Most popular NFL team in each international country

pf9

7 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

West Ham is a good choice, and probably the team I'd support if I had to choose one. They have their ups and downs but generally have a decent squad with some fun youth in there and as far as I know are known to have pretty classy fans.

You're cool.

Living in Canada, from my experience Toronto and westward, it all depends what team is closest.

Southern Ontario is mostly Bills fans. I would assume that the Steelers might be another one though. Not surprising since Bon Jovi wanted to buy the team and move them to Toronto.

Vancouver/Victoria is mostly Seahawks fans.

Northwestern Ontario is a combination between Vikings and Packers fans.

The Prairies are all about the CFL lol.

Surprisingly, us Saints fan seem to be spotted around the country, but its only because I am one that I notice it. I would say there are a quite a few Patriots fans in their 20’s-30’s.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 2:12 PM, DutchFalcon said:

I don't think its any different in Europe then it is in the US. Some fans might be drawn in by the success (If you're going to watch an NFL game it will probably be the SB, guess who has been playing a lot of those) but will have 'grown' into real fans of the team and will keep supporting them. Others will move on to KC or whatever the flavor of the month might be, others might stop following the sport as a whole.

Also in Western Europe the NBA broke out in the 90's thanks to Micheal Jordan.

The difference is geography though right? 

Most (not all) fans are fans of a team because they grew up nearby and everyone there are fans, that has to make it stickier and easier to pass down to your kids

If you're a 35 year old Patriots fan living in Germany and your kid is 8 years old watching Pat Mahomes is he really going to be a Pats fan?

2 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Wichita born and bred. I am immune to bandwagon claims 😝. Yourself?

Germany, Hamburg although I live in Florida now. Was just wondering because it sounded like you were from Europe yourself. From my experience lots of 49ers fans, PAts and surprisingly many Jags fans

• Like 1

Of the three games I have been to in London, it's always Patriots, Packers and Dolphins shirts everywhere.

I actually spoke to a bunch of German Packers fans at the last game I went to, and they had a much more intricate answer than I was expecting when I asked why they support the Packers.

For those that don't know, in German football (FINE, Soccer ...) there is a '50+1' ownership model. It means that the club itself (i.e it's members) must own a majority of voting rights, thus not allowing external investors to control a club.

Given that Green Bay are the only community owned franchise in the NFL, there is a natural synergy there for German fans who also like Soccer.

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Of the three games I have been to in London, it's always Patriots, Packers and Dolphins shirts everywhere.

I actually spoke to a bunch of German Packers fans at the last game I went to, and they had a much more intricate answer than I was expecting when I asked why they support the Packers.

For those that don't know, in German football (FINE, Soccer ...) there is a '50+1' ownership model. It means that the club itself (i.e it's members) must own a majority of voting rights, thus not allowing external investors to control a club.

Given that Green Bay are the only community owned franchise in the NFL, there is a natural synergy there for German fans who also like Soccer.

Good spot! Knew the Bundesliga had the 50+1 rule, knew Packers were fan owned...didn't put the two together! Also, probably a lot of German migration in that part of the States? Not sure

Definitely not the most followed team in the UK, but if you go to a Derby County game then you will see a TON of LA Rams gear on supporters due to the Ram connection. I feel like that will definitely fall off now the badge as changed to a more LA-centric badge. I think naturally most of them become Rams fans purely for that reason, as did I. 

So went gym last night in an English city. Dude walks in with a Rex Grossman bears jersey (he was built like a linebacker too). I said to him “you’ll need to upgrade that to a a Fields one soon won’t you”….he didn’t have an effing clue what I was talking about. Looked at me like I had 5 heads. 

Classic. All the gear = No idea. 

Edited by Hunter2_1