Ben Simmons officially asks to be traded

NYRaider

Should they trade Ben Simmons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trade him?

• Yes
    • No

32 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think John Wall's expiring will have value.  It is too large.  You'd have to match up multiple large contracts just to make a deal work.  There were several aging players this year that ended up as buyouts and that is where Wall is heading too (when he's in the last year of his deal).  

The cap will be up and more players will have signed big deals by then. Expiring's always have some type of value. I'm not saying Wall's or Simmons' is better, I'm simply saying an argument can be made for either.

The overreactions in here are comical. The worst contract in the league? lol. Get the guy a sport psychologist and transition him into more of a 4. He's still one of the best defenders in the league, an elite passer and finishes well around the rim. He's just a horrific fit with Embiid.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The overreactions in here are comical. The worst contract in the league? lol. Get the guy a sport psychologist and transition him into more of a 4. He's still one of the best defenders in the league, an elite passer and finishes well around the rim. He's just a horrific fit with Embiid.

Agreed.  Plus he's only 24.  

Yes, they should have 12 months ago. Even if Tillman Fertita said no for Harden, you had to have made that move then. It doesn't work, it'll never work. The styles don't match with Embiid and blankly Ben's mental state is NEVER going to recover in Philly. He has to go somewhere that he can just be a guy and rebuild himself if he's not going to be washed out of the league in a couple years.

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

What I don't get is getting a wide open dunk like that is every kid's dream and one of the easieat thibgs to do, yet he's too scared to do?

Genuinely afraid he’d get fouled trying to dunk and have to shoot FT’s.  Only explanation that makes sense.  

51 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

you can find way cheaper options to do what he does, and im not buying the fit argument either.  He is basically a better version of Kyle Anderson. 

Edited by Texansfan713

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

How many guys are the passer and defender he is for way cheaper?

Depends on your definition of "way cheaper".

List will probably be short, but that doesnt neglect the fact Simmons contract is horrible for the type of player he is. 

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

Depends on your definition of "way cheaper".

List will probably be short, but that doesnt neglect the fact Simmons contract is horrible for the type of player he is. 

Give me two guys who can replicate what Simmons does for far cheaper.