Is there a RB you think is the Clear-Cut #1 this year?

JaguarCrazy2832

14 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

speaking of chris carson and obj, those dudes are SEVERLY under-ranked this year considering the numbers they could put up

well worth the picks, IMO. Carson was on a tear last year before he was hurt. 

Where do you have him and in what format? He is a Top-20 RB everywhere, not sure he is a slam dunk Top-15 one

OBJ is definitely underrated given the guys around him

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Where do you have him and in what format? He is a Top-20 RB everywhere, not sure he is a slam dunk Top-15 one

OBJ is definitely underrated given the guys around him

I don’t get the OBJ love...hasn’t had an elite year in over 4 years, injury troubles and is in a very run heavy offense. I don’t see the upside.

• Like 1

I’m thinking my priorities would go;

CMC, Cook - clear 1 and 2

then I’d be struggling a bit. I’m thinking Kamara, Chubb and Jones next.

Pollard will likely get a lot of snaps, and I am ruling out drafting Saquon. He will torpedo your season again. 

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I’m thinking my priorities would go;

CMC, Cook - clear 1 and 2

then I’d be struggling a bit. I’m thinking Kamara, Chubb and Jones next.

Pollard will likely get a lot of snaps, and I am ruling out drafting Saquon. He will torpedo your season again. 

Derrick Henry? I was going to assume you meant PPR but he should be ahead of Chubb there I'd think?

On 8/5/2021 at 10:26 AM, carl_sjunior said:

speaking of chris carson and obj, those dudes are SEVERLY under-ranked this year considering the numbers they could put up

well worth the picks, IMO. Carson was on a tear last year before he was hurt. 

Yeah...OBJ can kill you in so many ways. It’s like the Swiss cheese model. He has a great season when 1) he’s not underachieving, 2) he’s not injured, and 3) he’s not acting like a cancer. Those three events are rarely avoided by him at the same time. Something else about OBJ is that he’s incredibly streaky. You can’t play matchups with him...which was fine when he was a top 5 WR, but not anymore. He’s pretty much a later years Desean Jackson right now...a very frustrating guy to own. He’d be a better option in best ball. 

But I like Carson. He’s been underrated since he entered the league. I’d imagine that if you find a way to get Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, and AJ Dillon...which is all very doable you can have a very good RB Corp...and it would take the resources you’d need for similar production. Jones and Carson just about always outplay ADP. 

On 8/8/2021 at 10:01 AM, sammymvpknight said:

Yeah...OBJ can kill you in so many ways. It’s like the Swiss cheese model. He has a great season when 1) he’s not underachieving, 2) he’s not injured, and 3) he’s not acting like a cancer. Those three events are rarely avoided by him at the same time. Something else about OBJ is that he’s incredibly streaky. You can’t play matchups with him...which was fine when he was a top 5 WR, but not anymore. He’s pretty much a later years Desean Jackson right now...a very frustrating guy to own. He’d be a better option in best ball. 

But I like Carson. He’s been underrated since he entered the league. I’d imagine that if you find a way to get Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, and AJ Dillon...which is all very doable you can have a very good RB Corp...and it would take the resources you’d need for similar production. Jones and Carson just about always outplay ADP. 

I tried very hard to get my own backups but I only snagged the Carson/Penny combo in the draft. I picked Saquon with the 9th pick so this guy right before me took Devontae Booker way way higher than he should have gone. Out of spite I picked up some backups to great RBs. I have Tarik Cohen, Chuba Hubbard, and the rookie backup of Derrick Henry. 

I made a run last year and Aaron Jones and his backup Williams were huge for me at times during the season. I was wrecked by injury all year.

2 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

I tried very hard to get my own backups but I only snagged the Carson/Penny combo in the draft. I picked Saquon with the 9th pick so this guy right before me took Devontae Booker way way higher than he should have gone. Out of spite I picked up some backups to great RBs. I have Tarik Cohen, Chuba Hubbard, and the rookie backup of Derrick Henry. 

I made a run last year and Aaron Jones and his backup Williams were huge for me at times during the season. I was wrecked by injury all year.

Keep an eye on Clement. He’s neck and neck with Booker right now. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2021 at 9:42 AM, Kmart128 said:

I have both Saquon Barkley and Henry on my team! Its a keepee league. I kept Henry. Kept my 2nd round selection and Barkley ended up falling to me. I hope thise two are the clear cut 1a and 1b fantasy RBs

I'm in the same boat, except I selected them in a re-draft auction league. 

I expected this performance from Barkley out of the gate but Henry was disappointing to say the least.

Cheers to better weeks from them both!