, Russell Wilson is the MVP of the league.  He's more valuable to the Seahawks than any current starting QB is to their team.

Such a fluid discussion. If Brady went off and had 400 yards and 4 TDs yesterday, on the same day Wentz loses and throws a pick, gets sacked a lot etc - would there be "the conversation's over" statements in here? I say there would be. Then, I'd also say it would take just one performance either way for that conversation to be BACK. It's week-to-week

26 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

He should be in the conversation, and Sherman/Chancellor being out will help the narrative for him.  But imo he's too far behind in the team record and has a good chance to drop one or two more before the season is over.  It's hard to win the MVP when your team isn't a top 2 seed and the Seahawks are only a wildcard team right now and seem extremely unlikely to pass the other three/four teams for a top two seed.

Just like there's a chance the Seahawks lose more games, there's also a chance that Wilson continues his historic pace, the Seahawks make the playoffs (perhaps even win the division), and then what's the excuse? As always, we do have to wait and see. I'm just priming it each week as "if the voting happened today, here's how I would vote" kind of deal. Heck, for all we know, Brady finishes the season with like 5 straight 400-yard performances and Wilson doesn't throw another TD pass.

23 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Such a fluid discussion. If Brady went off and had 400 yards and 4 TDs yesterday, on the same day Wentz loses and throws a pick, gets sacked a lot etc - would there be "the conversation's over" statements in here? I say there would be. Then, I'd also say it would take just one performance either way for that conversation to be BACK. It's week-to-week

It is a fluid discussion, and things change every week. That's the beauty of it. Yeah, if Brady threw for 400 yards and 4 TD's yesterday he'd be the clear front runner. But he didn't. He didn't throw any touchdowns, had an INT, and his team still won very easily. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

It's really nice to see Russell Wilson getting heavy forum-wide recognition on the season he is having.  @brazilianguy made the case that Russell Wilson should be in consideration about two months ago and he was right.  Here is a post I made weeks ago back when Alex Smith was in most people's top 3 for MVP voting.

With all of that said, Tom Brady is the MVP of the league.  The Patriots are sitting at 10-2 and he has remarkable stats to back it all up.  If you look at the stats, Wilson is right there with Brady in several categories, even passes him in total yards and total touchdowns due to Wilson's rushing statistics.  10-2 vs 8-4 really is a pretty big difference, though.  I think team record is huge.  If Seattle can finish 12-4 and get a top seed in the NFC, then Wilson has a shot.

In a literal sense, Russell Wilson is the MVP of the league.  He's more valuable to the Seahawks than any current starting QB is to their team.

That defense just held the #1 team in PPG to 10 points and are top 10 in PPG against.  They clearly aren't too shabby even despite missing some important personnel.  

I get that Russel Wilson is the offense, but he's also had several dud performances this season.  People are supremely high on him after last night's performance and rightfully so, he was incredible, but he hasn't been as consistent as Brady or Wentz.

11 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

That defense just held the #1 team in PPG to 10 points and are top 10 in PPG against.  They clearly aren't too shabby even despite missing some important personnel.  

I get that Russel Wilson is the offense, but he's also had several dud performances this season.  People are supremely high on him after last night's performance and rightfully so, he was incredible, but he hasn't been as consistent as Brady or Wentz.

All Teams have injuries  and Earl Thomas  is a beast , if you remember when he was out a while back  Kam and Sherman looked liek doo doo .  I think he is one of the reasons if not biggest  to why they are so good.   Last night was first time Jason Peters  was really missed  , Big V  was getting ish knocked out of him . I also wonder if those 2 huge hit Wentz took Early on effected him .  The BS hit when he slid , and the body slam the refs missed .  It was like they were out to hurt him 

23 minutes ago, GreenMean69 said:

All Teams have injuries  and Earl Thomas  is a beast , if you remember when he was out a while back  Kam and Sherman looked liek doo doo .  I think he is one of the reasons if not biggest  to why they are so good.   Last night was first time Jason Peters  was really missed  , Big V  was getting ish knocked out of him . I also wonder if those 2 huge hit Wentz took Early on effected him .  The BS hit when he slid , and the body slam the refs missed .  It was like they were out to hurt him 

You have this reversed.

Archived