NYRaider

Should they trade Ben Simmons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trade him?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Neither probably. 

Ya I think this trade kind of works right?  Garland doesn't really work with Sexton, and Simmons can take Love's spot at the 4 plus give them the secondary ball handler Garland was.  Garland gives the 76ers some shooting and Love is a better fit next spacing wise next to Embiid.  

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya Sexton broke out this year.  I can't imagine them wanting to trade him.  

I agree…but there is some that feel Sexton is destined to be a sixth man due to his lack or playmaking and defense, where Garland has more playmaking ability.

knowing the cavs…they will screw it up no matter what they do

2 hours ago, winitall said:

Not a big basketball guy, but it looks like the financials on this would work, any thoughts?

76ers receive: Draymond Green, 2021 Min 1st, cap filler 

Warriors receive: Ben Simmons

Draymond Green for the anti Draymond Green?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

What the hell kind of piece could they even get for him at this point? Any GM worth anything isn't trading a major player or pick for this version of Simmons. 

The best piece and most logical swap would be a CJ McCollum for Ben Simmons trade. If I'm Portland I'd probably want Thybulle back in the deal as well. 

So something like...

Portland receives: Ben Simons, Matissse Thybulle

Philadelphia receives: CJ McCollum, Nassir Little 

Portland's core has lacked perimeter defense forever and Ben could basically be their super charged Draymond Green. They could bring back Norman Powell so the loss of CJ isn't a huge one for them and he'd give the 76ers a legit scorer/floor spacer to pair with Embiid. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Warriors receive: Ben Simmons, Seth Curry, #28

76ers receive: Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, T-Wolves 1st, Warriors 1st

To rich for Simmons at this time. 

Wiggins and a collection of draft picks that’s not the Minny pick. 

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

At this point Simmons upside is Hypercharged Draymond.

So why would I trade Draymond for him. And if you trade Wiggins, then what do you even do with Draymond?

Is Simmons really a hypercharged Draymond though? Simmons is obviously a better athlete and scorer but they're probably on par with one another as rebounders and passers. Draymond can at least occasionally hit a 3 and isn't a total liability as a FT shooter. 

In terms of mentality Simmons is essentially the anti-Draymond. Draymond's impact can't be measured by stats, he brings toughness, leadership, and is pretty much the ultimate role player. While Simmons is basically the opposite of all of that.