Worst Thing the USA Has Done to the UK Since the Boston Teaparty - WK8 GDT

Mastercheddaar

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Britt injures knee on first play/drop of night.  Browns receivers combine for 337 yards receiving.  Browns win 23-20.  @SteelKing728 has no other choice but become fan of the Browns, his third NFL team--ousted from Pittsburgh forums after joking, "Hey, Big Ben is gonna go rape a girl tonight at the bar with the help of his bodyguards.  Just kidding, guys.  Go Steelers!!!"--when he is perma-banned from the Vikings forum for being a Judas and jinxing the Vikings.

I shouldn't have laughed but I did. Lol

I don't want to get this thread locked though. 

Is Kessler or Kizer starting?

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Thoughts on the Steelers Bryant issues. Dude wants the ball and they are getting him the ball. 

Would you guys be willing to go after him? He wouldn’t cost too much because of his history. i think he be worth the gamble. He would come here and be the best WR on the team 

Drama maker... that being said he would automatically be the best wideout on the team. A 5th for him... 

that is all

mc

I believe this is the week we get #1 of #3. Playing in London has been the great equalizer in the past and I believe it will again this time. In another defensive football game where both offenses make the new age crowd want to puke Browns win 11-10.

Offensive line is still a joke and our two QBs are sacked 7 times while completing 56% of their passes including at least 4 drops from the No Hands Team, Isaiah Crowell continues to be unable to make the 1st guy miss and Hue gives up on him midway through the 2nd quarter. 

Special Teams is good for at least 3 field position flipping penalties and ZERO production in the return game.

We are bailed out of all the by stellar play from the defense.

Myles Garrett another pair of sacks. Rotation at DT balls out yet again and our trio of Linebackers are hitting on all cylinders all game. Larry Ogunjobi with the game winning saftey after 3 Gonzalez field goals giving the Browns the odd score of 11.

7 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I'm from the other side of the city, the East End, where the Blitz hit in the Second World War. The families are heavily working class and historically quite poor. In my opinion it's made us a lot more rea than some of the fairweather fans of other clubs and areas. I'm not saying those are traits shared or not shared with Cleveland. I didn't spend enough time in your great city to know but I do think there's a big similarity amongst us, especially when it comes to our teams. 

Our English football team in East London is so similar to the Browns. We haven't won in 122 years, but are some of the best fans in the country. We have a terrible owner, ours are genuinely vile people that sold our home of all those years and moved us into a rented stadium that is not fit for purpose (the one used for Olympics). This is the first year apart from when I was at university that I don't have a season ticket, because as far as I'm concerned they ripped the soul out of our great club for their own personal gain. Imagine how bad it must be when the Browns are my getaway...

Sorry to go off on a tangent, spending so much time on here with Browns talk it's nice to say a quick bit about my equivalent to you guys, even if it's off-topic and not interesting!

I know I’m not alone in this but I absolutely love having fans from other countries rooting for the Browns. 

45 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I know I’m not alone in this but I absolutely love having fans from other countries rooting for the Browns. 

I've started supporting (rooting takes on an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MEANING in Australia) the Geelong Cats in Aussie Rules Football.  Have joined several FB chat boards, and the folks have welcomed me with open arms.  Even got some Cats gear (that I found in an online store here in the US).  

Have loved watching the matches, and listening to Australian radio to learn some of the ins and outs of how the offseason works.  

1.  They have only a 2 week "trade period" in which teams can trade players.  

2.  They do have free agency (both restricted and unrestricted) and if a player doesn't sign a free agent deal, he can go back into the "draft" and be selected by a club, and possibly be signed for a lesser salary.

3.  I have found it to be a fascinating sport.  Some of the players are running 12-20 kilometers (7.5 to 12.5 miles) all while getting the snot pounded out of them.  Much more action than soccer, much more scoring than rugby.

Intro to the game:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMZYZcoAcU0&t=37s

Big hits of 2017  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFEZzLHaM08

These guys are bad A@@e@.

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I shouldn't have laughed but I did. Lol

I don't want to get this thread locked though. 

Is Kessler or Kizer starting?

Get this thread locked.  Do it.  We need it.

And trade us Harrison Smith & I'll reveal the starter.

From now on, @SteelKing728 is the only Steeler fan allowed in this forum. on footballsfuture.

7 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I'm in an NFL fantasy football league with some West Ham fans who have also given up their season ticket and I'm not exaggerating, half of them are Browns fans. And very knowledgable too.

It's actually quite mad how misery attracts misery... it's great though.

Things to keep an eye on this week:

Does Hue board the plane back stateside? If he does, how many times in his postgame presser (after a loss obv) will he say “I gotta go back and watch the film to make that determination”?

Who starts at QB? Might they find a British bloke over there that’s more qualified than Kizer/whomever else?

If Jabril plays, will he be close enough to the line of scrimmage to hear adjustments being made by Schobert, making the calls?

Will watching the Browns singlehandedly keep another continent from wanting an NFL football team of their own?

On the bright side, the early gametime allows Browns fans to forgo the obligation to miss other 1:00 games this week, that might actually be worth watching. 

Archived