Your top 5 pass rushers as of 2021

14 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lmao.  Just admit you were wrong pre-draft and move on.

This is an honest question from a WFT-ignorant person -

Why is Chase Young better than Sweat at this point?

------

Sweat has more sacks, pressures, hits (Per game + Total) on what seems to be less designed blitzes and graded 3rd in PFF in run defense grade at the position last year (Mack, Watt ahead). 

I'm not trying to dump on Young because I think he's great and it's possible they both hit double digit sacks this year, just confused why Sweat flies so under the radar compared to Young.

7 hours ago, Soggust said:

------

Sweat has more sacks, pressures, hits (Per game + Total) on what seems to be less designed blitzes and graded 3rd in PFF in run defense grade at the position last year (Mack, Watt ahead). 

I'm not trying to dump on Young because I think he's great and it's possible they both hit double digit sacks this year, just confused why Sweat flies so under the radar compared to Young.

Well, for starters, you referenced PFF.  Young (87.2) has a higher overall grade than Sweat did last year (79.7) and a much higher overall grade than Sweat did in their respective rookie years (87.2 vs. 60.2).

Young is also more of a game-changer than Sweat (4 forced fumbles and 3 fumble recoveries for Young vs. 2 and 0 for Sweat).

I also don't think many people realize Young was battling through a groin injury throughout the entire 1st half of the season, and it was clear to see the difference in his movement on the field (and his stats) once he was fully healthy.

Young was also double-teamed at a slightly higher rate, with a higher pass rush win rate:

Young is also only 22 years old, and his ceiling is limitless.  Sweat is 25.

Both are great though, and we're super lucky to have them.

• Like 1

Ok so after 4 years of disappointment...I think I’m ready to say that Marcus Davenport is ready to be a pro bowler. He has always shown moments of brilliance and has been an elite run stuffer...but it’s been a matter of consistency and staying healthy. But the guy has looked like a man among boys this offseason. There are very few guys as talented as him in the NFL. I won’t completely buy in until I see it for a string of games, but man he’s talented. Sort of reminds me of Akiem Hicks while he was on the Saints...it was frustrating seeing him come so close to putting it together only for it to click the moment he leaves. Davenport is much more talented than Hicks. 

The Saints lost some pieces in defenses over the offseason, but I truly believe that improvements in Davenport and Zack Baun can make up the difference. Both have looked phenomenal. 

On 9/7/2021 at 8:02 AM, Soggust said:

------

Conventional wisdom will tell you Young is the focus of all the team's protection scheme next to Johnathan Allen. Sweat should put up those numbers when he is largely single blocked, Young does not have that same luxury.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Conventional wisdom will tell you Young is the focus of all the team's protection scheme next to Johnathan Allen. He should put up those numbers when he is largely single blocked, Young does not have that same luxury,

How much more often is Young doubled vs Sweat? According to the chart posted above, it seems like Young IS doubled slightly more, but not at a ridiculously higher rate. That could just be the chart skewing my perception, so I'd be curious to know what that translates to in actual play count.

Edited by Soggust

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not sure if he’s a certified top 10 rusher at this moment, but Brian Burns has been impressing the hell out of me. His speed off the line of scrimmage is absurd. If the guy stays healthy, I can’t imagine he isn’t a bonafide, top edge rusher by season’s end.

Edited by Yin-Yang